Live Weeknights at 7PM ET
Welcome to TV's only source for all the stuff you care about from the coolest viral videos to the hottest new gadgets, comics and movies. Attack of the Show gets it before it gets out.

Love Thy Neighbor? Not This Guy!

Moye
Posted October 17, 2011 - By Moye Ishimoto

Love Thy Neighbor? Not This Guy!

Something tells me that this local newspaper's "Know Your Neighbor" feature was meant to highlight the friendly people in town, and not the racist jerks.

Also, who decided to print this?

Lastly, if you're Hispanic and live in Hazleton, avoid this guy.

[Source]

• Shadowthrone

@wackyanimation: Culture shock and racism are two different things. I got culture shock walking through a mercado in my dad's home town of Zamora, Michoacan (Mexico), this guy is a racist hypocryte- no excuse.

Posted: October 18, 2011 8:55 PM
  • bahamut8591

so...i am pretty sure Hispanic is not a race. There are only 4 races in the world... Black, White, Asian, and Native American.

Posted: October 18, 2011 11:41 AM
    bahamut8591
  • silentanathema

Its funny that he says his family imagrated from poland.

Posted: October 18, 2011 7:26 AM
    silentanathema
  • lukechalfant

Yep, I have family in a small town in Iowa and just within 10 years it's probably went from like 1% Hispanic to 20%. And every time I visit there I hear so many snide remarks about the Mexicans... Yet the people don't really seem to HATE them, it's just a huge change and they don't like it. They just want their towns to stay the way they've been for the last century, and have the Mexicans stay in Mexico.

Posted: October 18, 2011 1:25 AM
  • shizzbliggy

LOL! Its interesting how people try to make excuses for this.SMH!

Posted: October 18, 2011 1:19 AM
    shizzbliggy
  • wackyanimation

If this is PA, then I'm really not surprised. The whole general area of eastern Pennsylvania has these types of people. Its more culture shock then racism though. They grew up in the same area their whole lives and then dramatically the culture around them completely changed from the influx of Hispanics. This is defiantly not the first time I have heard this conversation, but obviously you have to question why the newspaper printed it.

Posted: October 17, 2011 11:42 PM
    wackyanimation
  • RealMrDowntown

Is this Hazleton ..Pennsylvania???

Posted: October 17, 2011 10:17 PM