Live Weeknights at 7PM ET
Welcome to TV's only source for all the stuff you care about from the coolest viral videos to the hottest new gadgets, comics and movies. Attack of the Show gets it before it gets out.

The Dark Knight Rises Official Trailer HD

Baxter
Posted December 19, 2011 - By Joseph Baxter

The Dark Knight Rises Official Trailer HD

The spectacular new trailer for The Dark Knight Rises has officially hit the web!

With its six-minute prologue having made its premiere this past weekend with Mission: Impossible: Ghost Protocol, the third entry into Christopher Nolan's Bat-films would also debut its second theatrical teaser; this time, loaded with action-packed morsels and a closer look at how the events of the film unfold.

After a summer of absorbing great quantities of leaked set footage that appeared to be a bit on the raw side, we finally have a proper full trailer that puts into context a lot of what we were seeing.

It's time to put on your best "Bane respirator" voice and check out the trailer. (Click here to watch the official trailer online.)

Indeed, in true Nolan fashion, it brings mind-blowing tour de force drama and pulse-pounding pathos. However, unlike the 6-minute Bane-centric prologue, it is Bruce Wayne that takes back the center-stage in this trailer, as we see how Bane's actions send the facade Playboy life of Batman's alter-ego crumbling to the ground. -- With a quick hit of super-sexy Anne Hathaway Catwoman goodness for the road.

As a matter of fact, what we're seeing here seems to contain themes that ring similar to the famous "Knightfall" storyline in the comics back in 1993, which served as Bane's coming out party as a top-tier villain. In that storyline, not only did Bane release all of the inmates out of Arkham Asylum, but he lurked by, watching Batman suffer while attempting to recapture all of them in a deadly gauntlet that took its toll on his body. Bane would finally show up at Wayne manor, and famously break Batman's back over his knee.

Thus, rumors that Bane would "break the Bat" in this film will certainly not be going away, especially with the footage of Bane mocking Bruce Wayne, who appears to be lying on a hospital bed, too injured to fight back.

Will this third and possibly final Nolan Bat-film live up the stratospheric measuring stick set by The Dark Knight?

We shall have to see on July 20, 2012 when The Dark Knight Rises hits theaters.

• AmericanKing01

Chris said he would fix Bans voice before release

Posted: December 21, 2011 10:34 AM
    AmericanKing01
  • Splatch

cant wait for the dialogue between batman and bane
    "incoherant growwwwl snarl snarl snarl"
    "mumble mumble mumble"
    "baaaaaaaaaaattttttmaannn"

Posted: December 20, 2011 1:28 PM
    Splatch
  • OverlordWilson

Just saw it on the internet, can't wait.

Posted: December 19, 2011 10:22 PM
    OverlordWilson
  • 2ply

Seems like "the epic conclusion to the dark knight legend" is going to be the worst one yet if you ask me..

I'll be glad to see (and hear) less of Christian Bale once it's over though.. I seriously dislike that guy (especially as batman).. and he looks like he is either sick or a drug addict while filming this one.

Posted: December 19, 2011 10:05 PM
    2ply
  • untitledbymiles

Why are people so "concerned" and disappointed with the trailer?

WHAT IS WRONG WITH IT.

Damn, people are always so negative for no reason. At least support your concern with some details.

And why do people always compare movies to comics? You do realize that there are MANY different interpretations of Batman, etc right? So the movie can't possibly reflect ALL of them.

Terrible. Just chill out and watch the movie when it hits theaters.

Posted: December 19, 2011 1:23 PM
  • shakacholo

This movie looks like it's gonna suuuuck. They couldn't do a better job with bane? Anne Hathaway as catwoman was a horrible casting choice. Fkin' Michelle or Halle would've been a better choice even if they are older than Anne.

Posted: December 19, 2011 1:09 PM
    shakacholo
  • gambolingman

I just pooped a little.

Posted: December 19, 2011 12:49 PM
    gambolingman
  • Graphicsgod

I was expecting something, this wasn't it... So where is the Bane character?!? He pops up here and there, blows up a football field.. and?!? This is not the Bane character I remember from the comic books!! Not only does he outwit Batman at every turn, he can also double/triple his size and rip through concrete blocks like they were paper. I didn't see any of this in the trailer. Maybe it will be better when I can see the full film.. But it helps to show this in the trailer.

I figured as much from the little bit of info that was previously released that the director either didn't care to do his research or wants to just end the franchise to move on to other projects. I'm still not expecting much from this movie. At least the last one was entertaining!! So far the only director that put enough effort into the franchise was Tim Burton. And you can't really blame him for Batman & Robin, that was more Schumacher's fault!! He was just supervising and probably wanted to move on from the Batman films.

Posted: December 19, 2011 12:33 PM
    Graphicsgod
  • SolomonGrundy

Honestly? After seeing this I'm more concerned that enthused.

Posted: December 19, 2011 12:30 PM
    SolomonGrundy
  • TSolo613

That trailer was awesome. Bane should finally get some redemption after they ruined his character in Batman and Robin.

Posted: December 19, 2011 12:27 PM
    TSolo613
  • Azaelheim84

good god!!

Posted: December 19, 2011 12:12 PM
  • bigtxambition

All I can say is WOW. I can't wait to see it. Too bad though its the last one. I guess they don't want to finish up their series like the last Batman movie did. NO I am not mentioning the name of crappy movie. Moving on, I plan to see this movie on its opening day. I expect sold out showings. I might have to buy my tickets ahead of time.

Posted: December 19, 2011 12:07 PM
  • UNrealx007

Its looks good, but why Bane? I want someone that we haven't seen in a loooong time. I want another Riddler.

Posted: December 19, 2011 12:05 PM
    UNrealx007
  • thederickgarcia

I JUST POOPED MYSELF.

Posted: December 19, 2011 12:00 PM
  • optimusx

Seriously though. Not impressed.

Posted: December 19, 2011 12:00 PM
    optimusx
  • optimusx

I was confused there for a second. When he said, "most anticipated movie", I expected to see an Avengers trailer. This is an early April Fools joke. Good one.

Posted: December 19, 2011 11:57 AM
    optimusx
  • chucoloco210

dont quite know exactly what to make of it....

Posted: December 19, 2011 11:50 AM