Virtua Fighter 5 for the 360 goes on sale October 30th. Just in time for Halloween!
Yes. We know you can already play it on your PS3, but the 360 version will feature online play. Also: leaderboards, downloadable matches from the top contenders, as well as yet-to-be-determined Virtua Fighter 5 downloadable through the Xbox Live Marketplace.
Plus: the rumble support so you can really feel those face-kicks, and VF 5 will be based on the latest arcade hardware revision.
There you have it, 360-fight fans: Get your Virtua on!
Click the cut for a detailed, official feature list.
- Online Multi-Player enables players to compete worldwide challenging any one, any where, any time, using Xbox Live.
- Leaderboards enable players to see how they stack up against other players worldwide both in their Arcade Mode scores and clear time, and in the command list clear time for their favorite character.
- Character Data Portability makes it possible to save characters created in the Quest Mode via Memory Unit and play with those characters against other people’s customized characters in the VS Mode on other Xbox 360 systems.
- Quest Mode where players can compete in various arcades and win prize money to fully customize each character. The Quest Mode will also allow players to choose their opponents allowing for more strategic and flexible gameplay. Would you rather fight in an easy competition to win items to customize your character or compete against the highest ranked fighter to improve your dan-level? The choice is yours.
- Balanced Gameplay Based on the latest arcade version Virtua Fighter™ 5 will be the most balanced release of Virtua Fighter™ ever on a home console.
- Improved AI makes challenging the highest level rival characters in quest mode much more difficult for advanced players. AI opponents will also differ more from each other and have individualistic styles.
- In-depth DOJO Mode where players can learn and practice thousands of moves and techniques to succeed. The DOJO Mode allows players to practice against any of the characters they choose, set their skill level, specify their actions and reactions and activate in depth display settings showing button inputs and move frame counts in real time. For the first time players will also be able to post their command list clear time results to an online leaderboard.
- Enhanced Commentary Function allows players to turn on play-by-play sports commentary audio creating an action-packed competitive atmosphere.
- Stunning, Highly-Detailed 3-D Fighting Environments inspired by locales around the world where players can challenge their opponents in unique types of arenas.
- Next Gen Presentation 720p HD resolution widescreen and Dolby Digital 5.1ch. Improved anti-aliasing for the general graphic presentation.
- Online Details give gamers the option to view replays of the top characters in Score Attack Mode and offer Marketplace sales items.