Microsoft doesn't do anything half-assed and it's big E3 press conference was no exception.
A lot of fanfare was accompanied by about a million-gazillion announcements that you're going to wet your pants over. Well, ok, maybe not wet your pants, but certainly get a tingling sensation.
Check out the highlights!
- Rock Band Demo. Bands will include The Strokes, Black Sabbath, The Who and more. Also, players will have the ability to build bands online.
- New mini-games featuring the Viva Pinata gang called Viva Pinata: Party Animals.
- Big Mass Effect demo and word the game will be out in November of this year.
- Microsoft stuck its tongue out at the competition a little bit when it announced they were outselling Sony "two-to-one" and that half of all consumer speding this generation has been on the 360.
- Unleashed a slew of video demos for games like Project Gotham Racing 4, Call of Duty 4, Guitar Hero 3, Stranglehold, Dynasty Wars: Gundam, Beautiful Katamari, Lost Odyssey, Mass Effect, Tiger Woods '08, Madden '08, Assassin's Creed, The Simpsons Game, Splinter Cell Conviction, Bio Shock, Tony Hawk's Proving Ground and Naruto: Rise of a Ninja.
- Speaking of Naruto, that title will be an Xbox exclusive!
- Microsoft is releasing an iteration of the "Scene It" game, featuring a brand new Xbox controller. The thing is as ugly as your Aunt, but when you buy the game, you get four controllers...all for the price of a regular Xbox game.
- Major announcement of new XBL Arcade games, including Bomberman Live!, Under Tow, Sonic The Hedgehog, War World, Geon, Wing Commander Arena, Sensible World of Soccer, Every Extend Extra Extreme, Feeding Frenzy 2, Track and Field, Spyglass Board Games, Space Giraffe, Tetris Splash and Golden Axe.
- Disney movies are now available from Marketplace...and in HD!
- Gears of War is coming to the PC! CliffyB was there to make the announcement. The game will feature new content (including 5 new single player levels), Co-Op mode and more big surprises.
- From Gears to Grand Theft Auto 4. Microsoft showed off some real-time footage and announced that episodic content will hit in Spring of '08.
- Resident Evil 5 won't be out this year, but a full trailer will be available on XBL Marketplace starting July 26.
- Ubisoft's babe-in-residency Jade Raymond was there to demo Assassin's Creed, which will be released in November of '07.
- Now, onto hardware. An Elite edition of the 360 will hit Europe on August 24th.
- Peter Moore showed a live-action trailer from Bungie, Weta and director Neil Blomkamp.
- And finally, for all of you members of the Halo Nation, Microsoft is releasing a special Halo 3 edition of the Xbox 360! It's going to be green with a grey controller, plus other special accessories. Then, just to make you really freak out, they ended the press conference by showing the new Halo 3 trailer.