This is good news. Ubisoft announced today that the latest Prince of Persia game is coming out on the Wii. Prince of Persia Rival Swords hits Wiis in March 2007.
According to the press release, here's the skinny on the game:
"Players will be able to clash swords with enemies, execute speed kills and perform the Prince's well-known acrobatic moves such as running on walls. Prince of Persia Rival Swords creates an epic experience by combining two playable characters in a masterly balanced gameplay, with the perfect mix of combat, platforming, puzzles and a compelling storyline."
The thought of good sword-fighting mechanics in a Wii game (Sorry, Red Steel) is making me smile a deep, satisfied smile of anticipation and longing. Seriously, you should see my face.
More details and screenshots to drool over live after the jump. Click click click!
• Play and master two distinct characters: Wield the powers and weapons of two master warriors with different combat styles, attitudes and histories.
• Choose your way to kill: Master the expanded Free-Form Fighting system to destroy enemies in your own style, strangle enemies from afar with the deadly Daggertail or use a new stealth art to inflict surprise decapitations – the choice is yours.
• Battle freely through Babylon: Dominate enemies on the perilous rooftops, dodge through chaotic streets and ambush pursuers in dark underground passageways.
• Immerse yourself in a dramatic story: Experience unparalleled depth in storytelling as you fight your way through a twisting tale filled with adrenaline, tension and discovery.
• Manipulate time to surprise enemies: Execute powerful attacks against entire armies by slowing down or rewinding time, or surprise them by using some all-new Sands of Time powers.
• Experience a masterful blend of gameplay: True to the Prince of Persia franchise, the game provides a variety of action combat, agility and story-driven puzzles – all masterfully blended into a rich gaming experience.