Probably the most anticipated game of the year, Grand Theft Auto IV is making news all the time, four months away from its release. Today comes word that there are new details about the layout and playability of Liberty City, and some new screenshots to boot.
Check the details:
- The cell you saw in the trailer appears to be a big part of the game. Instead of buying weapons at Ammu-Nation you can call "Little Jakob", a caribbean weapon dealer, who will provide you with guns.
- There is a menswear store called "Perseus"
- The "Tw@ Café" internet Café from GTA III is back. You can surf the Internet from every computer in the game.
- You will be able to use taxis to get around. You can watch the drive from the ego-perspective or you can skip the whole thing by pressing the proper button.
- Every crime committed increases the wanted level. As soon as you reach a certain level a search area appears on the radar. If you escape from such an area without being spotted by pedestrians/cops, the wanted level falls back. If you are spotted by a witness, the area changes to the place where you were last spotted.
As if that weren't enough, there are screenshots to be had, as well.
Destructoid.com: New GTA IV details and scans