E3 News

'Medal of Honor' Going Modern?
Posted By: John Manalang - Wednesday, August 06, 2008 1:55 PM

Infinity Ward's Call of Duty 4: Modern Warfare might be getting more compliments, this time from Electronic Arts. Rumor has it that the next installment of their WWII FPS series, Medal of Honor, will set foot in modern day Afghanistan, based on the military's "Anaconda" operation in 2002.

Much like Call of Duty 4's deviation from the traditional World War II setting, the rumored Medal of Honor game will be use current weaponry (reported over 60 customizable weapons) and settings. However, unlike Infinity Ward's latest shooter, the new MoH's single player campaign will focus on historical events.

The latest Medal of Honor installments were Medal of Honor: Airborne (PC, Xbox 360, PS3) and Medal of Honor Heroes 2 (Nintendo Wii), released last November.

Joystiq:Rumor: Next Medal of Honor in Afghanistan, based on 2002 Operation Anaconda

Comment(s)

Posted by rubchel04 - Saturday, September 06, 2008 2:33 AM
how to download a game?

Posted by OBAMAISBUSHpart3 - Monday, August 11, 2008 9:12 AM
Sounds very good to me because i LOVE shooting you (SUCKERS) in the head online with the best 1st person shooters and be grateful to GOD that i can't do that to you in real life for those of you (LOSERS) on here that's been talking bad about me on here,you feel me?

Posted by UnJaked - Friday, August 08, 2008 5:55 AM
MOH Airborne was cool the FIRST LEVEL. Then the level design and AI sucked. I don't think I'd play a modern MOH game. Why don't EA just make an new BLACK that was a cool modern game. Leave MOH to take on WWII. I'm sure after COD 5 comes out they'll rip that off as well.

Posted by ratshady - Thursday, August 07, 2008 9:53 AM
If it's good,I'll buy it.

Posted by dboone2009 - Thursday, August 07, 2008 7:29 AM
its worth a shot but i dont think anything can beat cod4

Posted by FuzzyLumkins - Thursday, August 07, 2008 6:59 AM
medal of honor for pc was good back in the day, like allied assault. but if they try and go modern they have to do something different.

Posted by face0324 - Thursday, August 07, 2008 2:16 AM
thats good news but to bad medal of honor has always sucked!

Posted by Nerdpunk - Thursday, August 07, 2008 12:00 AM
i hate the fact that it's just a rumor. hopefully it will be true. . .

Posted by lingojac - Wednesday, August 06, 2008 10:32 PM
It's nice that developers are finally starting to give a rest to WWII, but honestly, in terms of how much action can really be created while still being historically accurate, the Afghanistan campaign doesn't seem like an appropriate theme for such a one-man-army shooting franchise.

Posted by OuterHeavenPretender - Wednesday, August 06, 2008 10:09 PM
I have very little to NO interest in WWII games, so i like that Medal of Honor might be going Modern much like CoD4 did which was an INCREDIBLE game. I never played the previous Call of Duty games, that i can remember...I do remember playing MoH:frontlines, i thought i was cool, but i rented it an never beat it an never bought it. Rainbow Six Vegas 2 was an AWESOME game too, and i never played the 1st Vegas game. Hopefully this new MoH game will be good. I'll try it when it is released if its a modern game.

Posted by Mouth_of_Sauron - Wednesday, August 06, 2008 9:23 PM
The only MOH game I ever liked was Frontlines.

Posted by disturbedemon - Wednesday, August 06, 2008 9:21 PM
great news indeed, a modern moh would be the only way i'll play it.

should be pretty good, can't wait.

Posted by Reaper24683 - Wednesday, August 06, 2008 6:54 PM
if it has the same great graphics as COD4 then count me in! but i always thought call of duty was 1000000000000 times better than medal of honor.airborn was jus repetetive and it was too short with no awesome moments. COD4 on the other hand was awesome and had plenty of cool moments and nonrepetetive story. if this is better than COD4 than i might just buy the game but until i see some reviews for it im not spendin 1 cent on this dumb repetetive franchise!Take that EA!

Posted by ressurrector - Wednesday, August 06, 2008 6:29 PM
Yes but you can easily see whats going on here. Medal Of Honor ain't really been big since allied assault and this their chance to get ahead of call of duty which owns this genre as of lately.... I dunno why in the F' call of duty would go BACK to WWII when they left it and did so well. I love the WWII stuff BUT I am 32 years old! lol My little brother is 24 and he would not TOUCH a call of duty till they made modern combat cause kids his age really like that moderness and not WWII. I like them all but battlefield pwns all these games if you ask me. Why linger in only the viewport of the soldier??? when their is tanks, helicopters,jets.....oh my

Posted by mercisan - Wednesday, August 06, 2008 4:27 PM
Copying the steps of Call of Duty, I guess.

Posted by gravy666 - Wednesday, August 06, 2008 3:48 PM
Oh great... EA is at it again, ripping other people off... EA really needs to get a clue. Seriously.

Posted by BONERJAM - Wednesday, August 06, 2008 2:45 PM
MOH sucks and has for awhile now, nothing can save this frachise.

Posted by rickofavon - Wednesday, August 06, 2008 2:38 PM
After Spearehead expansion it really went down hill. Each game wasn't supported at all by EA. Remember PA? Multiplayer really blew and they did nothing. Same thing with Airborne. No support.

Posted by Secondtooth - Wednesday, August 06, 2008 2:36 PM
Good..nobody wants any more freaken WW2 games..give it up

Posted by J_8lunt - Wednesday, August 06, 2008 2:26 PM
This better be crazy awesome if they want me to play a MoH game again.

Posted by aztecyankee - Wednesday, August 06, 2008 2:20 PM
Great news HOWEVER....we just don't want different we want a better Medal of Honor game. The series hasn't meant much since PS1 days...