If you watched this week's Fresh Ink Online, you know that Blair Butler mentioned a benefit for a gentleman by the name of John "The Cran" Randall, a man who owned a local comic shop in Canton, Ohio, called Land of Cran Comics, before the store closed its doors in October, 2010, after 20 years. Mr. Randall was diagnosed with and has been fighting a rare form of lymphoma that attacks the immune system, and those who have loved him and his store are teaming up to help pay his medical expenses.
So far, they've recieved contributions from some pretty heavy hitters for an online auction they're having in conjunction with a fundraising dinner on April 2nd. Who is contributing, you ask?
- Robert Atkins (GI Joe)
- Darryl Banks (Green Lantern)
- Jeremy Dale (GI Joe, Skyward, Absolute Zeros)
- Todd Dezago (Tellos, Perhapanauts, Super Hero Squad)
- Tom Feister (GI Joe Origins, Ex Machina)
- SL Gallant (GI Joe, Marvel Adventures: Avengers)
- Gene Gonzales (Pin-Up Artist)
- Scott James (Mutants and Masterminds)
- Comfort Love and Adam Withers (Mutants and Masterminds, the Uniques, Rainbow in the Dark)
- Scott McDaniel (Batman, Nightwing)
- Todd Nauck (Young Justice, Wild Guard and Amazing Spider-Man #583)
- Joe Pekar (Pin-Up artist)
- Craig Rousseau (Perhapanauts, X-Men First Class)
- Neil Gaiman (Stardust, American Gods, Anansi, Sandman, Black Orchid)
And more from Dark Horse, IDW, DC Comics, and some pretty interesting movie props.
To bid on the online auctions, or just to donate to the cause, check out more information on the Cranboyz blog. It's a good cause, and you could end up with some amazing stuff in the process.