Block-busting space opera RPG Mass Effect is coming to PCs in May.
The PC version of the game will feature:
- Optimized controls designed specifically for the PC.
- High resolution visuals – Mass Effect for the PC features highly detailed textures, characters and environments.
- Fully customizable controls – PC gamers can re-map the control scheme any way they like.
- Run & Gun Control – Players can assign biotic powers or skills to ‘hot keys’ allowing them to play Mass Effect with a heavier focus on action.
- New decryption mini-game.
- New inventory screen GUI and functionality – The enhanced inventory system makes it easier for players to equip and modify their weapons and armor.
“Mass Effect serves as a powerful example of video games as an art form, delivering new levels of emotional intensity, realistic characters and a gripping storyline – all set in a compelling new universe,” said Ray Muzyka, General Manager, BioWare and Vice President, Electronic Arts. Frank Gibeau, President of EA’s Games Label added, “EA has struck an agreement with Microsoft to handle future publishing for Mass Effect. We are looking forward to releasing Mass Effect on the PC this Spring and brand new titles in the future.”
We think the greater versatility and control a keyboard/mouse set-up provides will make the PC version of Mass Effect superior to the 360 version.