E3 News

Wii Enters 'House Of The Dead: Overkill'
Posted By: John Manalang - Tuesday, August 19, 2008 1:22 PM

Coinciding with their Leipzig celebration, Sega announced the next installment to their fan favorite light gun shooter series House of the Dead. House of the Dead: Overkill will be exclusive to the Nintendo Wii.

Set as a prequel to the House of the Dead series, Overkill will have a "pulp funk horror" theme, fitting with Robert Rodriguez and Quentin Tarantino's Grindhouse movie features. Aside from the point-and-shoot controls, the new title will also have a mêlée attack activated by swinging the Wii-Mote. New gameplay features such as "Slow-MoFo Time" and "Evil Eye" will help players identify and use interactive environments to their advantage.

House of the Dead: Overkill will be released sometime next year.

Source

Comment(s)

Posted by Tman88 - Wednesday, August 20, 2008 5:30 AM
It's cool that there will be another game that'll use the Wii Zapper.

Posted by Nerdpunk - Wednesday, August 20, 2008 2:16 AM
zombie love on the wii, none of that necrophylia now. . .

Posted by mercisan - Tuesday, August 19, 2008 10:20 PM
@Adidaas
Me too. But I do wish that it weren't a rail shooter. That kinda ruined Umbrella Chronicles for me. And I am a RE junkie.

@G4

These filters of yours are ridiculous. I wrote "I wish" and followed it with "it". And I was told I had a forbidden word!!!! WTF??????
Your filter algorithm needs a little more sophistication. Throw a couple more if-else statements in there for God's sake!

Posted by fxtek76 - Tuesday, August 19, 2008 7:10 PM
The trailer on IGN looks freakin sweet I can't wait. Wii exclusivity and maturity is finally taking a turn for the good. (and bloody)

Posted by Lucifer6972 - Tuesday, August 19, 2008 6:35 PM
Hmmmm, interesting...

Posted by Adidaas - Tuesday, August 19, 2008 5:00 PM
You got me with "Slow-Mofo time."

Posted by gravy666 - Tuesday, August 19, 2008 4:45 PM
Oooh, yay, a dream come true. But I'd really like to see House of the Dead 4 on the Wii...

And, for once, the graphics aren't too bad! Even though it's a Wii game!

Posted by jmanalang - Tuesday, August 19, 2008 4:35 PM
=D

Posted by jwebb1970 - Tuesday, August 19, 2008 3:43 PM
Nice to see the edit from Paul to Robert. Gotta keep G4 on their toes, ya know..

I'd be more exited if it were not an ON RAILS shooter (not a big fan of such & I assume this is such a game), but the screenshot & images from the trailer do look cool. A rental for sure.

Posted by Oinkness - Tuesday, August 19, 2008 2:26 PM
Well the graphics look sweet in that screenshot so you can bet I am on board. :)

Posted by SpookyPirate - Tuesday, August 19, 2008 2:15 PM
It looks like the zombie in that picture is waving at the camera and saying "Hi Mom!!"

Posted by pswii60owner29 - Tuesday, August 19, 2008 2:09 PM
Oh yeah! A bloodier Wii!

Posted by Stephen Johnson - Tuesday, August 19, 2008 1:58 PM
Oops! Edit!

Posted by jwebb1970 - Tuesday, August 19, 2008 1:49 PM
Did you mean to say ROBERT Rodriguez?

Paul Rodriguez is a comedian, not a filmmaker.

Looks like the family fun aspect of Wii is further heading straight to Hell.

Awesome!!!!