E3 News

Rumor: 'Marvel Vs Capcom 3'?
Posted By: John Manalang - Friday, July 25, 2008 3:02 PM

Here's a hot buzz fighting game fanatics won't want to miss. During Comic-Con, Marvel Studios president of production Kevin Feige was asked by IGN if a new Marvel vs Capcom title will soon see the light of day, as he replied, "Yes. And maybe sooner than you think."

Of course, there is no way that Feige's statement above could be a confirmation of a new working title, as much as we hope it was. The last Marvel and Capcom character brawl, which started with X-Men vs Street Fighter in 1998 (US), was the coin-op favorite Marvel vs. Capcom 2 in 2000.

As far as current projects, Capcom's polishing up Street Fighter IV for its US release next year, coming to the Xbox 360, Playstation 3 and PC. Check out our hands on demo of the game from last week's E3.

IGN: New Marvel vs Capcom title on the way?

Comment(s)

Posted by illcity724 - Monday, March 16, 2009 9:17 PM
i work at the airport in atlanta and had the opportunity of talking to a programmer who was traveling. just in casual converstation i asked what games he was working on and he told me right now marvel vs capcom and this was at least 3 months ago. so i can confirm this title is for real.whether you decide to belive me or not is up to you but ill be waiting for it intently

Posted by omegazx - Wednesday, December 24, 2008 4:32 PM
can't wait 4 this game to get here

Posted by pjladd1 - Sunday, December 07, 2008 6:52 PM
i've been praying for the release of this game since the day i bought my 360. If this game comes out id pay any price for it

Posted by evilmario007 - Monday, July 28, 2008 1:10 PM
OMG! i hope it does come out!!!!!!!!

Posted by RAWKSTEADY - Monday, July 28, 2008 8:58 AM
Isn't Tatsunoko Vs. Capcom based on anime characters vs. capcom characters? no marvel characters in that game. but the new graphics look like the new prince of persia game coming out. it still looks sick

Posted by Evoker01 - Sunday, July 27, 2008 11:25 PM
about the marvel vs capcom 3? is`nt it tatsunoko vs capcom not marvel vs capcom 3 someone told me about this game and i found it in a site a few weeks ago. you can find it in youtube.

Posted by Mr_Gone - Saturday, July 26, 2008 3:34 PM
this game has been rumored for like 5 years....

Posted by mr_piffingt0n - Saturday, July 26, 2008 10:36 AM
I hope it comes out sooner like they say. Cuz we been all waitin a loooong time for this.

Posted by Nintendo_Wii_S_Owner - Saturday, July 26, 2008 6:14 AM
I can just imagine this game....3d graphics, Online play on consoles AND arcades, Character exclusives (you know per console),and EVERY GAMER'S DREAMS COMING TRUE!!!!!!!!!

Posted by mvscap3crazy - Saturday, July 26, 2008 12:53 AM
god has finally awnsered my prayers.hell i almost gave up on gaming all together,but now the second coming of fighting games is apon us brothers & sisters. rejoice!!!!!! let the congregation say amen!!!!!!!!

Posted by Lucifer6972 - Friday, July 25, 2008 9:34 PM
OH...........MY.......GOD!!! I found it!! Wow!!! I hope they come through...

I don't know about you but as long they got Ken, Guile and Charlie in the game. I'm telling you, that's the big three.

Wow........sure hope is true. Not a lot of info but is good enough to keep me believing...

Posted by rvd4 - Friday, July 25, 2008 7:07 PM
Is that Tatsunoko Vs. Capcom?

Posted by btnkdrms - Friday, July 25, 2008 6:17 PM
Oh ... BTW

for the one or two ppl on here praying that the game sticks to its 2D roots - Marvel vs. Capcom 2 was 3D with 2D sprite animation Over top of the invisible 3D models.

I would like to see them go for that and make the character models as high res and tasty looking as those backgrounds - crunchy sprites give me gas

Posted by deleted_BC8CBE9F-08FB-46F4-B5A1-9FF5914FB98C - Friday, July 25, 2008 5:57 PM
it is awesome. i m a single hot girl who is a game lover, would love to share my idea and something others with some one, as my blog said on ____multiraciallove.com___ you may know more about me, and even some other hot singles of my circle of friends.

Posted by Utmost_NutsZo - Friday, July 25, 2008 5:05 PM
No SF4 graphics please.

Some games just need to stay PURELY 2D.

Posted by Juicelee - Friday, July 25, 2008 4:37 PM
i would love to see this game get made with twice as many characters, street fighter 4 graphics AND online play

it would be the end of the world for everyone

Posted by jmanalang - Friday, July 25, 2008 4:32 PM
me too

Posted by mechabeast - Friday, July 25, 2008 4:29 PM
I think I pee'd a little.

Posted by jgny32 - Friday, July 25, 2008 4:14 PM
Please for the sack of god and everyone else MAKE THIS GAME!!!! i love this seris i have the whole collection. $80 for mvc2 and it was worth it i would pay $100 for mvc3

Posted by Slash5150 - Friday, July 25, 2008 3:56 PM
If they do make an MVC3 my only request is that it stays strictly 2-D

Posted by lionheartx8 - Friday, July 25, 2008 3:49 PM
This is arguably the greatest arcade fighting game sans street fighter 2, and definitely my all time favorite, if capcom decides to grant over a million gamers their dreams and create the sequel ill be first on line, in fact imagine this game online! Im curious as to the new things they could add to the already incredible game, hopefully itll be even more characters! Dante vs Deadpool! Thor vs Wayne Holden! Hopefully they put in the muay thai king Sagat! TIGER UPPERCUT!

Posted by Valentinog - Friday, July 25, 2008 3:47 PM
I hope the Rumors are true...Ive been waiting for this title for so long. This game is going to be the ULTIMATE BADA** FIGHTING GAME OF ALL TIME!!! Cant wait.

Posted by little_eddy - Friday, July 25, 2008 3:47 PM