E3 News

'Fallout 3' Direct-Feed Gameplay Footage (Xbox 360)
Posted By: Jeffrey Kanjanapangka - Tuesday, October 28, 2008 5:15 PM

To celebrate today's launch of Bethesda's post-apocalyptic, action RPG Fallout 3, you're invited to take a stroll with us as we venture around with 15 minutes worth of Fallout 3 direct-feed gameplay footage.  In this video, we attempt to cram in: combat with V.A.T.S., lockpicking, multiple zones, and as many gorgeously cinematic deaths as possible.

Fallout 3 is available now for the PC, PS3, and Xbox 360.  Happy hunting and never leave home without your PIP Boy 3000.

Fallout 3 Direct-Feed Gameplay Footage (Xbox 360)

Comment(s)

Posted by radman666slayer - Saturday, January 10, 2009 11:44 PM
This game looks freekin awsome, idk about the crap people r giving the game i am so going to buy it.

Posted by SaiNT24 - Thursday, October 30, 2008 7:20 AM
Bapesta
lol....THAT's how guns WORK! the CLOSER you are, the more ACCURATE you are and the more damage you do! Vats is only an option, and so far, you're the ONLY person I've heard of that doesn't like it...do you even have the game?

vferg
that's fine, I get what you're saying. but Datnasty is right, its NOT a fps, it's a rpg...think of it as one.

Posted by vferg - Wednesday, October 29, 2008 2:22 PM
@Saint24

I was not talking smack about this game at all. I love it a lot and is everything I could want from a game. The few things I was talking about was just a joke about playing with people watching. Of course I cant judge a game on that, but I can say that Dead Space is a single player game and I have had people that did not mind watching that game for several hours at a time.

Posted by cgore88 - Wednesday, October 29, 2008 2:11 PM
when you level up and get better weapons you can target further away and cause massive damage....this is literally the first 15 mins when the character is weak as hell! Im blowing limbs off by now...Ive been playing it non stop.....I have the mingun and vats will blow all the limbs off and the laser rifle brand new will blow a head off in one shot....

this isnt very good representation because its the introductory part of the game where you are really weak and only have access to AWFUL weapons

Posted by DatNasty1216 - Wednesday, October 29, 2008 1:55 PM
@bapesta

its not a fps u idiot its a rpg

Posted by bapesta - Wednesday, October 29, 2008 1:43 PM
VATS is retarded. its only accurate wen ur very close to someone and y would u need it that close. it just takes up time and is boring. wen ur far aeway witha weapon like a pistol u have a much better chance of hitting them without vats than with and if u miss without u probly suk at FPS's.

Posted by bapesta - Wednesday, October 29, 2008 1:40 PM
Saint, his point was in most games and in real life shooting someone in the head and hitting the brain stem or brain instantly kills them. hes right about the combatr to, that person just stood there until u turn around then attacks very slowly. also the graphics do look realy bad, especialy textures and people

Posted by SaiNT24 - Wednesday, October 29, 2008 12:53 PM
Oinkess
headshot means more damage not instant death...

mr nice guy
you're kidding right? you know vats isnt for knowing how far people are....it's for aiming and killing in a badass way...(RTard)

Seriously ppl...if you're gonna talk crap, don't do it based on things you've never played.

Like I said...BEST DAMN GAME EVER!!!

Posted by SaiNT24 - Wednesday, October 29, 2008 12:52 PM
BEST DAMN GAME EVER!!!

Been playing it for 4 hours straight and I can't stop!!!!

ANYONE who doesn't like this game, or finds 1 bad thing to say about it is full of bull and has not played it! I expect to see this as game of the year and 5 outta 5 and 10 outta 10 clear across every gamer critics score!

If you haven't rented/bought/stolen this game, you're a freakin idiot!

Better then COD4/Bioshock/oblivion combined!!!!!

vferg
you cant score the game on what it's not meant to be...you wouldn't give smash bros a bad score because it doesnt have blood or CoD for not having co-op...it's a single player game. Base your score on that!

Posted by anonomousperson - Wednesday, October 29, 2008 12:41 PM
Awesome

Posted by vferg - Wednesday, October 29, 2008 11:31 AM
Well if you ask me its a great follow up to the last 2 games in every detail. It seems some people really didn't know what this game even was by the comments. I am a bit overwhelmed by how much there is to do and although I was not 100% submerged into this game like I thought I would, it is definitely one of the best games to come out this year. I think a lot of the dialog scenes are a bit corny and conversations I was having with people definitely didn't seem like I was in a post apocalyptic world, but hey who knows Ive never lived in one. Oh and this game sucks when 4 other people are watching you! Not enjoyable at all... That is when you go back to LittleBigPlanet though and everything is AOK.

Posted by unaturalx - Wednesday, October 29, 2008 10:24 AM
What system did you buy this for?

Posted by needhobbie89 - Wednesday, October 29, 2008 9:31 AM
This game really does not look that good to me

Posted by Space_C0WB0y - Wednesday, October 29, 2008 8:35 AM
Is it really that good? I just bought Fable 2..prob should of waited for this one. tsk tsk Nahh,,what the hek. I'm getting it! =D

Posted by bleahy - Wednesday, October 29, 2008 8:21 AM
@Oinkness,

It's an RPG, not Call of Duty.

Posted by Oinkness - Tuesday, October 28, 2008 11:22 PM
I was excited about this game until I saw this.... so you headshot a person and they don't die. The combat looks clunky and retarded. The fight early on inside the school building or whatever it was, the enemy doesn't even move and your guy stands there and swings a little hatchet. It looks so stupid and I'm not even playing it yet and I can tell it is uber stiff.

Posted by Delaystation_3 - Tuesday, October 28, 2008 9:12 PM
it is so hard to put this game down. it is one of the most addicting games i've ever played. i played for 3 hours and didn't even realize it b/c you just get so into it. it is worth buying. FALLOUT 3 RULES!!!

Posted by sps73 - Tuesday, October 28, 2008 8:02 PM
I've been playing for about an hour and twenty so far, i just left the vault and arrived at megaton and my opinion of this game is this:

THIS GAME F#CKING ROCKS!! OMG it's hard to believe with well over 100 hrs of gameplay that the graphics can be so great! And with a perfectly smooth framerate too, This game is gonna be an instant classic bigtime!

Buy it! don't hesitate, trust me!

Posted by mr_nice_guy - Tuesday, October 28, 2008 6:32 PM