The Weekly World News, easily the world's best drunken supermarket impulse buy, is closing down.
Now all we've got in terms of reliable, hard hitting news is The Onion.
A sampling of the kinds of headlines you might find in "The Paper":
- "Town serves free booze anytime there's a rainbow!''
- "Granny, 78, Gets Boob Implants!''
- "Doomsday Dragons Heading for Earth!''
- "Dead organ donor wakes up after surgeons remove his eyes, a kidney and his left lung!''
- "Gal uses dead hubby's ashes for breast implants!''
- "Buy a raffle ticket & win a hooker!''
- "Painting of Elvis weeps real tears!''
SFScope.com: Weekly Worlds News Shutting Down