Assassin's Creed II - Xbox 360

Game Description: Desmond returns to the Animus memory table and revisits the story of another assassin ancestor, Ezio. Assassin's Creed II takes place in Venice, Italy during the time of the Italian Renaissance, and features gameplay involving Leonard Da Vinci's inventions, boats in the city's famed canals, and more elaborate assassinations.
G4TV Rating
4 / 5
  • Avg User Rating
    (152 Ratings)
    4.6 / 5
  • Rate This Game
Assassin's Creed II Interview Blowout
Article_68832

Assassin's Creed II Interview Blowout

By Brian Leahy - Posted Oct 26, 2009

Morgan Webb recently traveled to Italy to get her hands-on with Assassin's Creed II and interview the makers of Ubisoft's new game.

First, Morgan talks with Patrice Desilets, the game's creative director, about the character of Ezio, the challenges in recreating real world cities like Florence and Venice, and how the team wants different players to experience Assassin's Creed II in their own way. Patrice also drops hints about some of the secrets that Ubisoft has included in the game.

If you haven't been following the development of Assassin's Creed II thus far, Morgan sums the sequel up nicely in her preview:

"While the first game took place during the time of the Crusades, this time it’s the Renaissance, and while there’s still no penicillin, life has certainly improved. Ezio is the son of a rich nobleman, and most of his attention is wasted on the exploits of young men with too much money and too little responsibility: booze, boobs and brawls. Everything changes one day when his family is double crossed, and he dons the assassin’s hood to get his revenge. While Altair from the first Assassin's Creed always seemed a bit of a cipher, Ezio feels like a living breathing human you relate to immediately. He doesn’t start out as an assassin, he becomes one because of the hand that life has dealt him, and you are happy to follow him on this 30-year journey."

Next, Morgan speaks with Benoit Lambert, the game's director, about the new combat engine, enemy types, cities, and even about how the game's story, though it takes license in inserting Ezio into events, follows historical fact.

Finally, Morgan spoke with Corey May, the writer of Assassin's Creed II. Corey is careful to avoid spoilers, but drops some details about the plot and progression of the game. The Animus of the first game is back and players will once again journey into the life of an ancestor, Ezio in this case, through Desmond Miles. Desmond might also get to do more than just walk around in ACII, but Corey is being extremely tight-lipped about those details.

Stay tuned as we rollout more interviews with Morgan Webb and the development team of Assassin's Creed II shortly.

• codypluck11994

this game is going to rock had it reserved right after e3 09

Posted: November 10, 2009 1:25 PM
    codypluck11994
  • Madbagofhorses

Stop packaging the same videos in shiny new packages... These are videos you released a few days ago - no need to slap them into a 'Blowout!' package.

Posted: November 9, 2009 9:21 AM
    Madbagofhorses
  • FaroDemon

If they don't let us know how many hours of game play there is before Modern Warfare 2 comes out I'm just going to buy Modern Warfare 2, because I don't have a lot of money and I don't want to waste 60 dollars on something I will play for 10 hours.

Posted: November 8, 2009 11:09 AM
    FaroDemon
  • Boomk1ng

Desmond was bound to escape, if you didn't see that coming then you must have slept through the end of the first game. When the ( SPOILER ALERT, forgive me as I also forget her name,) female assassin in the lab revealed herself then ran off, she all but left the door unlocked!
    Also, it seems to me like AC3 will be a French/English setting, Just by the patterns I see, to fit into that ( incoming rant ), it would be nice to meet Ben Franklin in a good game, I say we'd meet him because, and also, for those of you who don't know, Ben Franklin spent a good deal of time in France. He mostly dealt with politicians I believe, and the whole, inventor of a million things, but I heard somewhere he had a love there.
    Regardless, Ben is known as one of the major "Freemasons" of his time, I know absolutely nothing about this group of people, so not trying to offend anyone here. From what I hear though, Freemasons were a bit of a secret society, they saw quite a lot of finger pointing in the National Treasure Films with Nicholas Cage, for a lot of rather interesting things I might add. I'm curious to see whether or not they come into the AC series, you have to admit, the AC symbol looks a little like the Freemason one.
    Alright, I do believe I'm done with that, I have one question that's rather been bugging me greatly though, and that is. Did they take out that whole pesky flag collecting thing? It's the only line of achievements stopping me from having a perfect score in AC1...
    As far as the look and feel I've seen of AC2, absolutely brilliant is all I can say! Finally, two blades! Also, ledge drop assassinations! That's all I've got to say, peace out and enjoy your games~

Posted: November 3, 2009 1:03 PM
    Boomk1ng

Cubey454
    In hearing all the changes and tweeks made in this game, I say well done.
    The first AC was in my humble opinion excellent. I knew that the improvements would come in time. The symbols on the wall at the end of the first game had me wondering where was this epic going. Looking very forward to experiencing this game. Thanks to the staff for their great effort to entertain us as gamers.

Posted: November 1, 2009 10:44 PM
    Cubey454
  • TheDrunkardHu

awesome stuff, nov. 17 will be a happy day for me^^

Posted: November 1, 2009 6:45 PM
    TheDrunkardHu
  • xFlamexOfxHellx

Posted: November 1, 2009 12:17 PM
    xFlamexOfxHellx
  • Aurailious

They need to stop calling these blowouts. It has connotations.

Posted: November 1, 2009 4:55 AM
    Aurailious
  • bird446

i can't wait for assassin's creed 76 its gonna be awesome lol

Posted: October 31, 2009 8:45 PM
    bird446
  • Korrupt

So Desmond escapes, nice spoiler guys.

Posted: October 31, 2009 7:13 PM
    Korrupt
  • sealab10

Is it really that good? I've seen my friend paly the first one and i liked it but i've never played it. I'm thinkin bout gettin it.

Posted: October 31, 2009 1:02 PM
    sealab10
  • sealab10

Posted: October 31, 2009 1:01 PM
    sealab10
  • hoppingpulse

Thanks Morgan for the awesome work, love all the detail they are going into to try and make it historically accurate. The weapon kills look amazing also.

Posted: October 27, 2009 8:49 PM
    hoppingpulse
  • TuRbOyS_1

I just saw the assassin's creed serie first episode on youtube and it is awesome and the game looks FANTASTIC.

Posted: October 27, 2009 7:53 PM
    TuRbOyS_1
  • Snake_Peacher

i dont get it theres two release dates? nov 17 y 20?

Posted: October 27, 2009 11:04 AM
    Snake_Peacher
  • WizKid79

This is going to be a amazing game. From the story and gameplay. I like the first one, YES it was repetitive but still fun. Nice interviews!

Posted: October 26, 2009 7:25 PM
    WizKid79
  • linc77

Morgan Webb+Patrice Desilets= future couple

Posted: October 26, 2009 6:01 PM
    linc77
  • SKine

i'm going to drop a duce in my pants any day now in anticipation of this game

Posted: October 26, 2009 5:06 PM
    SKine
  • CLUNGEHUNTERPJ

i bet anyone 50 bucks that the areas he didn't want to mention are in the vatican. Pope slaughter ftw!
    Please comment on these ideas:
    >AC3 NO NINJAS PLEASE! i'd like this franchise to keep a nice western feel to it and not sell itelf out to the fans and become a japanese game.
    >Good places to set AC3: 1700s america, with the war for indepedence etc, )throw in some pirates for good measure) or 1800s western europe (i'd like to assassinate jack the ripper/get tangled up with the three musketeers/prevent queen victoria from being assassinated/pwn in london, paris and maybe germany. Discuss

Posted: October 26, 2009 3:22 PM
    CLUNGEHUNTERPJ
  • HorTyS

in the description of the last interview they kept calling the writer of the game Casey, but his name is Corey may...they have his name right in the video itself, but the description calls him Casey 3 times, idiots!!

Posted: October 26, 2009 3:22 PM