E3 News

'Street Fighter IV': First US Arcade Found
Posted By: John Manalang - Wednesday, August 13, 2008 8:30 AM

If you absolutely cannot wait to get your hands on Capcom's Street Fighter IV, don't worry. Just call-in sick at work, ditch class and tell you significant other you'll make it up some other day. After that, go get some change and pack your bags to our region, Southern California, and head over to Super Arcade where they have Capcom's latest brawler. Here, punch in the following on your Google Maps:

Super Arcade - 211 N. Grand Ave, Walnut, CA 91748

Apparently there's a Jack in the Box in the plaza if you want some quality grub, but no word if there are any hobo benches available for you to spend the night. Street Fighter IV is scheduled for a 2009 release, available for the PS3, Xbox 360 and PC. And make sure you check our hands on demo of the game.

Kotaku: The First US Arcade With Street Figther IV

Comment(s)

Posted by armygentleman - Wednesday, August 20, 2008 10:25 PM
I used to go there all the time after classes at Mt San Antonio Junior College reight across the street. The reason Walnut has the game first is because the owner paid for it to drum up business. This guy is hardcore and carries most of the major fighting games. The inside of the place looks like a Tokyo arcade. I have since moved to Santa Barbara but I will be visiting labor day weekend, my quarters are ready.

Posted by OBAMAISBUSHpart3 - Saturday, August 16, 2008 5:56 PM
John Manalang,when is it coming to Chicago,IL. arcade rooms?

Posted by Starwind013 - Saturday, August 16, 2008 5:37 PM
I just got back from playing this game, and it is really fun! I haven't seen this many people put their quarters on the machine to call next since the first Street Fighter Alpha. Finishing moves are fun to watch, and the game just feels like a true brawler! I can't wait to get it for the 360!

FYI this arcade has really decent prices, it was like 75 cents a game for SFIV (I would have paid like 2 bucks a pop). They even have Tekken 6 for 50 cents a game! If you in the area, do yourself a favor and check it out (actual address is 1211 N.Grand). I hope everyone else around the country gets to play these games soon too!

CALIFORNIA LOVE!!!

Posted by ponchosombrero - Wednesday, August 13, 2008 8:24 PM
LOL i live a just few miles from there. i went to the community college right across the street. man!! i can't believe it of all the places. i remember walking by there last month, looking inside and thinking, why is this place still in business? all the good games are on consoles nowadays. boy did they shut me up.

Posted by optimum5 - Wednesday, August 13, 2008 6:38 PM
Sounds like the arcade two miles away from where I live. Man I haven't gone there in ages. I guess I got a reason to now.

I played it at comic-con, so the new character you want to try should definitely be Abel, because he is awesome.

If you are having problems looking it up online, do a search for "Mount San Antonio College," it's right across the street from that. At the shopping complex with a Chevron, Jack In The Box, and a Starbucks. Corner of Grand and Amar.

Posted by vferg - Wednesday, August 13, 2008 2:10 PM
Well I live pretty far from CA but I did get to play this in Japan a few weeks ago and I must say I thought this game was going to be just alright but dam was I hooked! The setup of multilayer is really good. They give you the whole screen and if someone wants to challenge you it seems like all the systems are hooked up like on big LAN and anybody can jump in at any minute to challenge you to a fight. I only played with the new characters and I enjoyed 2 out of the 4 and will probably continue to use them when the game does come out.

Posted by rbee90 - Wednesday, August 13, 2008 12:27 PM
CALIFORNIA! UBER ALLES!!!!

Posted by staychisel - Wednesday, August 13, 2008 11:22 AM
it's funny cause this game belongs in the arcade (and super NES :D..)

Posted by kratoskiller11 - Wednesday, August 13, 2008 10:00 AM
Looked up Super Arcade on Mapquest and it wasn't there.
There is however "Japan Arcade" at 1211 N. Grand Ave., Walnut, blah blah blah.
so yeah that's it.

Posted by kratoskiller11 - Wednesday, August 13, 2008 9:58 AM
Looked up Super Arcade on Mapquest and it wasn't there.
There is however "Japan Arcade" at 1211 N. Grand Ave., Walnut, blah blah blah.
so yeah that's it.

Posted by moose_ - Wednesday, August 13, 2008 9:40 AM
That's cool for people who live near there, but what about the other states?

Posted by altizar - Wednesday, August 13, 2008 9:24 AM
What's the price on them, a $1 per play? That'd be ridiculus.

Posted by Lucifer6972 - Wednesday, August 13, 2008 9:23 AM
Booooo!! You suck California!!

Posted by darkmanXL - Wednesday, August 13, 2008 9:17 AM
Walnut CA, WTH is there?? I'm in City of Lost Angels (LA) they to get some of those machines over here..

Posted by Krapehtta - Wednesday, August 13, 2008 9:01 AM
And while you're waiting in line you can chomp on some Stride gum! Because it lasts so long, get it? And your breath will probably need it after wolfing down those delicious Ultimate Cheeseburgers from Jack in the Box (now only 5.99 in a combo meal)

Posted by zortman66 - Wednesday, August 13, 2008 9:00 AM
Good to see people getting all hyped up for stand-up arcade machines again!

I still remember going to a place near my house and watching them PLUG IN Mortal Kombat 3 for the first time. There were like 25 people there waiting for that thing to be turned on!

Ahhh, the memories...

Posted by little_eddy - Wednesday, August 13, 2008 8:51 AM
hell yeah. thats right by the college i go too.