Here's what Big N is boasting about for February. In February, "Nintendo DS sold nearly 587,600 units and Wii sold nearly 432,000."
- Nintendo sold more than 1 million hardware units combined, accounting for nearly half (47.6 percent) of all hardware sold.
- Nintendo DS games topped all software sales, with more than 3.6 million units sold. Consumers purchased nearly 2.9 million software units for Wii. Four of every 10 games sold were for Nintendo systems.
- Three games in the top five sellers for February play on Nintendo systems, including two from third-party publishers.
- Nearly 1.7 million accessories were purchased for Wii, more than for any other system. More than 1.2 million accessories were sold for Nintendo DS as well.
While we seem to notice only 2 games on Nintendo consoles in the Top 5 (and only 3 in the Top 10), there's no denying that Nintendo sure did sell a bunch of stuff.
Check out the software NPD numbers after the break.
1. Call of Duty 4: Modern Warfare (Xbox 360) - 296,200
2. Devil May Cry 4 (Xbox 360) - 295,200
3. Wii Play (Wii) - 289,700
4. Devil May Cry 4 (PS3) - 233,500
5. Guitar Hero III: Legends of Rock (Wii) - 222,900
6. Mario & Sonic at the Olympic Games (DS) - 205,600
7. Lost Odyssey (Xbox 360) - 203,600
8. Turok (Xbox 360) - 197,700
9. Guitar Hero III: Legends of Rock (PS2) - 183,800
10. Rock Band (Xbox 360) - 161,800
(via Press Release)