APB: Reloaded - PC

APB: Reloaded
  • Publisher: Gamersfirst
  • Genre:Action, MMO
  • Developer: Reloaded Studios
  • Release Date:Dec 31, 2011
  • # of Players:1 player
  • ESRB:M - Mature (Blood, Drug Reference, Sexual Themes, Strong Language, Violence)
  • Platforms:
Game Description: APB: Reloaded is a massively multiplayer online third-person shooter game based in the modern-day fictional city of San Paro featuring two factions, Enforcers and Criminals. Players can join either faction, and then form their own customized team and group to join the constant battle across the urban landscape.
G4TV Rating
N/A
  • Avg User Rating
    (1 Rating)
    1 / 5
  • Rate This Game
APB: Reloaded Hands-On Impressions -- First Rule About Fight Club...
Article_76112

APB: Reloaded Hands-On Impressions -- First Rule About Fight Club...

By Stephen Johnson - Posted Nov 23, 2011

Like pro-baseball players, video games seek their own level. While APB launched in the "majors" with great hype as a boxed, subscription based MMO, that didn’t work out so well, so it was cut from the pros, but is seeing new life in AA farm status (i.e. Free-to-play). Far from a loser, APB: Reloaded aims for all-star status in its new league.

This is a new APB, hence the “Reloaded” moniker. The game was rescued from its original launch by GamersFirst, who are showing the game the attention it needed from the beginning. Right now, APB: Reloaded is in beta, but a proper launch is planned for December.

“All of the changes that we made are geared toward lowering the barrier to entry,” explained Darek Connole from Gamersfirst. The idea is to take out some of the harder-core RPG elements in favor of a more action-tastic approach. “We found that the direction we needed to go was to lean more toward the shooter side,” Connole added.

Gamersfirst is already re-tooling some of APB’s multiplayer modes, including adding a new mode called “Fight Club,” where two teams (Enforcers vs. Criminals) fight it out in a directed, team deathmatch style.  It’s close-quarters, tactical combat, either 5-on-5 or 10-on-10, geared toward the more casual gamer.  The idea is to create a more visceral experience in APB: Reloaded; less complications and more action.

There will be two maps in Fight Club; one is a shipyard, a more open map with cargo containers designed to encourage sprawling showdowns, and a  second map that is more of a closed up, vertical environment, specifically, a half-built skyscraper full of tight passages and whatnot where one team starts on the top floor and the other starts in the lobby and both work their way to the middle floors to battle–think Die Hard.

APB Reloaded

Fight Club is meant to be the most pick up and play mode yet for APB. “For someone who has a half hour to game, Fight Club is perfect,” Connole said. Fight Club is planned for release with the re-launch of the game before the new year.

Fight Club isn’t the only new addition coming to APB: Reloaded. Over the next six months, expect a lot of new content; Gamersfirst said only a quarter of the game they have planned will exist when APB launches.

After Fight Club, look out for the addition of new clan warfare modes, bank heists (which take APB’s current witnessing gameplay to new levels) and some new districts, including a new racing district.  Gamersfirst has improved APB’s vehicles enough to warrant an entire district full of Split/Second-style destructible tracks and other surprises—like APB meets Deathrace 2000, which sounds like a ton of fun.

While I didn’t get to play any of Reloaded’s new modes, I did check out the beta’s a bit, tooling around in a variety of souped-up cars in open world. I was impressed both by the handling of the vehicles and the feel of the game. Driving is obviously a huge part of APB, and the cars have been noticeably streamlined and improved with the goal of making behind-the-wheel sections on par with arcade games. The cars handle well, especially for an online game, with different families of vehicles performing the way you might expect—sports cars are zippy and responsive, where vans and other larger vehicles are sluggish but tough.

APB Reloaded

It might still be inherently rough around the edges, APB: Reloaded looks to wrong the rights of the first iteration in pretty much every way possible. Whether those efforts will be recognized in the form of a substantial online community remains to be seen, but if ever there was a time for curious types to jump into the open-world mayhem of APB, it might just be now.

• mdb851

Tons of hackers. After banning the hackers, the game developers struggled to make income, therefore, they allowed the hackers they had banned access to the game once more. The match making system will place brand new players against maxed out veterans in what can only be called a slaughterfest. The game has a player base that is horrible. They will rip you apart from the moment you step foot into the game. Also, if you are new, you will be kicked from mission groups as the veterans do not like to play with anything else but high level players. In closing, this game is headed right back into the trash can from where it was salvaged. Only upside to this game is the graphics and character customization. Other than that, save your time for something better.

Posted: April 14, 2012 9:46 PM
    mdb851
  • Dompg555

been looking to play this give me a thumbs up if its worth it!

Posted: December 16, 2011 2:24 PM
    Dompg555
  • dejn

This game is totally awesome, what else to say, the new mode is great and people will love it, I hope it will bring many people back, and I'm looking forward to seeing you in-game again, Drado

-dejn

Posted: November 30, 2011 10:56 PM
  • POLY92

This game is GODLIKE and why everyone talks it down is a mystery, there is so much to do! I never played it in RTW and I am kicking myself that I never knew about it. I haven't come across many hackers myself over the past few weeks so I think G1 and the Reloaded team are doing a good job, Now, what really ruins the games enviroment is the cheater paranoia and the elitists. The cheater paranoia is an issue because most of the time it's displayed in District chat which is publicly displayed and then every tom, dick and harry knows who has been hackusated thus when they get the accused as opposition it's not a very nice place to be, I know from expierience. The gold elitists will kick anyone who isn't gold or is doing bad. This is an on going issue, they don't give the new players a chance to have a go which is bad sportmenship in my books. Love this game and it has so much farging potential it's not funny.

~Polynesian

POLY92
  • POLY92

~Polynesian

Posted: November 30, 2011 7:20 PM
    POLY92
  • darkstalker1983

Dealt with hackers my ass what game have you been playing. i play it all the time and theres still a ton of hackers and aimbot users. i think its a great game and theres endless possibilities of things they can do and add to the game. but its the hackers that are killing it for the true gamers. if they can take care of the hackers and the aimbot users i think they can bring more ppl back to the game. im just hoping there not just going to use it as a money pit for players and have it just be screw the true gamers and let the hackers win. but ya its a great game if they can clean up and eliminate the hackers by there launch it can be one of the best free games there is out there.

Posted: November 30, 2011 6:45 PM
    darkstalker1983
  • pimpmyhoes

Just for you to know... Hackers have been dealt with, try playing a month or two back and id agree with you but I can pretty much say now its very low on hackers. I've been apb'ing since closed beta and the improvements are just keeping me playing everyday, I recommend you play this and pay for premium as it's going to a great team.

Posted: November 30, 2011 4:47 PM
  • Drado

You should give the game a try when it launches dec 7th. I've stopped playing it but if they manage to hold their promises about HWID bans etc, then they'll probably be able to make more people try the game and stop all this negatvety about it being a hacker game.

Posted: November 30, 2011 4:32 PM
    Drado
  • Cryptomaster420

both of you are absolutely right G1 lost my faith since knights but this games hackfest takes the cake reecomend Fallen earth for a F2P-MMO by G1

Posted: November 28, 2011 5:01 AM
  • FMSS21

Having played the Beta and seeing first hand all the hacking that went on, it pretty much ruined the game for me. Though if they do prove they can successfully guard against hacking I might get back into it again. They have a lot of good content and its fun if you aren't constantly being harassed by people. All in all, i'm not holding my breath. All online games have people who hack its just a matter of finding which has the least.

Posted: November 27, 2011 8:52 PM
    FMSS21
  • Strychnine

I really want to try this game and if it's good enough I'll give them MONEY for premium content. That being said, if it's going to change into an online wallhack/aimbot R@pefest, then count me out.

Posted: November 27, 2011 3:47 PM