E3 News

'Street Fighter Alpha' PSN August 14
Posted By: John Manalang - Tuesday, August 12, 2008 8:13 AM

Coin-op brawlers, remember this 13 years ago? Capcom will be giving PS3 owners some fighting nostalgia when Street Fighter Alpha becomes available at the Playstation Network this Thursday.

This classic fighting game is the precursor of the Street Fighter storyline of Ryu and Ken, back when they had nothing better to do with their adolescent lives but to throw hadoukens around (yet, they still do). Street Fighter Alpha, available for $5.99 when it hits the PSN, was developed by Capcom. The arcade title was originally released in 1995.

PS3Fanboy: Street Fighter Alpha hits PSN this Thursday

Comment(s)

Posted by blakseed - Tuesday, August 12, 2008 2:23 PM
LOL let's get it.

Posted by Utmost_NutsZo - Tuesday, August 12, 2008 2:16 PM
I'll probably get it, but I was hoping for Alpha 3.

Posted by deathsdelivery - Tuesday, August 12, 2008 1:29 PM
blakseed after this weekend, my kids will go back to their mother, I'm going to destroy you, so pump them brakes, I'll beat you down in due time.

Posted by blakseed - Tuesday, August 12, 2008 1:27 PM
Street Fight Alpha. hmmm... athe good old Playstation I days. Wish I could bring 'em back.

Posted by blakseed - Tuesday, August 12, 2008 1:24 PM
O deathsdeliveryyyyy
Man up and get SC4 so I can beat you down partna! Or get Street Fighter Alpha. Same results baby!!

Posted by raziel_hell - Tuesday, August 12, 2008 12:10 PM
game was decent just 1 feature it had the jump bison mode was mad fun rest was ok.

Posted by CPRxChris - Tuesday, August 12, 2008 12:07 PM
Sweet.

Posted by deathsdelivery - Tuesday, August 12, 2008 11:53 AM
Yuck my ass, this game had alot of SF 2 fighters not in it, that does'nt mean it was a bad game, because you suck if your not playing Blanka.

Posted by WildfireFox - Tuesday, August 12, 2008 11:16 AM
Yuck. This game was a dud.

...didn't even have Blanka. Screw that.

Posted by deathsdelivery - Tuesday, August 12, 2008 10:44 AM
@zortman

Nope, no xbox version!
Can't wait for some true ol' skool fighting,
too bad theres no online play.

Posted by darkmanXL - Tuesday, August 12, 2008 10:22 AM
This is nice but I have the Alpha colloection w/all the Alpha games & puzzle fighter.. But this still is a pretty sweet value..

Posted by moose_ - Tuesday, August 12, 2008 9:49 AM
Sweet.

Posted by zortman66 - Tuesday, August 12, 2008 9:33 AM
Has this game come out for the 360 already?

Posted by Lucifer6972 - Tuesday, August 12, 2008 8:58 AM
Thank you God.

And all you need is part 2 and 3...

Hey, I'm waiting...

Posted by RedRingOfDeath - Tuesday, August 12, 2008 8:43 AM
Screw Street Fighter, I want Tekken 6.