The good people at Activision know how to throw a press event. This year's E3 featured the comedy stylings of Jamie Kennedy and an appearance by skateboard champion Tony Hawk and rock god Slash!
Kennedy served as an MC for the event, keeping the crowd "entertained" with his unique comedy styling, and Hawk was on-hand to talk about the latest Tony Hawk game.
Slash, on the other hand, was talking Guitar Hero III.
Activision showed off the following games:
- The Bee Movie Game: Sure, it's a port of a movie, and that usually spells bad news, but this title promises here-to-fore unknown levels of movie-to-game visuals...kind of like playing the latest Pixar flick. Good kiddie game for the Wii, that will likely have parents prying the Wii-mote from their children's sweaty hands.
- An impressive looking Quake Wars turned heads.
- Spider-Man: Friend or Foe... finally a worthwhile game based on the web-slinger? Looks like it.
- Call of Duty 4: Modern Warfare. Immersive combat so scary it'll give ya flashbacks to 'Nam!
- Activision's final game of the day: Eagerly awaited music game Guitar Hero III! Introduced by Slash himself, a playable character in the title.