The internets are full of experts who know everything about everything (take a look at all the wonderful programming suggestions on our message boards if you don't believe it), and now videogame pundits with important opinions on the PlayStation 3 will have a chance to put their money where their collective mouths are.
Gambling site Bodog.com is taking bets on the PlayStation 3. So if you're a gaming know-it-all, pony up the dough and make a killing on these propositions:
- Will Sony reduce the $499/$599 price tags on Playstation 3 (PS3) before the expected United States launch date of November 17th, 2006?
- Will the Food & Drug Administration (FDA) approve Sony's Playstation 3 for release by November 17th, 2006?
- Which Sony Playstation 3 game will sell the most copies on the expected United States launch date of November 17th, 2006:
- Madden NFL 07 1/1
- Need for Speed Carbon 9/2
- Resistance: Fall of Man 11/9
- The Elder Scrolls IV: Oblivion 9/2
- Ridge Racer 7 4/1
- Tom Clancy's Rainbow Six: Vegas 15/2
- NBA Live 07 11/1
- Tiger Woods PGA Tour 07 11/1
- Sonic the Hedgehog 15/1
- F.E.A.R. 19/1
Psssst... Hot tip: The smart money is on No, Yes, and Madden. Although, I'd hedge with a very small bet on Tiger Woods. See, I have this feeling that the price and scarcity of the console will result in a huge majority of rich people picking up the system. And rich people love golf.
(Please don't actually bet on anything I suggest. I am an idiot.)