X

PSP Burns Kid

sjohnson
52 Comments

Posted February 6, 2008 - By Stephen Johnson

A Detroit-area seventh-grader was burned when his PSP caught fire in his pocket during band class. A teacher removed the game from the student's pants. EMS was called, and the student went away to a hospital.

Michigan News: Oakland County 7th-grader treated for burns from video game

That's not the end of the story though. Tmidiman, one of our readers, sent us what he says is a copy of the Principal's email to parents to the middle school. It's under the Read More tag. We can't vouch for the authenticity, but we trust Tmidiman.

 

Today, Wednesday, February 6, 2008 at approximately 8:30 a.m., an incident occurred in which a student had an electronic devise, a PSP (a Sony Play Station portable) housed in his pant pocket. The PSP overheated and expelled excessive heat to the student's leg.  The PSP was immediately removed from the building.  EMS was called, and the Fire Marshall did an investigation of the scene and all was safe.  The student received medical treatment.

We encourage students not to bring electronic devices to school.  If a student has an electronic item or cell phone, the item must be turned off, kept in their locker, and shall not be used during school hours.


Respectfully,

Mr. XXXX

Principal

Dear Parents/Guardians:

PSP Burns Kid
http://www.g4tv.com/thefeed/blog/post/682651/psp-burns-kid/
http://files.g4tv.com/images/blog/2008/02/06/633379088380703125.jpg
BlogThread_682651

ADVERTISEMENT

Blog Tags

g4tv.com
  • International Sexy Ladies Show: Messy Cat Fight

    Posted: January 27, 2010

    644,696 Views | 00:49

  • Sara Underwood's Naked Bike Ride

    Posted: June 22, 2011

    1,316,284 Views | 05:20

  • Laser Snake Robots, More Mars Rovers and BigDog Is Back

    Posted: September 25, 2012

    1,290 Views | 03:00

  • NBA 2K13 Launch Trailer

    Posted: October 4, 2012

    5,601 Views | 01:53

  • Casual Vomiting - Web Soup Investigates

    Posted: March 30, 2011

    7,570 Views | 02:52

AdChoices