Live Weeknights at 7PM ET
Welcome to TV's only source for all the stuff you care about from the coolest viral videos to the hottest new gadgets, comics and movies. Attack of the Show gets it before it gets out.

Superman: Man Of Steel Delayed Until 2013

Baxter
Posted July 22, 2011 - By Joseph Baxter

Superman: Man Of Steel Confirmed As Reboot By Zack Snyder

Superman: Man of Steel, the Zack Snyder-directed reboot with Henry Cavill getting caped and costumed, has had its release date delayed. Initially set for release in December 2012, Warner Bros. has officially moved its premiere to June 14, 2013.

In the hugely-crowded field of blockbuster films in the 2012 movie year, Man of Steel would have had a lot to overcome. Even with its initial release timed well-past a summer movie season that may go down as the most comic-book-property-filled of all-time, there was one box-office contender against which it could not stand: The Hobbit!

Yes, it's rather clear that Warner realized the December 14, 2012 arrival of The Hobbit: An Unexpected Journey would do worse damage to Man of Steel than a rocket launcher loaded with kryptonite. However, a move to June of 2013 should find the film among far less threatening competition, giving it a chance.

How are you feeling about this film, so far?

[Source]

Tags: Comics, Movies

• mar10

they should've went with Tom Welling!!

Posted: July 25, 2011 7:31 AM
    mar10
  • VermithraxDagon

They shoulda kept Brandon Routh

Posted: July 24, 2011 5:11 AM
    VermithraxDagon
  • sonicdeehedgehog

I don't give a poop about the Hobbit

Posted: July 23, 2011 7:10 PM
    sonicdeehedgehog
  • skywriter

I think whenever the Superman film is released is neither here nor there. I feel really bad for Brandon Routh, who I feel got screwed due to not a great story, all the way, for Superman Returns. It was good to see him in Scott Pilgrim. I am uneasy about Zack Snyder taking the helm, as I am not sure the performances will be nothing more than rote delivery of dialogue to move along to fantastic CGI action set pieces. I do not see why they couldn't re-boot with Routh and a better story. If it is a re-boot / action story they should get inspiration from the Superman Earth One graphic novel. Some consolation comes from me reading, due to Dark Knight success, Chris Nolan has been given by Warner Bros some creative oversight. Who knows; it might sutprise. Just feel bad for Routh, who did a good job.

Posted: July 23, 2011 6:23 PM
    skywriter
  • 1ctbndt

I'm not going to deny it. DC has the best comic book characters ever. But the many arms of Vishnu forbid that they know what to do with them. And to have faith in a character like that, is demeaning, at least. On the other hand, if Green Lantern was a warning, maybe the move wasn't too bad an idea.

Posted: July 23, 2011 5:04 PM
  • mavric_84

I think it's a really good idea not to have Superman release with The Hobbit. But moving it to June 2013 puts in the same space as Iron Man 3(May) and Thor 2(July?). Marvel is putting out some really great movies so lets hope DC can get back in the fight with the new Superman.

Posted: July 23, 2011 3:32 PM