Left 4 Dead 2 - Xbox 360

Game Description:In the follow-up to Valve's wildly popular zombie-slaying FPS, players assume the roles of four new characters, as they struggle to survive against unending hordes of the undead beneath the sunny skies of the American South. Dispose of the newly designed zombie types with the help of new melee weapons, including an ax, a chainsaw, a baseball bat, and even a frying pan. And thanks to the addition of even more modes, maps and items, players can expect to have their hands full when the zombie apocalypse rears its undead head once again.
G4TV Rating
4 / 5
  • Avg User Rating
    (147 Ratings)
    4.6 / 5
  • Rate This Game
Left 4 Dead 2 "The Passing" DLC Preview
Article_70004

Left 4 Dead 2 "The Passing" DLC Preview

By Andrew Pfister - Posted Feb 24, 2010

Left 4 Dead 2 The Passing

It’s not like we really need a back story to put zombie slaying into a proper context,  but when you create two separate but equally entertaining casts of characters, it’s only natural that you’d want their paths to cross at some point. And that’s the crux of “The Passing” DLC package for Left 4 Dead 2:  The original L4D crew of Bill, Zoey, Francis and Louis are meeting their L4D2 successors Coach, Rochelle, Nick and Ellis in a 3-act crossover mission.

I was able to play "The Passing" recently, though unfortunately I only got to witness the middle act, where the L4D squad was absent (Valve didn’t want to spoil the magic of the moment). This second act of three had me running through city streets, a zombie-infested building, and most interestingly, some sort of rundown water treatment facility. The climactic “Here Comes The Horde” moment happened as my crew and I were slogging slowly through the bottom of a murky tank structure, almost completely in the dark, fending off rushing zombies from all directions. A well-placed container of Boomer Bile was enough to give us a decent head start, but after that wore off, it was every man for himself trying to get to the ladder on the far end of the tank. Thrilling stuff.

I also got to play around with the new M60 machine gun, which absolutely shredded zombie flesh. I didn’t come across the new golf club melee weapon, but I’m sure its blunt power is to be feared as well. Both weapons will come in handy against the new Uncommon common infected, the Fallen Survivor. As you might surmise from the name, this guy has practically the same characteristics that you do, which means he’s a bit harder to bring down. But the bright side is that he’ll be carrying similar weapons and gear -- I was pleasantly surprised to find a badly-needed health pack near the corpse of the first Fallen that I felled.

I’m very eager to see the opening and closing acts of "The Passing" when it hits at the end of March, and then we’ll get the promised DLC for Left 4 Dead shortly after that (including a special comic featuring the L4D crew that leads up to the events in the DLC). See? All we needed was a little patience.

• PcgamerWithAClue

Why is this showing up as PC content when it directly took me to a 360 page?

Posted: March 22, 2010 6:21 AM
    PcgamerWithAClue
  • Behemoth7546

golf club i cant wait to scream take that andrew ryan to every infected and then i will get kicked from the game for yelling to much : (

Posted: March 20, 2010 4:18 PM
    Behemoth7546
  • B1ack_Blob

lol @ all the people complaing about paying for the dlc, thats why you get it for the pc. Plus its so much better on the pc anyway.

Posted: March 12, 2010 6:26 PM
    B1ack_Blob
  • deleted_1D94F9CC-4502-43B2-967D-FEEB46B17DE7

I love it

http://jathummaigu.wordpress .com/

Posted: March 5, 2010 8:59 PM
    deleted_1D94F9CC-4502-43B2-967D-FEEB46B17DE7
  • Bryan81696

When does this come out or when DID it come out?

Posted: March 5, 2010 3:54 PM
    Bryan81696
  • shiz37

Hmm, so is it still 4 player coop but the players/characters are intertwined, sort of "Come off the bench" type thing or... 8 player coop? 8 player coop = Millions of more zombie = Entertainment.

Posted: March 3, 2010 10:17 PM
    shiz37
  • exedra0711

if more people realy want to know go to youtube they already hav a walkthrough of part 2 of the campaign (because part 2 is the only chapter that doesnt have the l4d characters)

Posted: March 3, 2010 6:54 PM
    exedra0711
  • DAC93

Zoey: "Heay Francis, the new L4D DLC is here!"
    Francis: "Bah, I hate DLC."

Posted: March 1, 2010 3:24 PM
    DAC93
  • Buzzob

finally i dont have to choose between zombie killing with friends or zombie killing with a story

Posted: February 28, 2010 2:06 PM
    Buzzob
  • Lil Lotte

I'm probably gonna pass on this after the pure garbage "Crash Course" was, especially since it's only 3 chapters.
    A side note to those who think it should be free: Was it free to make? NO. Why should it be free to you? Everything in life can't be free, heaven forbid you have to pay for something that is OPTIONAL!

Posted: February 28, 2010 3:00 AM
    Lil+Lotte
  • Engage183

whos with me that the first l4d has a better survivor cast???

coach: "peelz here..."

louis: "PEELZ!!!!"
    *louis beats the hell outta coach*

Louis: "PEELZ HERE!!!"

Posted: February 26, 2010 3:25 PM
    Engage183
  • balss248

8 player survival? insted of 4 infected change them to friendlys?

Posted: February 26, 2010 6:42 AM
    balss248
  • JiroGamer

This could be just the spark I was hoping for, I really liked L4D2, but for me, something felt like it was... missing. My friends and I survived horror after horror in L4D time and again repeatedly, but the second one for some reason lost pace quick. We played it a lot, then dropped it out of no where, and we can't explain why... but Bill was my guy, he was my absolute favorite, and I can only hope that this new content with the original cast can really bring back some more L4D2 awesomeness. Maybe the sounds of Francis' constant complaining, Bill telling outlandish stories of complete nonsense, and Zoey, the tough gal and Louis who... freaked out a lot... maybe all this could speak louder than what L4D2 originally did for me. Understand when I say this, I really DID like the sequel, but I just can't explain what fell through. Let's hope for some new DLC awesomeness!

Posted: February 26, 2010 6:38 AM
    JiroGamer
  • pacoelharagan

I cant wait to play..meanwhile...lets kill more zombies

Posted: February 25, 2010 11:32 PM
    pacoelharagan
  • MasterFast

I know it's been said, but I really hope this is free for the PC.

Posted: February 25, 2010 9:22 PM
    MasterFast
  • iguy93

no tiger woods jokes yet.... i am impressed

Posted: February 25, 2010 7:38 PM
    iguy93
  • venom546

i am looking forward to this but is this a add on and if so please microsoft make it free and not cost any microsoft points because microsoft points are freaking exspensive and do this for the xbox 360

Posted: February 25, 2010 7:27 PM
  • greeknerd

The prediction of the first thing each character says when they meet:

(L4D1 crew walks into a bathroom and finds L4D2 crew)

Francis: (points) SURVIVORS HERE!!!!!!!!
    Louis: You guys scared me for a second, I thought you were infected!
    Coach: Excuse me!? We scared you?! I nearly put two barrels in your face!
    Ellis: This reminds me of that one time I was with my buddy Keith and we went into a bar and the bar tender thought we were under age and the bar tender was getting furious that we refused to leave and we tried to show him our I.D.s but we didn't have them because Keith's brother stole them for a school project and-
    Bill: Son, stop talking nonsense before I shut you up permanently.
    (Nick walks over to Zoey)
    Nick: It sucks being here, having to deal with these people. They can be nice but they can also be very annoying. My name is Nick and I'm a doctor. If you ever get hurt, just come to me and I'll fix you right up. I can-
    Zoey: Not even in your wildest fantasies.
    (the seven hear zombies coming and they decide it's in the groups best interest to leave the bathroom. Rochelle is in stall 2)
    Rochelle: Wait! Where are you all going? I'm not finished yet! You can't just forget about me! Why does every one hate me?

Posted: February 25, 2010 7:25 PM