The top-selling videogame in January was Call of Duty 4: Modern Warfare. The shooting and/or bloowing-things-up simulator best all comers to sell 331,000 games.
Second was Wii Play with Wii Remote, which is pretty surprising, given the age (and relative meh-ness) of the title. Wii Play outsold Rock Band and Super Mario Galaxy. WHo would have guessed?
Click the cut for the whole top ten list.
Game Software (in units sold)
1) Call of Duty 4: Modern Combat (360, Activision) - 331,000
2) Wii Play with Wii Remote (Wii, Nintendo) - 298,000
3) Guitar Hero III: Legends of Rock (Wii, Activision) - 240,000
4) Rock Band (Xbox 360, MTV Games) - 184,000
5) Guitar Hero III: Legends of Rock (Xbox 360, Activision) - 183,000
6) Super Mario Galaxy (Wii, Nintendo) - 172,000
7) Burnout Paradise (Xbox 360, EA) - 144,000
8) Call of Duty 4: Modern Combat (PS3, Activision) - 140,000
9) Mario Party DS (DS, Nintendo) - 139,000
10) Mario and Sonic at the Olympic Games (DS, Sega) - 133,000