E3 News

'Mortal Kombat vs. DC Universe' Mashup #1 Depicts Frozen Batman and Smashed-Up Raiden
Posted By: Jeffrey Kanjanapangka - Wednesday, October 29, 2008 11:53 AM

Sub-Zero gives Batman the chill while Superman plows Raiden through walls in this first Ultimate Mash-Up video for Midway's cross-over fighting game Mortal Kombat vs. DC Universe for the PS3 and Xbox 360.

Mortal Kombat vs. DC Universe makes its debut November 10th on the Xbox 360 and PS3.

Mortal Kombat vs. DC Universe Ultimate Mash-Up #1

Comment(s)

Posted by OmnicronLives - Thursday, November 13, 2008 7:18 PM
as long as it is better than Lair ill be happy

Posted by blackchidori527 - Wednesday, November 05, 2008 5:17 PM
hey greedy mc nasty this game is a epic success your an epic fail

Posted by bond220 - Monday, November 03, 2008 11:17 PM
cool

Posted by GreedyMcNasty - Thursday, October 30, 2008 9:22 AM
Yeah! Crimson tell em.
Yes sir the only people that are hyped up right now are the clown shoes over at midways boards and MKO. These hardcore fans are sticking up for the game till the grave. The only way I am getting this game is a copied version that I will play on a flashed xbox360. Yep free just can't play online with it. Suck it MIDWAY your not getting a dime from me suckers.

Posted by deleted_6B5CF98D-C085-4E71-8D96-C7B9D838A24B - Thursday, October 30, 2008 12:17 AM
G4 you can keep posting chit about this game but people are still gunna take a mango sized dump all over it. And now that they edited even more out, its like a movie version of Max Payne being rated PG-13. Oh wait.....well like that load of ass, I'll wait for the UNRATED version.
This one...can eat a dick.

Posted by blakseed - Wednesday, October 29, 2008 9:25 PM
Its mine, all mine.

Posted by trugamer83 - Wednesday, October 29, 2008 5:28 PM
ps. whats the deal with the eyes? are they being controlled...(sorry, i forgot its a MK game...kontrolled by someone? That kinda makes me interested in the storyline now.

Posted by BigBlastBoom - Wednesday, October 29, 2008 5:25 PM
this may seem stupid, but im gonna buy this game just to see if the story makes any sense, i have wasted more money on stupid crap before, but hey, im a risk taker
if it's even halfway decent, ill play it as much as Resistance 2 or LittleBigPlanet

Posted by trugamer83 - Wednesday, October 29, 2008 5:24 PM
I think the gamplay looks great, i just wish they used this gameplay in a regular MK game without the DC characters. Nowhere near as good as Marvel vs. Capcom, but i'll probly by it after its 40 bucks or lower.

Posted by GreedyMcNasty - Wednesday, October 29, 2008 4:35 PM
Midway should have just remained silent and not said a word about there game being toned down. The more I see on this game the more I hate it. It is hands down a child's game now. Children will bring this game to school for show and tell. Pro moves and gameplay will save this game my arse. You want balance and gameplay street fighter hd remix. You want blood and gore GEARS2. You want water in the form of a fighting game made for girls who like to eat poop MK vs DC is the game for you. MIDWAY=SELLOUT

Posted by champ_super_novas69 - Wednesday, October 29, 2008 4:32 PM
That was ok but why not a remake of a better armegeddon now that would be great dc can go fight marvel.X_X

Posted by sleekonia - Wednesday, October 29, 2008 3:59 PM
WACK!!!!i wouldnt get that game if it was at greatest hits price.

Posted by YourHeroJed - Wednesday, October 29, 2008 3:06 PM
I take back everything bad i've said about this title, but not due to this vid. Instead it is due to a post here in the Feed Blog that I missed way back when E.B. stated ahead of time that this title would suck. Read for yourself
http://www.g4tv.com/thefeed/ blog/post/687485/Mortal_Kombat _9_Will_Be_Mature.html

Posted by BroncosFan7 - Wednesday, October 29, 2008 2:41 PM
Can't wait to pour sub-zero a nice hot cup of green tea.

Posted by Smartguy81 - Wednesday, October 29, 2008 2:41 PM
@greedy
Don't forget there are no "losers" in the mini games or main game. There is no score...just wholesome fun!

This would be like playing Gears of War but w/o guns. Instead Marcus Fenix would run around playing freeze tag to Locusts. At the end they sit around drinking Sunny D and making mud pies.

Posted by BroncosFan7 - Wednesday, October 29, 2008 2:39 PM
hey midway, Where's my MK Tea Party game?

Posted by GreedyMcNasty - Wednesday, October 29, 2008 2:25 PM
This game is like Cliff B. making a game called (Gears of war vs Halo)All the boys and girls down at bungie would cry I don't want Master Beef to be cut in half or his head to pop like a cherry when sniped. Can't we just make them fall over or just make a sprits of pink colored sweat fly threw the air? The guns all get changed to paintball guns. MK is about blood guts and gore. MK_Hec your a liar. Boon your a sell out and a liar. I hope you get hit by a bus in the windy city.

Posted by Manifest37 - Wednesday, October 29, 2008 2:21 PM
This game HAD potential.
WTF is Batman doing with an English accent??

Posted by neonchez - Wednesday, October 29, 2008 2:18 PM
the MK series has been going down hill since MK3 but i never saw this coming.

MK has officially jumped the shark.

Posted by GreedyMcNasty - Wednesday, October 29, 2008 2:11 PM
In the words of a hardcore gamer. YOURE killing me. MKats would make so much money. Smartguy I think we should focus in on close combat and how to make it so very TEEN. Instead of pulling them in and punching or kicking them. We could have them dodge and sway as well as play patty cake ,high five,and hug....not the girls though we can't have 2 girls hug. That would be pushing the TEEN rating. Then there is the mini games, I think they should all be changed to Dance games. Yes dance in the air while falling dance threw walls but not HARDCORE dancing. Soft dance and the music score should be based on BALLET.

Posted by Smartguy81 - Wednesday, October 29, 2008 1:51 PM
@greedy
This game should focus on petting kittens. In fact it could be the HD competition to Nintendogs. MKats

Posted by GreedyMcNasty - Wednesday, October 29, 2008 1:43 PM
Oh snapple
Smartguy preach on brother. They better tone down the jiggle on the breasts of Kitana don't want my 16 year old son to see those things. Might give him a bad idea to get a girlfriend and have relations. If we could turn the blood to rainbows and stars that would be more teen.

Posted by Smartguy81 - Wednesday, October 29, 2008 1:25 PM
@cgore88
You missed the joke...lemme explain...

This MK game was toned down in the violence dept in order to receive the T rating. This is in fact contradictory of what makes MK relevant.

As much as it is your right to praise this game...it is your or whoever's right to bitch about it.

Posted by cgore88 - Wednesday, October 29, 2008 1:16 PM
youre idiots this is awesome...if you dont like it dont get on here and post about it

Posted by GreedyMcNasty - Wednesday, October 29, 2008 1:05 PM
Make that money MIDWAY! That's all you care about sell your fans down river and give it up like a street whore for DC. SELLOUT CLOWNSHOES!

Posted by GreedyMcNasty - Wednesday, October 29, 2008 1:03 PM
Bum you are killing me over here I just pooped my pants. Yes and the glowing eyes bright yellow are like a demon. I think that these people need to go to church and come up with a better game for kids. Not like on Nov 7th every 12-16 years old kid is not going to be playing GEARS 2. It's a sad day when people say No I would rather play a gory and bloody game, than that watered down MORTAL KOMBAT game with no blood and gore. WTF? The king of blood and gore is being put to the side for a real bloody game. MIDWAY=SELLOUT.

Posted by ThataUFO - Wednesday, October 29, 2008 12:56 PM
Who decided to throw these two things together? I just don't get it.

Posted by Up1nYa1fYaLetMe - Wednesday, October 29, 2008 12:55 PM
that shiznits tight . beeaatch

Posted by UndiscoveredBum - Wednesday, October 29, 2008 12:53 PM
That ice is just too....mature for me. Same for the lightning from raiden....and the walls. I mean pushing someone through walls? That is violent. Make this E for everyone.

Posted by GreedyMcNasty - Wednesday, October 29, 2008 12:48 PM