Live Weeknights at 7PM ET
Welcome to TV's only source for all the stuff you care about from the coolest viral videos to the hottest new gadgets, comics and movies. Attack of the Show gets it before it gets out.

New Apple iPhone Rumors: Fact or Fiction? Today on The Loop!

Moye
Posted March 30, 2010 - By Moye Ishimoto

New Apple iPhone: Fact or Fiction? Today on The Loop!

Sure, the Apple iPad is coming out this Saturday...but let's talk about all the rumors swirling over the next generation iPhone 4G, including features like a front facing camera, multi-tasking on the OS 4 and coverage from Verizon or Sprint. It all sounds too good to be true!

Today, Chris Hardwick talks to Jason Chen from Gizmodo about what's really going on in the iPhone rumor mill on The Loop. Tune in tonight at 7:00pm on Attack of the Show to learn more about it.

• Dirtyj78

I've yet to jump on the smartphone bandwagon- the prices and service plans are too expensive.
    Verizon is hands down the best network but GEEZ-US the prices for everything are ridiculous. And just when I'm about to talk myself into getting the Palm Pre Plus deal on Amazon (thanks G4 for the heads up that is a smokin deal for that phone!) I see this about the Iphone 4G- just another reason why I can't make a choice on a phone- outdated after a few months!

Posted: March 31, 2010 12:33 AM
    Dirtyj78
  • lowkevmic

I hope it's true, but then again I don't. I just got my Droid like 2 months ago, and my Blackberry Storm not too much earlier before that. If they bring the Iphone to Verizon, I'll get one, but I think I might hold off after the first and second wave of customers get theirs. I guess this makes the phone competition an even playing field all over again??!! Either that or Verizon is in position to completley dominate the phone industry!!

Posted: March 30, 2010 4:31 PM
    lowkevmic
  • KilledFirst

273 cities with a population over 100,000 38 cities with 4G. Not really adding up to a network that is worth more then a great idea. Great story Title G4 editors.

Posted: March 30, 2010 4:05 PM
    KilledFirst
  • KilledFirst

4G is a slow process. I live in Florida and have found no information on time frames for when 4G will be available in any of the Florida metropolitan areas. I know in the not so soon future it will be a great service, but as for now most of us can only watch advertisements telling us how great it is. Sprint should have had more infrastructure in place prior to advertising their latest and greatest network.

Posted: March 30, 2010 3:55 PM
    KilledFirst
  • bigboi21

iPhone on Sprint!!! Wow i'll definately be getting one.....oh wait, theres a little phone i like to call the HTC Evo 4G (Supersonic) coming out soon. Depending on how well apple does multi-tasking, if they add a flash, and if they improve all the bugs the iPhone currently has, then i'll probably get one. But the Supersonic is offering HDMI output up to 720p, a kickstand, 8MP camera with a 1.3MP front facing camera, a 4.3 touchscreen, microSD slot up to 32GB, and the latest Android system....touch competition. The only thing that will override both of these phones is if Palm releases an update to the Palm Pre's hardware, bug fixes to webOS, and a better keyboard, an on screen keyboard, and a microSD slot, then i'll get that. Sorry i've fallen in love with webOS.

Posted: March 30, 2010 3:24 PM
    bigboi21
  • babyscottback

I love how people will complain about a new version of the iPhone every couple of months, but the truth is that all cell phone makers do this. The big difference is that Apple has only one type of phone, whereas LG, Samsung and Blackberry have a couple different models so it isn't as noticeable. LG comes out with a new version of their phones each month it seems, and blackberry keeps pumping them out as well. It's just how cell phone manufacturers work, its just easier to see it in the iPhone.

Posted: March 30, 2010 2:17 PM
    babyscottback
  • Injektilo

The Wall Street Journal already confirmed that Apple was developing an iPhone that would work with the CDMA network, which is the type of wireless network used by Verizon and Sprint. But they'll still unveil a new iPhone for AT&T this summer.

Although I'm not pro AT&T, I liked the fact that they were the sole carriers of the phone. Now that it'll be available on other networks, I fear we're going to see a wide variety flooding the market a la the Android phones or Palm Pre's...

Posted: March 30, 2010 1:58 PM
    Injektilo
  • Redsabr

If the iPhone is available through Sprint, I'm getting one!!

Posted: March 30, 2010 1:29 PM
    Redsabr
  • tylerstravis

I'll stick with T-Mobile.

And WHY do people want a front facing camera so bad? Are people only taking pictures of themselves lately?

Posted: March 30, 2010 1:14 PM
    tylerstravis
  • biggnigg2000

Wasn't there a rumor that the iPad was going to be on another Service Provider also...Turned out to be false! But what MaelStrom stated is true!

Posted: March 30, 2010 12:47 PM
    biggnigg2000
  • TheBRADLeyB

I'd really like the iPhone to come to Verizon.

Currently I have Sprint, but my contract ran out on March 23rd and I plan on jumping on my mother's Family Account with Verizon. I've never really been a big Verizon Fan nor a Sprint Fan, I kind of just joined Sprint for the Unlimited Talk Text and Web before I realized I don't have enough friends to talk to on the phone for 100 Dollars a month.

I am finding it hard to decide what phone I would want for Verizon, all so damn expensive! But I tell ya what, if the iPhone comes to Verizon, THAT's the phone I want no question.

Apps and Fun Stuff? Yeah not the biggest Apple Fan but Damn The iPhone is a good phone... Too bad it's on such a crappy network (I don't need to talk on the phone while surfing the web, I doubt most Americans could do both effectively anyway, lord knows I can't.)

All that other stuff I have no clue about, but iPhone on Verizon (and even Sprint) = Epic Win.

Posted: March 30, 2010 12:39 PM
  • MaelStrom_

it will be called iPhoneHD, it will have the same processor as the iPad, the A4. a 960x640 screen (4x as iPhone 3gs) it will run on iPhone OS 4 and they will announce a better phone 9 months after that, that will make this one obsolete

Posted: March 30, 2010 12:34 PM