Farscape is finally making the long trek to Blu-ray, and it makes the nerd in me extremely happy. Full disclosure: I worked on Farscape: The Peacekeeper Wars when I was at the Jim Henson Company, so I'm fairly biased. While this show was one of the ultimate science fiction experiences, it ultimate was cruelly canceled to make way for more Stargate. But hey, Star Trek came back eventually, so I'm still holding out hope.
The series will be available in both complete series and single season flavors, and includes 15 hours of bonus materials spread out over 20 Blu-ray discs, and will be available on November 15. For a full list of the features, head beyond the break and get your geek on. I hope Chiana and Jool are even hotter in HD.
- 20 Blu-ray discs featuring 88 complete and unedited episodes from the four-season run (1999-2003), remastered from the highest quality source material available
- Collectible packaging featuring all-new series artwork
- 29 Episode Commentaries, including “Premiere” with Rockne S. O’Bannon, Brian Henson and Ben Browder; “Jeremiah Crichton” with Claudia Black, Producer/Writer David Kemper, Browder and O’Bannon; “Bone to Be Wild” with Anthony Simcoe;“Relativity” with Lani Tupu (Crais/Voice of Pilot) and Director Peter Andrikidis; and, “Bad Timing” which features Browder, Black and Kemper discussing the series’ final episode.
- A BRAND-NEW documentary – Memories of Moya: An Epic Journey Explored featuring revealing new interviews with the cast and creators.
- Multiple featurettes and documentaries including “In the Beginning: A Look Back with Brian Henson”; “Making of a Space Opera” and “Inside Farscape: Save Farscape,” on which fans, cast and crew discuss the fate of their beloved series.
- Multiple video profiles featuring archival clips and cast/crew discussing their characters and roles on Farscape.
- Over 90 minutes of deleted scenes.
- Slideshows and archival photo galleries, including character concepts and promo photos.
- Production design galleries featuring screenshots, rough drafts and concept slide shows.
- Behind-the-Scenes interviews with Ben Browder, Claudia Black, Anthony Simcoe, Virginia Hey, Gigi Edgley, Paul Goddard (Stark), Wayne Pygram (Scorpius) and more.
- Original TV promos and trailers