If you want to delve deeply into the insider talks regarding EA's takeover of Take-Two, EA has set up a website for you to enjoy.
Among the interesting facts:
- On Motivation: "We have enormous respect for the creative teams at Take-Two. We think we can provide those teams with a stable creative environment, a strong publishing partner with a global and more comprehensive publishing platform that includes packaged goods, online and wireless, capital to invest in the growth of existing and new game franchises, and a team of executives that know the game industry well. Most of all, we can offer them the creative freedom to do what they do best – make great games."
- On Timing: "We’ve waited to ensure that our proposal did not disrupt development on GTA IV. The game is scheduled to launch in about two months, which means the core development should be essentially complete."
- On Take-Two's identity: "Take-Two is an organization made up of several extraordinary creative teams at R*, Visual Concepts, Irrational, Firaxis, etc. We’d expect each studio to retain its own unique identity."
- On whether Rockstar would be happy at EA: "We think so. We have great respect for the R* leadership team and some of our executives have worked with R* leaders while in previous positions with other companies. We believe EA’s decentralized label organization will be attractive to Take-Two’s creative talent."
- On Whether any Rockstar franchises would be killed or restricted: We strongly believe that behind all the controversy is a core of great intellectual property and development talent. These titles don’t sell millions because they’re controversial; they sell because they’re great games. We have no plans to change that.
- On 2K Sports, Take-Two publishing, and potential layoffs: "We’re not going to begin managing a company until our proposal is accepted."