Fans of Heroes are getting a little gift to tide them over while they wait for the next season to start after the writers strike derailed it.
The NBC Universal Television, DVD, Music & Consumer Products Group will release a soundtrack to the hit superhero show on March 18 that will feature exclusive new singles from artists including Wilco ("Glad It's Over"), Panic! at the Disco ("Nine in the Afternoon"), Imogen Heap ("Not Now But Soon") and Brighton Port Authority featuring Iggy Pop ("He's Frank"), as well as classic tracks from Bob Dylan ("Man in the Long Black Coat") and David Bowie’s "Heroes," of course.
The effort will also include the Heroes theme song, three other songs by former Prince chicks Wendy & Lisa, and a new track ("All Things Must Pass") by Jesus and Mary Chain, their first in a decade. Nada Surf's "Weightless" will be the first available, starting Feb. 29.
Heroes executive producer/director Allan Arkush has crafted five music video montage podcasts that feature show footage set to tracks from the album. These will be available exclusively for free download on the Zune Marketplace online store and for streaming at MSN.
Here’s the complete tracklisting:
1. "Heroes Title," Wendy & Lisa
2. "Fire and Regeneration," Wendy & Lisa
3. "He's Frank," Brighton Port Authority featuring Iggy Pop
4. "All for Swinging You Around," New Pornographers
5. "Glad It's Over," Wilco
6. "Weightless," Nada Surf
7. "Nine in the Afternoon," Panic at the Disco
8. "Chills," My Morning Jacket
9. "Natural Selectio," Wendy & Lisa
10. "ABoneCroneDrone 3," Shelia Chandra
11. "Not Now but Soon," Imogen Heap
12. "Jealously Rides With Me," Death Cab for Cutie
13. "All Things Must Pass," The Jesus and Mary Chain
14. "Homecoming," Wendy & Lisa
15. "Man in the Long Black Coat," Bob Dylan
16. "Maya's Theme," Yerba Buena
17. "Keeping My Composure," The Chemical Brothers featuring Spank Rock
18. "Heroes," David Bowie
(Am I the only one excited that Iggy Pop recorded a song called "He's Frank?" -- Frankmeyer)
(Yes. Yes you are the only one, Frank. - SJohnson)
Hollywoodreporter.com: Songs, videos keep 'Heroes' alive