E3 News

Wireless Wii Keyboard By Logitech
Posted By: John Manalang - Friday, July 18, 2008 11:33 AM

During this week's E3, Logitech introduced a new wireless keyboard for the Nintendo Wii. In light of Nintendo's new voice-peripheral device, the WiiSpeak, the keyboard contributes to the system's user communications by allowing an easier way of chatting, browsing and perhaps even searching for games via the WiiWare.

“Our new keyboard helps families experience the Internet in the living room – and it will make chatting with online friends simple in popular games, such as Animal Crossing," said by Logitech's Director of Marketing Ruben Mookerjee. The keyboard also supports zoom in/out, forward/back and Quit/OK functions to enhance the Wii browser experience. The mini-receiver plugs into your console and connects via a 2.4ghz wireless signal. The device will be available in August for $49.99.

Logitech Cordless Keyboard for Wii

Comment(s)

Posted by 16bit_warrior - Monday, July 21, 2008 7:26 AM
I have been using a logitech USB plug-in wireless keyboard since I got my Wii. It was about $20, also came with a mouse but I never tried to use with the Wii.

Posted by caravel - Friday, July 18, 2008 1:39 PM
this would help for the wii's internet channel since punching in the letters one by one for a url with point-and-click controls using the wii mote is a pain in the behind. its a shame tht its so expensive though...

Posted by nighthawk21 - Friday, July 18, 2008 1:37 PM
$10.00 really i hate my wired one too the wire is too short and annoying

Posted by droop4 - Friday, July 18, 2008 1:29 PM
@ xwing:
for the wii, really? what brand and model? i need to get me one of those. I hate my wired one!!

Posted by xwing_5 - Friday, July 18, 2008 1:10 PM
already use a wireless usb keyboard. Cost me a whole $10.00.