NBC Universal and Julien's Auctions are partnering up to give fans a chance to own a prop and other memorabilia from their favorite television shows. Starting this weekend, the premiere auction house will serve as NBC Universal's official place where people can bid on live auctions for pieces that range from costumes, props, collectibles and other one-of-a-kind items from shows featured across the NBCU cable and broadcast networks.
If you're a fan of Heroes or The Cape, then it's time to get ready because the very first live auction kicks off this Saturday, May 7th and Sunday, May 8th in Beverly Hills. Some of the items up for grabs are:
- Heroes Takezo Kensei's sword (estimated value $1,200-$1,500)
- Heroes Various paintings (estimates range from $500 - $2,000)
- Heroes Noah Bennet props (estimate $700-$1,000)
- The Cape actual costume (estimate $2,000-$3,000)
- The Cape Chess costume and chessboard (estimate $1,000 - $1,500)
- The Cape comic books (estimate $200 -$300)
Interested buyers can either visit the live auction at Julien's in Los Angeles or check out their catalog and bid online at their website. This weekend's auction for The Cape and Heroes only marks the first of many sales to come, so I can't wait to see what will be available on the auction block next time. Perhaps the Twitter Wall? (I wish.)
Hope we've got you in the bidding mood because in the meantime, you can check out G4's ongoing Japan Relief Effort auctions featuring exclusive items and opportunities to help Japan recover from the earthquake and tsunami aftermath.