E3 News

'Doom' Movie Sequel Wanted By id
Posted By: John Manalang - Friday, August 01, 2008 1:23 PM

So perhaps after you've come up with a name for the new Doom game, you may want to think about another one for a potential movie sequel.

"Personally I'd like to do another Doom movie, I thought working with it was a blast," said by id Software CEO Todd Hollenshead. Doom the movie, distributed and released in 2005 by Universal, stars Dwayne "The Rock" Johnson as the main character Sarge. The movie grossed about $28 million domestically. The story of the movie revolved around a group of space marines investigating an "unknown" threat at a research facility on a distant planet.

"We’ll see what happens when we get further along in development of the (new Doom) game and there's more buzz and we share more about what the game will be about," said Hollenshead. Would you say, "id like another Doom movie?"

Kotaku: id Would Like Another Doom Movie

Comment(s)

Posted by doomsta27 - Sunday, August 10, 2008 9:52 AM
I thought the doom movie was a great movie, if they make another movie i hope stay ture to the game this time, and besides most of the people that didnt like the movie were the bitch ass fan boys and there hard to please!!!
(Doom+movie=my money

Posted by Buckeyes34 - Tuesday, August 05, 2008 3:37 PM
Everyone that has said you liked the first movie, ARE YOU SERIOUS? Doom was terrible. It was one of the worst movies ever. The plot, acting, action(or lack there of), and especially the FPS segment was atrocious!!!! It was more painful to watch than soccer.

Posted by Buckeyes34 - Tuesday, August 05, 2008 3:36 PM

Posted by UnJaked - Monday, August 04, 2008 7:36 AM
I liked it. I just wished the rock would have turned into a full demon at the end and had a cool battle scene.

Posted by mercisan - Monday, August 04, 2008 12:33 AM
That movie disappointed me a lot. I only liked the fp view part. Alone in the Dark was a better movie. And that one had the Uwe Boll label on it.

Posted by RottenRonnie - Saturday, August 02, 2008 3:28 PM
The first movie was TERRIBLE. I don't know WHAT they were thinking. The acting was horrible, the story was aweful ... it was just a BAD movie. If they make a new one hopefully it will be a million times better. And hopefully they stick to the original DOOM story and not change it.

Posted by CaptainMayhem - Saturday, August 02, 2008 1:16 PM
Please let this be true, I loved the first one.

Posted by SplinterSess - Saturday, August 02, 2008 12:07 AM
NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO OOOOOOOOOOOOOO!

Posted by Intranquill - Friday, August 01, 2008 10:17 PM
If they leave out the over the top yelling and over acting with screams and the first person view for a whole 5 minutes...then the movie might be alright.

I think if they went with a more horror themed, hell hole, like the game is, then it would be amazing.

They just Hollywooded the movie with a lot of cussing and gore. I think the movie would be SCARIER if they made the movie like DOOM 3. Scary people in corners, long hall ways with nothing but a flashlight, and things popping outta the stairs behind you. THAT will make an AMAZING DOOM movie....anything otherwise...no.

Posted by killswitch95 - Friday, August 01, 2008 9:50 PM
i don't know why people hated that movie, i really enjoyed it. it was a good action movie. went and saw it in theaters and the first person thing was awesome. made me kinda nauseous though.

Posted by bigmonstefan - Friday, August 01, 2008 9:06 PM
I didn't hate the last one, but I think that's because I can't really remember it.

Posted by Warheart1188 - Friday, August 01, 2008 8:56 PM
Could they make a Doom movie that's actually based off the original story w/o the horrible casting? More violence? More action? Bigger special effects? Please?

Posted by aztecyankee - Friday, August 01, 2008 4:59 PM
The movie was ok but you all have to admit the last 10 or so minutes when it when to 1st person was FN' AWESOME!!!!

Posted by collinE - Friday, August 01, 2008 4:05 PM
I didn't think it was bad, but I'm not a critic when I watch movies.

I didn't think it needed to follow a specific story line, I didn't mind the acting, and I enjoyed the FPS bit. I thoguht the resident evil series was good and I even thought the new punisher was good.

I think people can just be too picky.

Posted by youenjoymyself - Friday, August 01, 2008 3:16 PM
...yikes!

Posted by jargy1 - Friday, August 01, 2008 3:13 PM
This made me smile. Made my whole month. My girlfriend works at the company that printed all the t-shirts for the first movie. Her jerk of a boss thought they'd sell like hotcakes and he lost an absolute TON of money in the process because nobody liked the movie. Think I'll email this to him, ask if he's excited.

Posted by foofan1 - Friday, August 01, 2008 3:02 PM
I like the doom movie its in the 3 greatest movies based off of games
doom
hitman
resident evil series

Posted by moose_ - Friday, August 01, 2008 2:55 PM
If they follow the game this time then it might be alright.

Posted by ressurrector - Friday, August 01, 2008 2:33 PM
Are they F'n for real? lol The Rock looks back on it now in shame and like no one liked this movie...

So I see how it is hollywood, we can get this but yet no blade the series season 2

Fail............

Posted by skywalker1055 - Friday, August 01, 2008 2:18 PM
please not another Doom movie, instead how about people just make a GOOD MOVIE!