X

New Shot Cures Smoking Addicts

sjohnson
15 Comments

Posted November 9, 2007 - By Stephen Johnson

Everyone knows that smoking cigarettes is a really cool pastime that makes you look sophisticated, smooth and intelligent. So why anyone would want to stop the awesome habit is beyond us, but apparently, people do, and a new injection might help them do just that.

The treatment involves an injection that stops smokers from gaining gratification from inhaling burning, dried out plant matter.

According to Dr. Frank Vocci, director of medications development at the National Institute on Drug Abuse, the new treatment "clearly shows promise" and merits a definitive study.

The initial results indicate that more than twice as many people given five of the shots stopped smoking than those given fewer or phony shots - about 15 percent versus 6 percent after one year.

Keep in mind, in a study indicating a successful result, only 15 percent of smokers could keep smoke-free for a year. The other 85% just couldn't leave Flavor Country. If that's not evidence of how awesome cigarettes are, we don't know what is!

Wired: Study: Anti-Smoking Shot Holds Promise

New Shot Cures Smoking Addicts
http://www.g4tv.com/thefeed/blog/post/680737/new-shot-cures-smoking-addicts/
http://media001.g4tv.com/images/blog/2007/11/09/633302053212942520.jpg
BlogThread_680737

ADVERTISEMENT

Blog Tags

g4tv.com
  • International Sexy Ladies Show: Messy Cat Fight

    Posted: January 27, 2010

    644,696 Views | 00:49

  • Sara Underwood's Naked Bike Ride

    Posted: June 22, 2011

    1,316,284 Views | 05:20

  • Laser Snake Robots, More Mars Rovers and BigDog Is Back

    Posted: September 25, 2012

    1,290 Views | 03:00

  • NBA 2K13 Launch Trailer

    Posted: October 4, 2012

    5,601 Views | 01:53

  • Casual Vomiting - Web Soup Investigates

    Posted: March 30, 2011

    7,570 Views | 02:52

AdChoices