Halo: Reach - Xbox 360

• Publisher: Microsoft
  • Genre:Shooter
  • Developer: Bungie
  • Release Date:Sep 14, 2010
  • # of Players:1 player, 16 online
  • ESRB:M - Mature (Blood,Violence)
  • Platforms:
Game Description:Halo: Reach, developed exclusively for Xbox 360 by acclaimed developer Bungie, is the blockbuster prequel to the best-selling Xbox franchise of all time. It represents the culmination of Bungie’s 10 years of experience crafting groundbreaking Halo games. In Halo: Reach, players experience the fateful moments that forged the Halo legend. It’s the story of Noble Team, a squad of heroic Spartan soldiers, and their final stand on planet Reach, humanity’s last line of defense between the terrifying Covenant and Earth. This darker story is echoed by grittier visuals amid a backdrop of massive, awe-inspiring environments. Characters, enemies and environments are rendered in amazing detail by an all-new engine designed to deliver epic-scale encounters against the cunning and ruthless Covenant.
G4TV Rating
5 / 5
  • Avg User Rating
    (277 Ratings)
    4.6 / 5
  • Rate This Game
X10 Report: Halo: Reach
Article_69943

X10 Report: Halo: Reach

By Andrew Pfister - Posted Feb 11, 2010

Nathan Fillion (Aka Buck) Could Return In Halo: Reach Next Year

What’s the status?

Fresh off of recent single-player reveals in American and European magazines, details about the “last” Halo game developed by Bungie are starting to trickle out. It was announced today that the multiplayer beta promised to purchasers of Halo 3: ODST is coming on May 3rd.

What we saw:

Bungie’s Brian Jarrard and Marcus Lehto were on hand to run us through a list of feature bullet points that were revealed in those magazine features. Namely:

• The game is set in the year 2552 on the planet Reach, which as we all know by now, is completely and utterly doomed. This is the story of the events leading up to the Covenant’s victory which then sets off the chain of events in Halos 1 through 3.
  • You’re a fresh addition to a squad of Spartan-IIIs called Noble Team. If you’re not familiar with the Halo fiction, the Spartan-III is smaller and less adept than the Spartan-II (i.e. Master Chief), but that makes them easier and cheaper to train and “produce.”
  • As we find out, it also makes them more expendable. You’re replacing a team member that was recently killed, and you join 5 existing members, each of which has a combat specialty like sniper or heavy weapons.
  • Bungie is reintroducing the Covenant as a more mysterious and dangerous foe than what we’ve seen with wisecracking grunts. The familiar enemy races have been redesigned from head to toe, with a particular spotlight on the “new” Elite.
  • Equipment power-ups that were introduced in Halo 3 are gone, replaced by interchangeable armor enhancements. They only showed us a sprint ability, but we’re going to see a few more in the beta – they seem to be well aware that balancing these enhancements is a top priority.

In a strange case of “something old, something new,” Bungie has completely trashed or otherwise reworked their technological foundation, but everything they’re saying about their design approach indicates that they’re going back to what made the first Combat Evolved so special: wide-open areas for combat with flexible A.I. and a simple, yet deeply balanced weapon and gear system.

No Downloadable Content For Halo 3: ODST, Studio Focused On Halo: Reach

Unfortunately, they didn’t really show that off to us today, preferring instead to show us an internal documentary video (“vidoc,” as they call them) and then a quick flythrough of a map in the newly-Alpha build that will be included in this spring’s beta called “Power House.”  It was a small/medium-sized map set in a rocky hillside with dilapidated structures that apparently is best suited for arena-type skirmishes. There was nobody to skirmish against when Jarrard went into the actual HUD and first-person play, so he demonstrated the also-revamped sound system (those guns sound LOUD now), grenade explosions, and some pretty sparks generated by bullets hitting concrete.

Even if they didn’t show much in the way of exciting gameplay, the words they’re using to describe this first/last Halo adventure are what I want to hear. My excitement can be best summed up by a quote from composer Marty O’Donnell in the vidoc: “This is the definitive Halo made by the people who created Halo.”

• ode2theoddible

Comedy video about how an argument about halo can go terribly wrong

http://www.youtube.com/watch ?v=t5SJVTauKRo

Posted: September 24, 2010 12:36 AM
    ode2theoddible
  • leon0202

CAN U FEEL IT. CAN U DIG IT. if not u are not a xbox360 fan of halo

Posted: April 23, 2010 11:27 AM
    leon0202
  • leon0202

your telling me, i was born 4 halo. it iz my life no game can take it place.
    so tell all your buddys that halo kicks @$$.im out

Posted: April 23, 2010 11:10 AM
    leon0202
  • death from above123

my teacher told me that he was excited about halo reach and he unwittingly told us he was a video game nerd!!!!! ha ha ha hahahahahahahahahhahahahahahha hahah.now people pester him all the time and there's rumors he plays halo all the time on his free time

Posted: March 25, 2010 5:52 PM
    death+from+above123
  • Drkrhinoc

OMG OMG OMG I ABOUT Messed my pants at the thought of only the Greatest Game of the series still to come i cant w8 to jet pack around with a Sniper or gravity hammer and completely dominating people. the gritty look gets an A+ halo you out did your self and like a pheonix from the ashes your gave a new birth an meaning of epic ness to your Already awesome franchise. this game deserves a Gold medal super platinum hit i was sold the moment i saw the trailer. you have me drooling bungie this w8 feels as if a life time has passed. quit teasing me and let me Dominate the Fall of Reach.

Posted: March 16, 2010 12:15 AM
    Drkrhinoc
  • mastorofpuppetz

LMAO< they just added sprint, and people act like bungie are gods, kinda proves my point, dont knoe any better.

Posted: March 12, 2010 11:37 AM
    mastorofpuppetz
  • mastorofpuppetz

xbox gamers think halo is good because they dont know any better, at the time There were barely any FPS on Console, they were all on PC. Halo is just another shooter, most overrated series ever along with Call of Duty.
    halo ws the first decent FPs on console, for many, it was the first good console shooter they players, there are MANY betetr games around then halo.

Sales do not equal quailty, the wii, halo all prove this.

Posted: March 12, 2010 11:35 AM
    mastorofpuppetz
  • Palefaced1

And while a lot of people bought MW2, don't get it twisted. Just think if Halo Reach and MW2 released on the same day? Which would sell better? Something to think about for sure. I would've bought Halo.

Posted: March 9, 2010 7:25 PM
    Palefaced1
  • Palefaced1

Dude. Seriously. This game is going to rock like no other Halo title b4 it. It pays a tribute to the quality of the original, while bringing many new things to the table. That new grenade launcher looks pretty sweet too. And the running. YES RUNNING. Wonder if they will bring back the brutes? I think they made the game to easy. The elites would put a lot of strategy and skill into your demise, while the brutes would just rush you and act like a ammo sponge. I have been an avid XBOX fan since the release of the original, and I am glad to own one when quality titles like this are exclusives. Thanks Bungie

ps I love the spin offs, but don't ever think that we all don't want to play as the Chief again. Don't ever let 117 die. XBOX 720, Halo 4, FTW

Posted: March 9, 2010 7:20 PM
    Palefaced1
  • Janny

cool y want halo reach es un gran juego

Posted: March 8, 2010 6:08 AM
    Janny
  • omgCHRISTOPHER!!

The A.R. looks ugly, but that's ok because it's an ugly weapon. Taking out the BR may just make me not want to play this game. Even with the BMR or whatever they're calling it. I love the BR so dearly. I may play it just because I'm tired of boosters and laggers on H3. If you wanna custom with me I'm on all the time. itz komplikated. I'm excited for reach, because I'm nerdy enough to have read the novels and Fall of Reach was my second favorite behind Ghosts of Onyx. If you think you love Halo enough you should pick them up. Trash novels but they're great reads, but despite my excitement this game is looking like they're falling in line with this modern warfare garbage. >.< This saddens me greatly because mw2 is trash. I love C.O.D. 4. But leave that to infinity whatever, bungie, and stick to what you do best. Letting people no-scope and 4 shot ^____^

Posted: March 4, 2010 10:48 PM
    omgCHRISTOPHER!!
  • bjcactus

Bungie is raising their status gain as one of the best developers.

Great news of "Reach"!
    I can't wait to see the gameplay footage, and jump in on the Beta with friends. Last time I tried HALO 3, I earned the cash prize from bringit.com! it was so hard to believe that there are people giving away money for players. i payed nothing because they give you some money to start!
    I <3 Halo

Posted: March 4, 2010 11:51 AM
    bjcactus
  • Fantasy Heart63

(^_^)

Posted: March 1, 2010 6:31 PM
    Fantasy+Heart63
  • Fantasy Heart63

(^_^)

Posted: March 1, 2010 6:31 PM
    Fantasy+Heart63
  • Beau Fury

Really??? Did anyone play Halo: ODST? I personally was upset due to the fact you played the whole game to be left with a cliff hanger at the end... Now I read that this Halo Reach game is the last Halo Game!!! What!!! What about Halo 3? They left on for a Halo 4 with not killing the Master Chief! Seriously the day they stop making Halo games is the day they stop selling! They will keep coming out with Halo games as long as you and I will buy them. It doesn't mean they will necessarily be good games or better than previous games but they will be bought, rented and played!

Posted: March 1, 2010 7:37 AM
    Beau+Fury
  • jumpsol

Gona be a badass game

Posted: February 27, 2010 5:38 PM
    jumpsol
  • ThEuKnOuN2721

i get to play the beta!!!!!!!

Posted: February 26, 2010 7:18 PM
    ThEuKnOuN2721
  • Joshkbai

Halo 3 was a fantastic game, but it's gotten a little stale lately. Halo ODST was good, but not enough to satisfy the "sequal wanting" feeling that builds up inside every halo fan. If everything about Reach goes according to this video, I don't think we'll be disappointed.

Posted: February 25, 2010 3:49 PM
    Joshkbai
  • aolujumu

Men i keep loosing when i play halo
    because guys online are just too freaking good

Posted: February 25, 2010 12:48 PM
    aolujumu
  • duncaj

"UNO_Sebastian," i know how you feel...lmao>
    Reach is a game changer: with C.O.D. Modern Warfare 2 being such a hit online, i sort of lost sum touch with Halo...I remember the good old days playin the first Halo for hours with a 2 liter of Mountin Dew by my side. The ODST was a good change in game style but i wouldnt play another halo simular to it. Im glad to see that Bungie has decided to change their programming, I'm a HUGE Fan of the Halo series and the Halo Reach looks like its going to REACH new grounds.

Posted: February 24, 2010 10:49 PM