Game developer Bungie promised groundbreaking announcements for the fifth anniversary of Halo. We'll let you decide for yourself if your tiny mind is shattered by the following news:
- Members of the online Halo community are now refered to as "Halo Nation."
- A commercial for Halo 3 is coming to televisions the world over. On Monday Night football this week. The commercial was created by Hollywood effects house Digitial Domain and will be CG footage as opposed to gameplay footage. Still, I'm pretty sure it'll knock your shoes on their ass.
- Directly following the commercial, look for a new "making-of" video on XBox Live.
- New multi-player maps for Halo 2 will be available in Spring. The maps will "cost something."
- A new Halo 3 screenshot. It's right there, above this post!
Drumroll for the final, huge announcement:
- Public Beta for Halo 3 will begin next Spring! You'll be able to play multiplayer Halo 3 before the game is released. Neat, huh?
Bungie.net: Happy Halo Day