Sony dropped a slew of details on the gameplay, tracks and cars that will make up PS3 racing game Gran Turismo 5 Prologue. For a prologue meant to hold us over until the main game is released, it looks very awesome.
- Drift Mode – The player’s drifting technique is measured based on drift angles, racing lines, and speeds within evaluation zones located at various turns on the course.
- In Depth Car Tuning – Players have the ability to adjust the vehicle’s performance, including power, weight, tires and suspension.
- Two-player Split Screen Racing – Allows players to race head-to-head against friends and foes offline.
- New Race Events – New racing events and time trials are available for players to race both offline and online. Gran Turismo 5 Prologue supports up to 16 players racing online simultaneously.
- Gran Turismo TV -- a new dedicated online channel that delivers worldwide motorsport programming and manufacturer content.
- In-cockpit view -- "real-time gauges and human animations that accurately represent the true performance and handling of each vehicle.
- More dynamic and adjustable Artificial Intelligence, a user homepage called
- "My Page and a new physics engine"
- Dualshock 3 compatible.
What, no cupholders??
Click the cut for the expansive list of cars available...but before you do, check out these jaw-smashing screenshots!