Disney has dropped some of the details on their upcoming massive multi-player online game based on Pirates of the Caribbean.
Here's what the company revealed:
- A "Free" mode, featuring ad supported content.
- Regular mode will be $9.95 a month.
- A more user- and family-friendly style of play
- Non "cutting-edge" graphics with a cartoony feel so more computer systems will be able to run it.
- Activities include sword fighting, card playing in taverns, ship battles.
Interesting plans. From the limited amount of information available, seems like a combination of an MMO and more casual gaming. But will playing pirate in an ad-infested window be worth the price of free? We'll see.
GameSpot: Disney reveals Pirates online plans