E3 News

'WipEout HD' Pulled For Epilepsy Test?
Posted By: John Manalang - Wednesday, July 23, 2008 5:03 PM

Most of the time, when a closely anticipated game is absent on E3, we say, "Where the hell is it?". But in WipEout HD's case, we'll say, "Oh #$%!".

According to CVG's source, Sony's blistering futuristic racer was delayed for failing epilepsy tests. The game is currently being tweaked to accomodate the tests. Imagine...all those flashing lights and explosions could've been killer...literally.

WipEout HD for the Playstation 3 is the next-gen revival of the hit PS One racer. Developed by Sony Computer Entertainment Studios Liverpool, the game's release is now unconfirmed for this year.

CVG: WipEout HD delayed for failing epilepsy tests

Comment(s)

Posted by altizar - Friday, July 25, 2008 5:16 AM
I say screw it. Put it out and slap a tag on the Case "May cause Epileptic Siezures" and sell it as is.

Posted by moose_ - Thursday, July 24, 2008 9:05 AM
Game looks pretty fun.

Posted by bcrow136 - Thursday, July 24, 2008 8:11 AM
WipeOut for the PSP was a pretty sweet game, so this is actually disappointing news. Although I could see how going 700 MPH with explosions and flashing scenery could give you a seizure when blown up onto a full 40"+ HDTV.

Posted by staychisel - Thursday, July 24, 2008 7:20 AM
i'm glad they're giving this epileptic tests. it would be horrible for ps3 owners mommies to find them on the floor, frothing at the mouth with a ps3 controller in one hand and an apple-juice box in the other. i shudder at the thought.

Posted by Mr_Eko_73 - Thursday, July 24, 2008 6:56 AM
I'm currently in England right now and before almost every local news story the anchor-person says. "The following story contains flashing images" -9 times out of 10 I dont see the flashing images. On another note: Whipeout on the PSP really sucked.

Posted by BossTweed - Thursday, July 24, 2008 6:54 AM
It depends on the type of Epilepsy a person has. Some videogames can cause seizures, others have no effect. The length of time a person is playing a certain game, playing a videogame in a dark room are factors that might cause a seizure. If Sony needs someone to test it's games effect on Epileptics. I volunteer because I have Epilepsy since childhood. Yes, I play PC and XBOX360 videogames.

Posted by XxGodsMistakeXx - Thursday, July 24, 2008 5:25 AM
If you have epilepsy i don't think you should be playing videogames in the first place or around someone playing videogames in general

Posted by sleptwithghost - Thursday, July 24, 2008 1:12 AM
@blakseed- Its a joke based on most peoples reactions to things on here. Look at the comments about xbl being free if you need a example.

Posted by blakseed - Wednesday, July 23, 2008 11:29 PM
@sleptwqithghost
Huh? Play games, please. Never played Wipeout before huh?

Posted by sleptwithghost - Wednesday, July 23, 2008 10:34 PM
OMG THIS IS SONY RIPPING OFF NINTENDO AND POKEMON!!!!!!!!!

Posted by DPsx72 - Wednesday, July 23, 2008 10:31 PM
Wipeout and F-Zero rule. Waiting for the eventual release of both. Too bad the 360 doesn't have any good racing games.

Posted by blakseed - Wednesday, July 23, 2008 9:40 PM
I had wipeout on ps1. PS3, I understand. Oinkness Give a f%k what you say. Give me an unbiased answer.

Posted by deathsdelivery - Wednesday, July 23, 2008 9:11 PM
Just the PGR series looks like str8 ass, you stupid butt-plug

Posted by Oinkness - Wednesday, July 23, 2008 7:45 PM
looks like crap

Posted by DamienHell - Wednesday, July 23, 2008 6:28 PM
Huh I wonder why, maybe because the picture alone is giving me a siezure plgeoisgnivgxclkv,x