Left 4 Dead 2 - Xbox 360

Game Description:In the follow-up to Valve's wildly popular zombie-slaying FPS, players assume the roles of four new characters, as they struggle to survive against unending hordes of the undead beneath the sunny skies of the American South. Dispose of the newly designed zombie types with the help of new melee weapons, including an ax, a chainsaw, a baseball bat, and even a frying pan. And thanks to the addition of even more modes, maps and items, players can expect to have their hands full when the zombie apocalypse rears its undead head once again.
G4TV Rating
4 / 5
  • Avg User Rating
    (147 Ratings)
    4.6 / 5
  • Rate This Game
Left 4 Dead 2 Interview Blowout
Article_68871

Left 4 Dead 2 Interview Blowout

By Brian Leahy - Posted Oct 28, 2009

Valve's Left 4 Dead redefined co-operative gameplay when it released last year and the sequel is set to re-re-define (is that possible?) the genre. X-Play's editorial manager and resident zombie-killing expert Abbie Heppe visited Valve Software to bring you interviews and exclusive gameplay footage of Left 4 Dead 2.

First up, Abbie speaks with Chet Faliszek, writer for Left 4 Dead 2, about the game's newly revealed "Realism Mode" and what it brings to the table. Practice your aim... headshots are very important in this mode.

For an extended look at Realism Mode, Abbie was kind enough to narrate some gameplay footage of her and the Valve team playing through "Hard Rain". There is a corn field and a lot of witches. It's a must-see video.

Next, Abbie previews the Scavenge Mode and Survival Mode with Valve programmer Kerry Davis. They talk about what the sequel will bring to Survival Mode as well as what to expect from the all-new Scavenge Mode, which tasks a team of players with collecting precious fuel while fighting off the zombie horde.

Finally, Abbie talks with Left 4 Dead 2's Level Designer Dario Casali to talk about the evolution of level design in the zombie shooter sequel. You'll find out how the sequel's levels will differ from what you may be used to from the original game.

Stay tuned for more great gameplay footage and more on Valve's Left 4 Dead 2!

• Zos

5 new maps... 800 Microsft points for each map. 4000 microsft points in total.. taht would be 50$ ill gladly pay the extra 10$ for all the new stuff they put in. im NOT sorry that you are an ignorant little kid that wants attention. have fun NOT playing left 4 dead 2. go back to your blog you pathetic, whinny little brat that just wants everyone to see that "i can talk about video games!" even though you have no idea what you are talking about. ill let you ecpress your opinion and ill respect it.. but ill be damed if i have to listen to you post 3 comments on something that you have no idea about. seriously kid.. gtfo

Posted: November 7, 2009 6:41 PM
    Zos
  • L4D_NC

This game looks WAY better than the first. I cant wait to get it.

Posted: November 4, 2009 12:55 PM
    L4D_NC
  • ZoMbIEx23x

The game looks fabtastic, can't wait to get into realism, and uh, abbie is prestty freakin cute. I think she gives morgan and olivia a run for their money :D

Posted: November 4, 2009 12:11 PM
    ZoMbIEx23x
  • gamingcornpop

will be 10mil times better than 1st left 4 dead

Posted: November 3, 2009 11:06 PM
    gamingcornpop
  • birdykilla

This Fall season should have been the greatest season ever but instead it's the season that has pissed me off the most.

Posted: November 3, 2009 1:58 PM
    birdykilla
  • birdykilla

I might be renting alot of games this Fall and to think that I thought just 3 months ago that this Fall season was going to top fall 2007 or fall 2008 for that matter. This might be the worse season to date damn you scuba steve "Modern Warfare 2" the only games that peak my interest this year are Dragon Age, Borderlands, Uncharted 2, Fallout 3: GOTY, and maybe Demon Soul's. I was looking forward to many more good games this fall. What happened many games just flat out sucked some got pushed back and alot of the games are just glorified expansions for $60 WTF! This is BS!

Posted: November 3, 2009 1:57 PM
    birdykilla
  • birdykilla

Valve should have just held off releasing the first game last year if they were just going to release another one for full price a year later. Yea people will have a blast playing L4D2 because just like the last L4D this game is awesome. It's the same game as last years game and it's not exclusive to microsoft it's on the PC too. So saying that this game is awesome and so much better than the first L4D is stupid, there the same game gameplay wise only a few melee weapons, a few new boss zombies, new maps, and new characters. Let's see if they release another L4D next year before I even consider purchasing this game, maybe they like what the sports genre have done with all the money they make and decided to jump on the bandwagon. Yet they don't realize is that the sports genre is crap cause everybody knows that they rarely every get any major improvements to gameplay just new roster update, just like this game a character, map update this is BS.

Posted: November 3, 2009 1:47 PM
    birdykilla
  • gl3bm

cant wait for 11/10 and 11/17 obvious reasons MW2 L4D2 AC2

Posted: November 2, 2009 9:14 PM
    gl3bm
  • Mancer1516

My current plan is to buy L4D2 on my own accord and somehow con my family members to buy me MW2 for Xmas, This plan must succeed for great justice and many hours of merry holiday zombie dismemberment!

Posted: November 2, 2009 4:01 PM
    Mancer1516
  • xFlamexOfxHellx

after watching the gameplay video I am gonna play this game.

Posted: November 1, 2009 12:09 PM
    xFlamexOfxHellx
  • VocVon

I want the De-fig unit to be twice as rare as the special ammo. I mean, it will save my butt on expert but it is gonig to be the most insanely anyoning thig on VS.

Posted: November 1, 2009 10:07 AM
    VocVon
  • crackingcody

microsoft exclusive baby!!!

Posted: October 31, 2009 10:38 AM
    crackingcody
  • brentc76

I can't wait for this one, played the demo last night had a blast!!!
    The only problem that I have with it is the same that I have with the first L4D when playing a single player game the AI of the other survivors seems to hurt more than help, for example teammates trying to heal me while a massive horde is biting at our heals! another which happened to me in the new demo was I was knocked to the ground and could not kill 2 zombies that were stomping me because they were in riot gear, so I'm waiting for help and when none came I turned around thinking that the other teammates were far back or were fighting off other zombies that were attacking them, but they were 2 feet back standing there watching and so I died. I also wish that in this one that teammates would at least carry pipebombs or molotavs, and could either use them or pass them off to me when needed (also with the defibrillator.) Now granted that all changes when playing online with others,
    but sometimes I like to play solo campaigns.

Posted: October 29, 2009 7:24 AM
    brentc76
  • Requiredghr18

man between this, mw2, and ac2, ill have no life from nov 10 till at least x-mas

Posted: October 29, 2009 12:51 AM
  • TheDrunkardHu

wow, thanks for all of the footage and detailed interviews! every time i get new info on this game, i'm that much MORE confident in my pre-order of it! this is going to be a blast!!

Posted: October 28, 2009 11:11 PM
    TheDrunkardHu
  • Metalstorm98

jockey pounces look strange... its gunna be interesting playing as them

Posted: October 28, 2009 6:00 PM
    Metalstorm98
  • Metalstorm98

i totally called the bile bomb!

Posted: October 28, 2009 5:42 PM
    Metalstorm98
  • crackingcody

only on 360 baby!!!(and pc but who cares about them)

Posted: October 28, 2009 4:44 PM
    crackingcody
  • makessense

its always awesome to see valve bring out a new game. its one of the few studios who consistently bring out absolutely amazing games

Posted: October 28, 2009 2:54 PM
    makessense
  • SSJ4Pedestrian

lol its funny how they made the spiter a chick. Spiters are quitters.

Posted: October 28, 2009 1:49 PM