E3 News

'Lord of the Rings: Conquest' Direct-Feed Exclusive Gameplay Video
Posted By: Brian Leahy - Monday, August 18, 2008 3:30 PM

EA and Pandemic are taking The Lord of the Rings in a new direction with Lord of the Rings: Conquest, a new action game for the PlayStation 3, PC, and Xbox 360.

Check out our exclusive direct-feed gameplay footage from the E3 build of the game.

Comment(s)

Posted by MahiroWind - Wednesday, August 20, 2008 2:53 PM
Oh and you guys are all making it seem like the movie has anything to do with the game I think thats stupid ....... not that it has totally nothing to do with the game but just because the movies weren't all that great dose'nt mean the game won't be ok ...its for fun ....you guys act like your determining the fate of the world on these video games...

Posted by MahiroWind - Wednesday, August 20, 2008 2:51 PM
I think it'll be a nice game ....its different yeah ....but not everything has to involve shooting and making everything easier for you to accept it ...... I think it'll be an ok game

Posted by CPRxChris - Wednesday, August 20, 2008 1:46 AM
@ saulpimpson

I'm in High School, moron. And when did I "act" or mention anything about the age of the Lord of the Rings.

Idiot.

Posted by saulpimpson - Tuesday, August 19, 2008 7:31 AM
@CPRxCHRIS

transformers was pretty terrible imo. the lord of the rings movies were amazing. it's too bad that you did not have the patience for them or the books that they were based on. but don't flame them you won't win.

btw the lotr movies aren't that old you act like they were made 20 years ago. i guess 4 or 5 years can seem like a long time when your 13.

Posted by CPRxChris - Tuesday, August 19, 2008 1:58 AM
@ dj8002

Die. Now. No one will miss you. Dick.

@ neon raisin & bleahy

What I meant to say is these more recent movies have been marketed for a much more broad and general audience. The Transformers, for example, seem to explain every little detail for you. And what I meant to say was, while the autobots mattered in the transformers movie, there was focus Sam Witwicky and his crush (w.e. the hell her name was). That's what I meant when I said "acting focused." The Dark Knight went much the same route. (IMO, anyway).

Posted by neonraisin108 - Monday, August 18, 2008 9:33 PM
CPRxChris

Transformers...focus on acting? That is almost shaming the intention of the movie to say that. And quit talking about the movies when you talk about Lord of the Rings: There were books, you know, and they were immensely better than any other forms of its media. If you can't read those books, don't embarrass yourself here.

Posted by dj8002 - Monday, August 18, 2008 7:08 PM
@bleahy

Yes, he did. As goes the example of why he is retarded...

Posted by bleahy - Monday, August 18, 2008 5:14 PM
CPRxChris,

Did you just say that Transformers is based more in reality and focuses on acting???

Posted by cryfordawn - Monday, August 18, 2008 4:40 PM
Honeslty I LOVE SW Battlefront and its amazing. This game after watching 7+ mins just looks BORING!

Posted by CPRxChris - Monday, August 18, 2008 4:30 PM
@ bleahy

I know it is. I've seen one of the movies, boring. Very boring. I know it's a successful franchise, so is star wars and a lot of stuff comic book and nerd-related stuff. I hate most of those too. I like The Transformers Movie and the Dark Knight, but only because those are much more reality and acting focus. I still hate the raw comic book and cartoon and w.e. transformers and Batman content.

Posted by bleahy - Monday, August 18, 2008 4:16 PM
@CPRxChris,

I'd encourage you to check yourself... LOTR is an amazingly successful franchise.

Posted by CPRxChris - Monday, August 18, 2008 4:07 PM
No. ANYTHING with the lord of the rings fails instantly.