We here at TheFeed love watching football, except for the last 6 months our love has been confined to logging long hours with Madden. We've been playing it a lot. In fact, our franchise just won the superbowl with an undefeated record for the 2016 season.
Now, someone who doesn't like Madden is TheFeed's girlfriend. Last night, after winning said superbowl, TheFeed's girlfriend took the game, threw it in the blender, and then melted the shredded pieces on the grill with some American cheese. It tasted better than the food she usually cooks. Also, she screamed something about not getting enough attention, but we ignored it.
Luckily for us, TheFeed's girlfriend isn't very smart. She didn't realize that the destruction of our passion came just in time for us to realize that the REAL football season is about to start with tonight's clash between the Saints and the Colts. We probably wouldn't have noticed if we were gunning to win virtual Superbowl LI (that's fifty-one in Roman), but now we can watch real people play football, and we have her to thank for it. Well, we would thank her if she wasn't imaginary, but that's neither here nor there.
Anyway, here's a few storylines we'll be paying attention to this NFL season, and we think you should, too.
1. Can the Indianapolis Colts repeat as champs after losing a number of key players from their roster? And can a network fill an entire commercial break only with ads featuring Peyton Manning.
2. Can the New England Patriots regain their spot as the dominant team of the decade now that they have added Adalius Thomas and a number of receivers including a complete head case in Randy Moss?
3. Will the Cinncinatti Bengals break their own record for players arrested in a season? The team had 10 players cuffed in a 14 month period. One more and they could have fielded an entire defense. In jail.
4. Will LaDanian Tomlimson have another monster year after breaking the record for touchdowns scored with 31 last season? He has a chance since he avoided the cover of Madden for another year, although his team is coached by Norv Turner.
5. Will this be the last year that Brett Favre kills the Packers with errant throws and bad interceptions, or will he finally hang up his cleats and allow Aaron Rodgers to kill the Packers with errant throws and bad interceptions?
6. Will JaMarcus Russell end his holdout and sign with the Raiders, and give himself a chance to earn stats in Madden NFL '09 that are better than "normal"? Oh wait, you didn't see that video? Then check out JaMarcus Russell and friends competing in the Madden Rookie Bowl, and get pumped for some football, baby.