E3 News

Playstation 'Home' Closed Beta App
Posted By: John Manalang - Thursday, August 07, 2008 1:37 PM

Athough we may not know when it's actually arriving, Sony announced today that they will be expanding the Home closed beta test until the end of this month.

So if you're interested in applying, just download the PS3 Home theme available "later today" now through the Playstation Store. The download will be treated as an application to be part of the Playstation Home beta test community. Sony will be utilizing several criterias to determine your elegibility for the beta, but current testers are already qualified for the expansion. Home is an exclusive community network service by Sony for the Playstation 3.

Playstation.blog: Want into the PlayStation Home Closed Beta test? Here’s How to Apply

Comment(s)

Posted by skull_face_noah - Tuesday, August 26, 2008 6:07 AM
i what to join the home beta

Posted by daftpunx - Friday, August 08, 2008 6:26 PM
@ down311

Prove it.

Posted by abelpc - Friday, August 08, 2008 7:24 AM
did you guys read the article.. you just need to download the theme.. that is the application to the beta.. you don't have to actually use it.

Either side of the war.. read the article before you post.

Posted by down311 - Friday, August 08, 2008 7:19 AM
Grunto - Halo 3 actually came out 2 months earlier then expected.

Anyway...I've got the HOME beta and it's pretty boring so far.

Posted by willthegreat - Friday, August 08, 2008 5:55 AM
Getting into the Home beta now would rock. I imagine there are at least a few hundred thousand if not a million people who downloaded this so chances are slim. At least there's still that open beta in November/December, if that doesn't get pushed back again.

Posted by Redd75 - Thursday, August 07, 2008 6:12 PM
@stayfizzle
We say the same thing about you.

Posted by ps3camillo - Thursday, August 07, 2008 6:00 PM
od dammint i just got my wireless internet all messed up the day b4 this come out and when i get it fixed its going to be to late

Posted by staychisel - Thursday, August 07, 2008 5:25 PM
ZZZzzzZZZzzz...

it's like they keep on talking but all i see is lips flappin' in the wind

Posted by Lucifer6972 - Thursday, August 07, 2008 5:13 PM
^^^

Damn!!! That's deep! Is good to know I got backup...

Posted by LOAGEEKS - Thursday, August 07, 2008 5:10 PM
Grunto you the man.

I'll just say one thing. I mostly just play games on the PS3, and use the great BR player it has. Home is not a big thing for me, if its there cool, if its not cool. But I got to say that these xbots are the ones hyping up every little thing XBL has, even if they have to pay an arm and a leg for. So for that reason I am glad, it leaves those Xbots like broke fat kids outside of a donut shop salivating on the storefront window. Its just hilarious.

Posted by dark_diaz - Thursday, August 07, 2008 5:02 PM
Well I downloaded it but couldn't put it as background cause it said it was corrupted data...whatever doubt I'll be picked for the beta anyway...

Posted by CPRxChris - Thursday, August 07, 2008 4:57 PM
http://www.ps3fanboy. com/2008/07/31/home-beta-expan ding-to- japan/

http://www.ps3fanboy. com/2008/07/28/conceptualizing -the-home-space- for-buzz/

Posted by rbee90 - Thursday, August 07, 2008 4:56 PM
whoa...whoa...whoa...whoa....l is,this isn't my batman mug...

Posted by CPRxChris - Thursday, August 07, 2008 4:49 PM
@ jargy1

Well it is free, so I really don't mind ads. I hate that they have ads on LIVE though.

And 2 years or so? What are you on? Did you know that Japan is already running HOME? I'm not sure if Europe has it or not, but I think they're getting it soon, if not.

Which means that it can't be long before it we get it.

@ DPsx7

I use all of the features on my PS3. And it is not a Sims-wannabe. It has game rooms and arcade games and I don't know any Sims game that has that much innnovation. You can chat and talk to friends in your countries via your space, or even smaller things like RC cars and boats with your friends, and even things like sandtables in Warhawk rooms, so you can set up a strategy for your next game.

"Namco Bandai is offering seven games within Home, with four revealed already: Dig Dug, Galaga, Pac-Man and Xevious. Three more "secret" games will be revealed later."

http://www.ps3fanboy.com/pho tos/home-game-spaces-e3-2008/9 33998/full/

Posted by Lucifer6972 - Thursday, August 07, 2008 4:40 PM
"Btw, I love my MGS4 theme far too much to replace it with this lame one just to get home."

Whoa......whoa.....whoa, is a theme?? I don't even think I read it well. But.....but my Street Fighter theme....I don't wanna take it out...

Posted by Lucifer6972 - Thursday, August 07, 2008 4:37 PM
I see, I see....is a good step.

Posted by blakseed - Thursday, August 07, 2008 4:20 PM
Just downloaded it. Now what? It it does nothing, I think I'll delete it. Could be a waste of space.

Posted by mac11s - Thursday, August 07, 2008 4:04 PM
OMG!!! OMG!!! OMG!!! I HAVE IT... ITS THE BEST

Posted by jargy1 - Thursday, August 07, 2008 3:47 PM
@grunto

Take a breath man, I wasn't bashing Home personally. Just think it's a waste of space and people freak out anytime it comes up like it's the Obama of gaming and somehow a messianic figure. I just think it's a bit much. Your reaction was a perfect indicator. You got rabid over people being "meh" about the whole thing.

And nobody can deny the advertising in it is BS. I get enough of that watching TV, driving my car, and looking at Live. FYI if I'm any kind of fanboy it's PS3, but I like to think all my systems have their high points. I just don't see the big deal about Home and I probably never will.

Posted by grunto - Thursday, August 07, 2008 3:42 PM
@red77
feel free man, and to answer your question: Warhawk, and MGO. Too bad I suck at Res online (onlines fun, but I just suck so horribly at it), I only have it cuz the offline is Badass especially co-op!! 2nd time playn through co-op 3rd time total XD

Posted by TubbyM0f0 - Thursday, August 07, 2008 3:28 PM
*YAWN*

Posted by Redd75 - Thursday, August 07, 2008 3:26 PM
Well worded Grunto!
Mind if I add you up? What do you play online mostly?

Posted by grunto - Thursday, August 07, 2008 3:23 PM
Btw, I love my MGS4 theme far too much to replace it with this lame one just to get home. My fav game ever is the J&D series but I wouldnt even replace MGS4 with a theme of that.

Posted by grunto - Thursday, August 07, 2008 3:17 PM
Gosh damn, quit ur b! chn. Who cares if its not a game ITS FREE! My god, do the rest of the world a favor and every1 who flames Home, just shut up. Who cares If you like it or not. No1s forcing u to utilise Home. Its free, u dont have to pay for it. SO SHUT IT!

And so what if its delayed? Did u put $25 down down on your pre-order? No. How about when Halo 3 or GTA4 got delayed. U didnt B! ch then, and that u even paid for. Just shut the v€|( up and leave this forum. Sure your entitled to your opinion, but its FUGGIN FREE! My god. Idc it its a hit or a miss its still free no matter how u look at it and will no way prevent u from still using the console.

Im not happy about Home being Delayed either, but it doesnt make or break my online gaming experience. Its a social tool used to interact and communicate with other gamers and even game developers to a certain extent.

Now idk if these are actual PS3 owners or all just Xbots complaining, but who rele knows in this day and age??

Posted by ddf - Thursday, August 07, 2008 3:09 PM
ps3 fanboy what it is the home do please help me

Posted by jargy1 - Thursday, August 07, 2008 3:04 PM
If the last beta was any indicator, we still have another 2 years or so til Home actually comes out. I'm still not interested and I imagine a lot of people are losing interest who were excited. You can only delay something so long.

Besides, why would I choose to have ads in my face all the time? It's just a marketing scheme disguised as a graphical chat room.

Posted by DPsx72 - Thursday, August 07, 2008 2:52 PM
I still don't understand what this piece of crap is supposed to do. It's not a game, why would I want it? My PS3 is for GAMES. Not movies, not music and pics, not a Sims-wannabe, not a replacement for my PC.

They'd be best off spending their time on something a bit more useful and desired.

Posted by Aztec23 - Thursday, August 07, 2008 2:36 PM
Have it already as a background.

Posted by Ish_786 - Thursday, August 07, 2008 2:24 PM
Just downloaded it =)

Posted by CPRxChris - Thursday, August 07, 2008 2:14 PM
Jeez, about time. Haven't reported anything like this in a while, G4.
(If you get what I mean by that, trying to word it so I don't start one of those stupid-ass flame wars).

Posted by moose_ - Thursday, August 07, 2008 1:56 PM