Have you ever dreamed about being a fireman? Now you're going to get your chance without all that pesky fire. Ubisoft has just announced Emergency Heroes for the Wii.
The big twist is that it's not really about saving people's lives. It's actually a sci-fi game that takes place in a memory simulation.
Hit the jump for the full press release.
Ubisoft Announces Emergency Heroes For The Wii
SAN FRANCISCO – March 31, 2008 – Today Ubisoft, one of the world's largest video game publishers, announced that it will publish Emergency Heroes exclusively on the Wii™ home video game system from Nintendo. Developed by Ubisoft Reflections and Ubisoft Barcelona, Emergency Heroes is an open world rescue driving game. Young rescuers can jump into 16 different variations of next-generation rescue vehicles as a police officer, firefighter or EMT and navigate through the sprawling streets of San Alto, keeping citizens safe along the way. Emergency Heroes will be available in North America in May 2008.
- Drive the next generation of rescue vehicles. Pilot and command numerous hi-tech rescue vehicles designed specifically for ultra-high-risk, high-speed navigation. Choose between police, fire and EMT vehicles.
- Explore and protect the entire city. As an emergency hero, your mission is to protect the peaceful city of San Alto. Drive through stunning free-roaming open environments, rescuing the city from imminent danger at every turn.
- Two Player Co-Op. Challenge your friends or combine forces to form the ultimate rescue hero team to protect your city.
- Fun for the whole family. Making full use of the Wii Remote™, everyone in the family can enjoy being an emergency hero.
- Fast-action gameplay. Take advantage of Hero Mode and play like you mean it – the faster you drive, the faster you rise and gain access to powers of invincibility.