The existence of the new, improved, black Xbox wasn't exactly the best-kept secret in the world, but now it's 100% official.
Microsoft dropped the word on the Elite last night, as well as spilling all the details on the specs and features of the Xbox 2.5.
Here are the salient points:
- It's black.
- Includes a 120GB hard drive
- Includes high-definition multimedia interface (HDMI) port
- Comes with a wireless controller and Xbox LIVE headset, also black.
- 120GB hard drive also will be sold as a stand-alone accessory
- Release date: April 29th
- Price: $479.99
- For stand-alone HD: $179.99
"Today's games and entertainment enthusiast has an insatiable appetite for digital high-definition content," said Peter Moore, corporate vice president for the Interactive Entertainment Business at Microsoft. "Xbox 360 Elite's larger hard drive and premium accessories will allow our community to enjoy all that the next generation of entertainment has to offer."
Wow! A black case, HDMI and a high price tag? Sounds like Xbox is copying someone...I wonder who. Flamebait aside: Are you getting one?