A videogame based on crusty old cartoon George of the Jungle is coming soon to a Wii, DS or PS2 near you...if you live in Europe.
George of the Jungle is a cell-shaded side-scrolling platformer, that will "have you swinging, running, jumping, climbing, fighting and laughing your way through an assortment of obstacles whilst collecting bonus items along the way," according to Ignition, the company behind it. I don't know about you, but I love bonus items!
"George of the Jungle™ has always proved to be a favorite with kids of all ages and it is a pleasure to be working with Entertainment Rights to bring the franchise to a new generation of fans" said Peter Rollinson, Product manager, Ignition Entertainment Ltd.
It comes out in the beginning of 2008 in Europe. No North American release date has been announced. Click the cut for official info on the game's key features.
- Swing, run, jump, climb and charge your way through exciting adventures as George of the Jungle™!
- Based on the classic Jay Ward series and the highly anticipated new animated series due to air on Nickelodeon (UK) Autumn 2007
- Enter the jungle – dangerous to some, a playground to George
- Join George on his hilarious quest
- Interact with the whole gang – Ursula, Magnolia, Dr. Scott, the Witch Doctor, Shep and of course George’s best buddy Ape
- Battle hostile monkey tribes, ferocious crocodiles, tiki warriors, and many other entertaining enemy encounters