If you haven't played Bioshock, the following sentence won't make sense to you, but Take 2 unveiled the details of four new, downloadable plasmids and tonics today, as well as a new achievement.
The plasmids and tonics:
- Sonic Boom: Hurls creatures and objects back with a blast of force
- EVE saver: Enables Plasmids to use less
- EVE Vending Expert: Reduces prices in the vending machines
- Machine Buster: Increases the amount of damage players deal to cameras, bots and turrets
- Xbox 360 players can gain 100 points for "Brass Balls," by beating BioShock on the "hard" difficulty setting without dying
But, maybe more importantly, Take 2 has finally fixed the Bioshock widescreen problem, meaning those of us with widescreen TVs won't be getting a gimped out game.
All of the above improvements to Bioshock are, amazingly, free, as a title update on 360s and a patch for PC players.