E3 News

'Mortal Kombat vs. DC Universe' Story Trailer Collides Worlds
Posted By: Jeffrey Kanjanapangka - Wednesday, October 29, 2008 10:26 AM

Midway unveils the first story trailer depicting details into the DC and MK worlds colliding in their crossover fighting game Mortal Kombat vs. DC Universe.  Suddenly things make sense, right? Feel free to voice your opinion in the comments section below after watching the video.

Mortal Kombat vs. DC Universe collides onto the PS3 and Xbox 360 November 10th.

Mortal Kombat vs. DC Universe Story Intro

Comment(s)

Posted by adonaisaves - Friday, October 31, 2008 8:36 AM
You guys are idiots in your exaggerated view of the phrase 'toned down'. I'm glad to see the MK series maturing by taking itself a tad more seriously and not being so over-the-top. When I was a teenager, over-the-top fatalities were the gimmick that made this game the choice to play. Now, it's all gameplay and immersion. This is a HUGE compliment to gamers. Plus, this is as much a DC game as an MK game, and I'm they want it available to a wider audience whom see Superman and Batman as heroes. So they change a fatality and turn the blood-o-meter down to slightly more-realistic amounts... I don't think it brings an end to the world, let alone the MK series.

Plus, factor in that the initial ranters here are probably under 18... now you'll actually have the option to buy/rent it!

Posted by blakseed - Thursday, October 30, 2008 2:04 AM
I'm there with you Al. MK is near and dear to my heart, toned done or not. I enjoyed the animated series, lol I owned MK for the Super NES, so this is nothing.

Posted by neonchez - Wednesday, October 29, 2008 2:35 PM
@Al_Coholic

i understand where you are coming from, i grew up playing MK games myself. however, that doesn't mean the series is still worth playing. the MK series should have ended after MK3. the series started going south once they started adding weapons, a side scrolling story mode, a currency system, crappy spin-off games etc.

with MK vs DC the series has officially jumped the shark.

Posted by cgore88 - Wednesday, October 29, 2008 2:05 PM
yeah i cant wait eat a giant pecker if you dont like it

Posted by moose_ - Wednesday, October 29, 2008 2:03 PM
^You forgot LittleBigPlanet. That game jams.

Posted by GreedyMcNasty - Wednesday, October 29, 2008 1:51 PM
No the funny I am talking about is sticking up for a game that you love. Hey Al there are some other games out there you would really like that fit right in with the toned down MK. 1. there is high school musical 2. barbies play house 3. hello kitty island...your going to love that one! 4. Street Meat 3000 the un-hardcore version. There is the list go collect them all and have a big bowl of mushroom soup while your at it.

Posted by moose_ - Wednesday, October 29, 2008 12:42 PM
@UndiscoveredBum
I am looking forward to everything MK vs DC has to offer, and if looking forward to this game makes me an awful person then so be it.

@GreedyMcNasty
You said it yourself. "The build we played at comic con was so incomplete." I am sticking up for a franchise that I grew up playing. Now that's all I have to say about that?
^Was that the kind of funny your talking about? :p

Posted by GreedyMcNasty - Wednesday, October 29, 2008 12:34 PM
That's where you are wrong AL to say none of us have played implies that none of us went to E3 or comic con. Your dead wrong I have played the game and it plays solid but very toned done from the blood bath that you know and love. The build we played at comic con was so incomplete. However things change gameplay changes and we get a barbie slapping contest. So did you play it Al? You sticking up for a game you have never played is funny. Not ha ha funny, the other kind.

Posted by UndiscoveredBum - Wednesday, October 29, 2008 12:11 PM
@Al-Coholic are you more looking forward to the toned down fatalities or the absence of violence and gore? I myself am looking forward to the puzzle games i heard were in it....this game looks awful and you're an awful person for standing up for it!!

Posted by moose_ - Wednesday, October 29, 2008 11:37 AM
I admit the game getting a T rating is a little disappointing, but it doesn't mean the game is gonna blow dogs for quarters. MK vs DC will be a good game. Some of you just need to chill out. Telling a game to get aids and die or saying gamers should feel ashamed for playing is ridiculous especially since none of you have even played it yet. Its remarks like those that made this game T-rated. Midway reads comments like that and think that hardcore audience is just a bunch of children. Seriously, grow up.

Posted by YourHeroJed - Wednesday, October 29, 2008 11:26 AM
I was all for this game until recent events. This is a slap in the face to all the fans and the MK name. I remember playing the first one and all the issues they had because of the gore.
I remember certain developers of the game saying to go play street fighter if you don't want blood. Now they bend to the dollar and all the political correctness. So this game is gonna be greatness impaired.

Posted by moose_ - Wednesday, October 29, 2008 11:21 AM
Wow, quit crying about a game your never gonna play. Some of us are actually looking forward to this game.

Posted by GreedyMcNasty - Wednesday, October 29, 2008 11:20 AM
Ed Boon and company have done it again. Grab a box put a cool picture on the front of it, bent over and filled it to the brim with hot steamy love for all of you HARDCORE fans. lol At this point in time you should feel ashamed to play this game. This game is like your mother walking in on you having alone time!

Posted by GreedyMcNasty - Wednesday, October 29, 2008 11:15 AM
No blob they are making fun of the game now that it is a watered down clump of crap. You can do it to just think leave it to beaver and go crazy. Scorp now says (Um could you please come over here....pretty please)when he throws his spear, wait they changed it to a plunger now. Sub zero now throws Marshmallows.

Posted by GreedyMcNasty - Wednesday, October 29, 2008 11:10 AM
This game could have been better. Go back to the beginning and look at Batman and superman. Before they became DC school girls, they would kill action comics days. Superman would throw crooks in the air across the city. Bat man would shoot people with a 45. MK vs Marvel would have been a M-rated game. Midway is losing it's fan base so fast. This is the end of the franchise, MK dies with this game. Rest in peace

Posted by B1ack_Blob - Wednesday, October 29, 2008 11:09 AM
Are the posters above me 12 years old or something?

Posted by GreedyMcNasty - Wednesday, October 29, 2008 11:02 AM
Sub zero and that spear guy make my 16 year old very scared. They should take those masks off and wear clown wigs and shoes. The asian man needs to put a shirt on so you can't see his nipples. The magic in the game needs to be removed - it's the work of the devil. It should not be a fighting game, they should make it about DC characters taking care of horses and goats. Yeah Mortal Kombat vs Dairy Farm. Now let's play nice children.

Posted by SuperDefJeff - Wednesday, October 29, 2008 11:00 AM
Total sht with the fkkn T rating. I hope this game catches AIDS and dies.

Posted by altizar - Wednesday, October 29, 2008 10:52 AM
MK definitely has the story line to make a large number of Cross-overs, Hmmm how about Sub-Zero vs Chun-Li. Or Kos-Mos. Or Olivia Munn, now that would be something I'd pay to play.

Posted by YourHeroJed - Wednesday, October 29, 2008 10:46 AM
I saw too much cleavage on Wonder Woman she should be removed, or at least wearing a turtleneck

Posted by UndiscoveredBum - Wednesday, October 29, 2008 10:43 AM
maybe they should tone down the story line too so it gets E for everyone

Posted by YourHeroJed - Wednesday, October 29, 2008 10:41 AM
Too bad they screwed up before they began.

Posted by moose_ - Wednesday, October 29, 2008 10:37 AM
I thought that was pretty cool.