Live Weeknights at 7PM ET
Welcome to TV's only source for all the stuff you care about from the coolest viral videos to the hottest new gadgets, comics and movies. Attack of the Show gets it before it gets out.

420 Loop: Should Marijuana Be Legalized: Entire Uncut Interview

mdalonzo
Posted April 17, 2009 - By Mike D'Alonzo

This Monday is 4/20, and G4 is locked and loaded with our annual 420 special, hosted this year by Kevin Pereira and Doug Benson. A part of that special will be a Loop 420 Edition, in which Kevin will discuss the legalization of marijuana with Judge Jim P. Gray, author of Why Our Drug Laws Have Failed...

For more information about the honorable Judge Gray, please check out his information at the following links.

This is the full, uncut version of that interview...which we hope you will watch and consider seriously, especially if you are one of our nation's lawmakers.

Judge Jim Gray's Case for Legalization - FULL Interview »

Attack of the Show's 420 Special starts at 7PM ET this Monday, followed by Dave Chapelle's Half-Baked, and Doug Benson's documentary Super High Me

Tags: 420, The Loop

• Gringo

Like that guy.

Posted: April 21, 2009 11:25 AM
    Gringo
  • Memu

Reload the page and it posts again what you last wrote. Nice!

Nothing to add to the discussion... just stating the facts, as usual. :)

Posted: April 19, 2009 10:37 PM
    Memu
  • Memu

True story. I have a friend who has an uncle that is a genius and smokes pot regularly. He works in a think tank making big money and apparently has not been made stupid or been negatively affected in any way by his hobby. Yet my friend still goes around saying that pot makes you stupid. He seems to consider his uncle some kind of freak special case. Why is that? Could it be he (we) have been told so many times by parents/teachers/leo/tv that pot makes you stupid and messes up your life that he cannot even accept the truth before him?

Posted: April 19, 2009 10:31 PM
    Memu
  • Floatr

MJimiD = Weed Warrior

Posted: April 19, 2009 10:18 PM
    Floatr
  • lovinthedrummin

WTF. That t-shirt is $74.80!!!!

Posted: April 19, 2009 9:42 PM
    lovinthedrummin
  • MJimiD

@TJ: I am truly sorry about your mom, but trust me when I tell you that drugs didn't screw with your family. Your mother's addictive, self-destructing personality led to her downfall. I know, I have family members who have gone through hardcore crystal meth use and now are on the road to clean recovery. Ganja was simply a tool your mother used to bring herself down. I know people who use Ganja in enhancing their lives and gain perspective on the world. Through it's use, I myself am inspired toward my goals in life. Trust me, brother, I wouldn't tell you this if I didn't care to see the world become a better place.

Posted: April 19, 2009 9:02 PM
  • Taxandregulateit

If Judge Jim ever needs money for anything...
    After watching that...
    He has mine, better than spending it on Mad World.

Posted: April 19, 2009 9:01 PM
    Taxandregulateit
  • MJimiD

@Razz: My last comment was really to address anybody who feels they have a right to tell another person how to live their life. To me, supporting illegalization falls under that category. As a matter of technicality, no, the gov't doesn't "control" us. But if I use or possess such a substance they enact their laws and throw me in a cage. As for hard drugs, no matter what you do, they will always exist. And people will always use them. It's better to provide a medical avenue and help the people than to throw them in a cage. Doing this can have serious, negative effects. The prison system is not designed to rehabilitate, or even prevent crime, but to generate revenue. The prison system only addresses symptoms of a lost society as they pop up instead of getting to the core of the problem and also creates its own problems.

Posted: April 19, 2009 8:53 PM
  • TJ1203

and WTF is trolling

Posted: April 19, 2009 6:28 PM
    TJ1203
  • TJ1203

@ MJimiD nah man my family got F'ed up because of DRUG and for you dope fiend ass to same some sI *t about my family i really should kick ur a$$, you dont know nothing you probably baked right now Drugs destroy people. my MOM went from ivy league school to some one who can do nothing for her self but she sure can get that weed, and put that over her family

Posted: April 19, 2009 6:26 PM
    TJ1203
  • Razzamatazza

I'm sorry but I know somebody out there is gonna take that last line the wrong way. Anarchy being the lack of law (therefore abolishing prohibition of marijuana would be a step in that direction, not that its positive or negative). There are some things out there I think the government shouldn't regulate. If what you meant was that the government shouldn't tell you whether you should or shouldn't put marijuana specifically in your body then fine. Like I said the government doesn't have ultimate control over you and never will.

Posted: April 19, 2009 3:37 PM
  • Razzamatazza

Just one more thing, ultimately nothing is controlling you but yourself. Law only exists to punish actions not control them. If you want to use a substance its ultimately still your choice, you only have to find the means of doing so. The law only makes it harder to find the way, but the way is still there. Do you agree with the laws in place against other drugs (crystal meth?, cocaine?, heroine?) If you do, then the whole nobody has a right to tell me what I put in my body thing is invalid. If you don't, then hey your one step closer to believing in anarchy. (don't blow this out of proportion)

Posted: April 19, 2009 3:17 PM
  • Razzamatazza

Lastly you're second to last paragraph is blown way out of proportion and unnecessary. I by no means was trying to take control or power or anyone. I don't know where you got that idea from other than maybe that you were aiming it towards the government rather than me. I don't know why you are on such a defensive. I wasn't generalizing anyone, I was simply stating that the people I've met who use it regularly tend to at least appear less intelligent. If you didn't notice I said the ones who I know use it occasionally don't tend to show these effects. This is just my experience, I'm not trying to claim everyone who smokes it is half retarded.

Posted: April 19, 2009 2:51 PM
  • Razzamatazza

I'm gonna make this short because I don't feel like writing up an entire rebuttal. Anyway, I was only describing what is natural on the same terms as I hear many marijuana smokers describe the plant. Found in nature, undisturbed by man, non-man made. Secondly I was never saying marijuana literally makes people dumber only that from my experience the regular marijuana smokers are in fact dumb. Maybe dumb people are attracted to marijuana. Dumb people tend not to be successful so do they really need to be drowning their likely troubles in a substance be it alcohol, marijuana, etc..? Not to mention marijuana is known to increase appetite, how is that going to help our obesity problem?

Posted: April 19, 2009 2:50 PM
  • MJimiD

TJ1203, I find it likely you're trolling. In the instance that your family became messed up, well I have to say this because it may help in realizing a way to help your family: Ganja did not mess your family up; Your family messed themselves up. I feel for your situation, but Ganja simply became a tool and an excuse for your family's turmoil and was not the reason. When they realize this, they can see beyond their own selfish, damaging views and begin to heal. Don't take this wrong because it's intended to help. By not addressing the core of their problems and casting blame on an external source, they make their situation far worse. Conflict always comes from within, never from without.

Posted: April 19, 2009 12:24 PM
  • MJimiD

Conclusion: I'll end saying that you are one person. You do not have any extension of power over me. You have no right to determine my right, or anybody else's for that matter, to use any substance for any reason. Certain laws are in place to protect people from other people. When a law comes into place that seeks to "protect people from themselves", we cease to be free. Benji Frank said it best when he used the phrase, "Give me Freedom or give me death." When you seek to tell me what I should or should not do when I am not harming another on a physical level or, you are in breach of what I consider "lawful morality". Were we in the 18th or 19th century, your views would be considered treason. So spare us because you have showed just about as much intelligence as the frequent-Ganja-using people you supposedly know and generalize about.

Posted: April 19, 2009 12:04 PM
  • MJimiD

Part 3B: So now we legalize it. If the gov't regulated it, they tax the sale of it, it creates jobs from vendors to growers to transporters. You get the point. Again failed logic assuming people are still going to go to dealers. A majority won't simply because of the fact that they now have access to Ganja from legit vendors, thus making it safe. As for kids trying it, you're pretending as though they don't already. It's the parents decision not yours and, if they're of consent, you shouldn't be telling them what they should or should not do. Also, kids will less likely try it because it's not being peddled on the streets with full access, among other reasons. If you educate them on the subject of Ganja, they can also make educated decisions. I could go on and on like the energizer bunny, but this is not a forum and I'm not writing a book.

Posted: April 19, 2009 12:01 PM
  • MJimiD

Part 3A: Money, money, money, mun-ay! Mun-ay! Alright, allow me to show you the grand scope of how much money would be saved. Firstly, as other people have already discussed, the very act of legalizing it would save billions. It would stop spending for drug bust operations, arresting of people, taking said people to court, keeping of said people in jail, drug dog academy spending on teaching dogs to sniff out Ganja, and all of the big things and little things in between related to the illegalization of Ganja.

Posted: April 19, 2009 11:59 AM
  • MJimiD

Part 2B: You use psychological addiction or, as you put it, "mind addiction" to justify your view of Ganja as bad. Let me first say this idea is weak. The enjoyment of substance doesn't imply addiction. Applying this idea would make me not only addicted to Ganja, but addicted to logic, philosophy, reading, making films, and generic-brand honeycombs. You must also take into account mindset. Remember that word because that figures heavily into a person's behaviour. The use of a substance as benign as Ganja does not create addiction, but you will find that people's mindsets lead them to addictive personalities. This goes along with the idea that action follows thought and not the other way around.

Posted: April 19, 2009 11:58 AM
  • MJimiD

Part 2A: Addressing the idea you espouse about the intelligence of Ganja users: The statements you made are horribly biased generalizations based off of very limited experience. While I do agree, that the use of Ganja has a fair-sized subculture of individuals that display signs of immaturity and limited intelligence, this does not imply that it's regular use causes said behaviour. I, myself, know and interact with individuals who use Ganja on a regular basis and retain maturity and intelligence. The connection between Ganja and less smart indiviuals is weak and simply means that anyone, from any walk of life finds Ganja to be enjoyable. This leads me comfortably to my next point.

Posted: April 19, 2009 11:57 AM
  • MJimiD

Part 1C: To a later post that includes the statement that we are more intelligent and technologically advanced: As I've somewhat pointed out above, this idea clashes with your original application of the word 'natural'. Also, being technologically advanced doesn't apply to whether or not Ganja should be used. There is no logic and no valid argument made here. If you want to apply technology, then technology has allowed us to understand chemistry, and thus, how Ganja works on a chemical level. Studies up to this point have actually been in favor of Ganja (not gov't sponsored and censored research). Our knowledge has allowed us to understand many of the medical benefits that come from using Ganja while, still, more are being discovered.

Posted: April 19, 2009 11:55 AM
  • MJimiD

Part 1B: Your next argument is to state that 'smoking' Ganja is not a 'natural' activity. Let me ask you this: Is 'smoking' Ganja not a result of our advanced knowledge as a species (which you boast about our intelligence to argue against Ganja, but we'll get to that later) as to what we can do with what we're given and how we view the world? Is our advanced knowledge as a species not a result of evolution, adaptation and of being apart of nature itsself? This whole 'natural' argument needs to stop because what we do as a species 'naturally' follows from our 'natural' evolution. By your application of what natural is, all that is common in human life in the modern era (t.v., computers, tech as a whole) should not exist. Even the simple act of cooking foods, which can in fact be better for us, would be against what's 'natural'.

Posted: April 19, 2009 11:54 AM
  • MJimiD

Razzmatazza, your logic is flawed.
    Part 1A: To tie your intial post about genetically modified hemp and your idea that Ganja is harmful to the environment: You go on to argue why you 'think' Ganja is bad for the environment. However you ignore seeing that genetically altering living beings (yes, plants are beings too) can, in fact, on a grand scale, effect the environment. By introducing a being that is altered, it can create a need for nature to shift, if only slightly. Also, I will note that suicide affecting a family and friends is emotional and psychological which cannot be tied to your argument logically. If a family hurts for a family member because they use Ganja, it is because they are misinformed in seeing it as harmful. You also fail to acknowledge that there are multiple methods to comsuming Ganja (i.e. cooking, vaporizing) that don't release the harmful combustable by products that come from burning the buds.

Posted: April 19, 2009 11:53 AM
  • TJ1203

weed f##ked up my family, hey do what you want but im liable kill ur ass if you do it in front of me, dumb ass ni@@ as and 420

Posted: April 19, 2009 10:29 AM
    TJ1203
  • Memu

Posted: April 19, 2009 3:12 AM
    Memu
  • Memu

To be honest in a debate you should not jump to conclusions. Suppose you make a comment that you have anecdotal evidence that all the pot smokers you know are stupid. Then you seem to be implying that smoking pot makes people stupid. (I am not sure why that matters, but anyway...) If you are to be unbiased you need to consider all the other possibilities as well. One possibility is that stupid people are attracted to smoking pot. Another possibility is that the smart people you know that smoke pot are smart enough not to let you know that they do it, considering the obvious negative connotations you (and society in general) ascribe to it. So even if your anecdotal evidence is true, no valid conclusion can be derived from it.

Posted: April 19, 2009 3:10 AM
    Memu
  • hardwirecars

lol legalize it but make a gag order on all stoners this includes there movies

Posted: April 18, 2009 11:15 PM
    hardwirecars
  • Spiderish

Finally (for now), lets bring up the environmental effects. It's cleaner, it could be used to help us gain energy independence. One acre of marijuana absorbs three times the amount of CO2 than an equal area of trees, any trees, and produces an the same rate of oxygen. So what are all these negatives? People may smoke it around you? If they were there first leave. If you were there first I feel they should. That's a matter of manners in my mind. I see no sound logic in continuing the prohibition of marijuana.

I would like to say again this is not against you, but the same harping on and on of the people in power who keep this issue this way. I am merely trying to help you see the other side a bit and possibly help you gain some more understanding of the issue. Not meaning to insult your intelligence at all, just where you've been getting your information hasn't been giving you the full truth.

Posted: April 18, 2009 10:57 PM
    Spiderish
  • Spiderish

I do realize how many people it affects. The majority of the negative effects are directly caused by the prohibition of it. As the judge said the non-violent offenders being locked in jail everyday. They are being exposed to horrific human conditions because of smoking a plant that, as far as the record is concerned, hasn't killed a single human being unless they hung themselves with a rope made out of it's stems. Now what about all the good that money being squandered on their food and shelter in prisons across the country? Money that could be saved to do some good for truly needy people. Not just here but around the world. What about those affects? The only thing about it that affects any member of my family is an occasional pine scent and a few more bags of Frito's, possibly Pringles.

Posted: April 18, 2009 10:50 PM
    Spiderish
  • Spiderish

Let me also say I was not intending any "lashing back" at you personally. That is your opinion and you're entitled to it. I respect you're right to voice it. I was merely pointing out the hypocrisy of your statements for the following sentences.

"It is NOT a coincidence that every person I've met in my life who uses marijuana regularly is or at least appears less intelligent and obsessed with talking about and smoking marijuana. I do know people who have used it occasionally and are okay majority of users don't use it "occasionally"."

Any hostility that may have been in my posting is directed at the constant misrepresentation of people who enjoy marijuana and the general fear mongering and uninformed nature of the argument pro-prohibition of it.

Posted: April 18, 2009 10:43 PM
    Spiderish
  • Spiderish

Well lets use simple reasoning and read what I typed shall we? "your first point is way off because merely the money saved from fighting against the importation and cultivation of marijuana would provide billions of dollars for programs in need of said funds."

As you can hopefully see I said they would save the money initially. Now lets follow that with the possible thousands of jobs and therefor income tax those jobs would generate for the government. The jobs, and then the sales taxes from the ending of marijuana prohibition could potentially generate billions in tax revenue.

Posted: April 18, 2009 10:39 PM
    Spiderish
  • Razzamatazza

Sorry, I meant to say I'm Agnostic. Anyway, I'm not saying you should agree with me, just to eliminate biases and look at the issue as a whole not just whether you'd be able to smoke pot wherever and whenever you want.

Posted: April 18, 2009 10:29 PM
  • Razzamatazza

. Its affecting more people than you realize. If you were to kill yourself you wouldn't just be affecting yourself you would be affecting your friends and family. With marijuana your affecting the environment and anyone around you. Oh, and just so you know, I am atheist, and raised with virtually no religious input. My morals are derived only from what I have observed in my life. I've seen both sides to the marijuana argument, I've seen ridiculous arguments come from both sides. But I've chosen where I stand.

Posted: April 18, 2009 10:23 PM
  • swedishrocker111

THANK YOU Emuticus. YOU are complpetely right. Mechutu is rediculous. There is not one recorded death directly related to marijuana use. It may not be benificial to your health, but it is also not very harmful at all. Alcohol is more harmful. If it were legalized it would be regulated and it would help our economy a huge amount with all the tax dollars. Just like proposition k in San Francisco(legalization of prostitution (unfortunately it didn't pass)). It would regulate it and ultimately stop criminal activities.

Just legalize it already... (I can't swear apparently, but if I could it would be all over this post)

Posted: April 18, 2009 10:22 PM
    swedishrocker111
  • Razzamatazza

Tobacco has been used for centuries only recently have we begun to realize how many problems it causes not to mention pollution. Marijuana may not be as harmful as as cigarettes to health but there is still the matter of pollution and second hand smoke. Maybe the government shouldn't tell you what to put in your body however when it effects other people something needs to be done. In this day in age when we are realizing just how damaging actions committed by us are to the earth do we really need more people smoking? At least now marijuana use generally happens indoors where the smoke can get trapped in cloth and other materials. If I want to go to a cafe I shouldn't have to deal with getting second hand marijuana smoke from smokers.

Posted: April 18, 2009 10:21 PM
  • Razzamatazza

Its real simple I know "john" and he smokes marijuana every day and never shuts up about how great it is. I also know someone named "bob" who uses marijuana occasionally once or twice a month at a party or get together. I've observed a clear difference between "john" and "bob" in that john seems slow intelligent wise and obsessively talks about being/getting high. It may not have the same chemical addiction as cigarettes and the like however, you would have to be blind not to see that there is a sort of mind addiction to it. The argument about marijuana being used for thousands of years throughout the world is also a senseless excuse. If you haven't noticed, humans have grown increasingly intelligent and technologically advanced throughout time. Many substances that were in common use for thousands of years were later found to be either harmful to health or simply not good to use because of addictions etc.. or both.

Posted: April 18, 2009 10:19 PM
  • Razzamatazza

How the hell are they going to make billions off the taxes if they are going to undercut the dealers? Marijuana is cheap enough as it is compared to other drugs. Like the judge said its widely available already, its not hard to find a dealer. Undercutting the dealers and then suggesting that we would make billions off of it is contradictory. Spider, please read before you lash back you're biased slander. I said "every person I've met in my life who uses marijuana regularly" appears less intelligent and acts obsessively towards marijuana.

Posted: April 18, 2009 10:18 PM
  • Floatr

Razz didnt you hear him in the video he said their goin to under sell the dealers so anyone who decides to buy it will go to the store and its so much harder for me to get booze than it is to get weed so its pretty valid to say that itll keep it away from alot of kids (kind of) also i would much rather get it from the store even if it was a little pricier cause im pretty sure my dealer laces his products

Posted: April 18, 2009 9:19 PM
    Floatr
  • Spiderish

Lastly and in my mind most importantly, as it has been said, why should anyone have the right to tell me what I choose to put into my body? I'm not hurting anyone but me and that's not even fully proven in and of itself but that's my choice.

Posted: April 18, 2009 6:45 PM
    Spiderish
  • Spiderish

Marijuana just like anything else people take has consequences for abusing it, they are far less severe than everything else people can use. Then there is the FACT that if you want to immediately reduce and be on the road to recovery from the side affects you can quit and suffer no ill effects. There are no withdrawls on a physical level. Some people can experience psychological withdrawls in the form of heightened stress and the occasional headache but that is from their own minds and not the plant itself. Perhaps smoking the plant isn't natural but it is a part of cultures all over the world dating back thousands of years. The affects it has on people is completely naturally provided within the plant though. What other intoxicant do humans take that you can claim any of this about? None.

Posted: April 18, 2009 6:41 PM
    Spiderish
  • Spiderish

Razz, your first point is way off because merely the money saved from fighting against the importation and cultivation of marijuana would provide billions of dollars for programs in need of said funds. Also there is bias and there is not buying the BS that has kept marijuana prohibition going all the years it has been. How is it every person you met in your life appears to be obsessed with it but you know people at the same time that use it occasionally? You're just spouting more of the same uninformed bile that has wasted more lives than if marijuana was legalized.

Posted: April 18, 2009 6:36 PM
    Spiderish
  • chucknorrispwnz

The judge is brilliant!!!

Posted: April 18, 2009 5:14 PM
    chucknorrispwnz
  • Razzamatazza

I agree we need to re-think our approach to drugs but I do not think we should give up on it completely and legalize it. It is NOT a coincidence that every person I've met in my life who uses marijuana regularly is or at least appears less intelligent and obsessed with talking about and smoking marijuana. I do know people who have used it occasionally and are okay majority of users don't use it "occasionally". Its obvious a majority of g4 viewers probably use marijuana and therefore a majority of undoubtedly biased on the subject.

Posted: April 18, 2009 2:05 PM
  • Razzamatazza

My next issue with the arguement for marijuana is the whole Its natural so its safe and its natural so we should be able to use it. That is probably the most idiotic of the arguments for marijuana. Show me an animal in nature who smokes marijuana without any influence from humans and I'll believe the whole its natural thing. It is NOT natural to smoke anything, smoking is an idea and invention of man. Not to mention the whole its natural so its safe thing is BS because what about the thousands of other natural plants out there that are poisonous does that make them okay to use?

Posted: April 18, 2009 2:03 PM
  • Razzamatazza

Ok, I agree with the whole using genetically modified hemp for paper. However, I don't agree that marijuana should be legalized. First of all the whole argument that it will generate tons of income from taxes is a load of BS. Why in the world would anyone buy heavily taxed marijuana when they can get it for much cheaper from the dealers they obviously already have. If anything having it legal will encourage people who haven't done it before to try it simply because its legal which is not what the goal is here.

Posted: April 18, 2009 2:01 PM
  • ponchosombrero

also, thanks guys for showing all 18 minutes. very informative.

Posted: April 18, 2009 1:41 PM
    ponchosombrero
  • ponchosombrero

i too am disappointed with obama. but i'm not suprised. big business runs the country. not the president. i typed in drug war facts and was sent to a sight that showed exactly how many people were arrested for drugs, how many of those arrests were for marijuana. and under the marijuana arrests how many were for trafficking, and how many were for possession. they also compare those numbers with how many violent crime arrests were made. though i don't know if these numbers are accurate. it's still pretty sad. talk about a huge waste of time, money, and energy. use the police to focus on violent crimes, cocaine and meth dealers, and speeding. not grams of grass and rolling stops. hey remember the days when you saw a cop behind you on the road and felt safe?...........neither do I.

Posted: April 18, 2009 1:34 PM
    ponchosombrero
  • Scottydsntknow

This man makes great points, but if the government was in charge in distribution I think they would make weed much less potent

Posted: April 18, 2009 10:52 AM
    Scottydsntknow
  • RTR

Wow, very inciteful

Posted: April 18, 2009 10:00 AM
    RTR
  • JasonB81

Wake Up America....
    oh and i was really disappointed with Obama, i mean i kind of understand why he had to shoot down the question (being as such he is under a huge microscope) but i thought he would at least logically weigh the pros and cons in the internet town hall meeting. You know, approach the idea with maturity and understanding, and not saying what overly Religious people want to hear....

Posted: April 18, 2009 6:30 AM
  • JasonB81

Mechutu and Partyboy should keep their ignorance to themselves. We don't need anyone else following suit because what they say "sounds" logical, when they are completely wrong.

Posted: April 18, 2009 6:28 AM
  • JasonB81

If you want to learn more about why it was forced into prohibition, look up Dupont. It was because of the possibilities of Hemp that Cannabis went to the wayside. So it was because of a corporation scared of competition that lead to the illegalization of Cannabis.

Posted: April 18, 2009 6:26 AM
  • JasonB81

Great Loop discussion, and great points made by MJimiD. Another point to make known, is that you can not overdose on Cannabis, how could this "so called Drug" be considered Class 1, that's rediculous. And let's not even talk about the medical benefits for Cancer and AIDS patients. It is one of the oldest medicines in the World.

Posted: April 18, 2009 6:22 AM
  • MJimiD

How is it that a natural plant that grows freely upon our Earth is against the law? Henry J. Anslinger mixed with a bit of dogmatic, selfrighteous, selish, and ignorant Americanism. This is where the Cannabis Crusades started. Right here, in the heart of the good ole U.S. of A. And this is where it has to end. So let's end it, people, and start anew. This country needs to take a good long look at itsself and question itsself. Then the healing can begin.

Posted: April 18, 2009 1:47 AM
  • MJimiD

Conclusion: I wish I could go on, but I'll leave you with this last point. Ganja is plant. A plant that exists as part of the genetic and atomic intelligence that governs this universe and by which you, yourself, are governed. This plant serves a purpose when used properly. To raise consciousness and insight. Something you unfortunately lack. I wish that it were not so, but I'll hope for you to see with your heart someday and realize the truth.

Posted: April 18, 2009 1:27 AM
  • MJimiD

Part 3B: New point. Legalization will actually remove the exposure of minors to Ganja because it will no longer be a street drug being peddled to minors. Keepipng Ganja illegal and, thus, on the streets also presents the danger of being sold more hard drugs or having Ganja weighed down with unnoticeable other materials such as lead flakes and can lead to slicing. Do we at last find out the reason why casual Ganja users sometimes turn to harder drugs? Because both Ganja and hard drugs are in the same environment. This environment of illegalization also brings with it crime due to high demand to both distribute and aquire Ganja. End Part 3B.

Posted: April 18, 2009 1:25 AM
  • MJimiD

Part 3A: Crackheads are crackheads. Let me tell you, as well, that you make their problems worse by throwing them behind bars instead of treating them like humans and giving them medical attention. Plus, there are far worse things that go on within our country that put your apocalyptic view of druggies to shame. Ever heard of sex slavery? Now you have. End Part 3A.

Posted: April 18, 2009 1:22 AM
  • MJimiD

Part 2: Jumping back to the subject of death, many studies have shown that moderate consumption of Ganja improves health and can, in fact, combat cancer and a multitude of other various diseases. While smoking Ganja can be admittedly harmful over a lifetime if use, so is the smoking of any other combustable substances. Do not forget here that you can also cook Ganja with your food or simply vaporize it so you only inhale the various THC, CBD chemicals without the harmful, carcinogenic combustable by-products. A final note on that aspect would be that you are in no way within your right to tell someone how to live if they are harming noone else in the process. End Part 2.

Posted: April 18, 2009 1:21 AM
  • MJimiD

This will be a segmented post for having too many words: Mechutu, I find your lack of logic dsturbing and implicative that you have not even viewed the full 18 minute clip, if at all. I could on as long as Jim, but I'll address the fallacies in your post only. To begin with, noone dies from the use of Ganja. There is also nothing to imply "addiction" in any medical or psychological sense of the word. Simply because somebody enjoys doing something on a regular basis does not make them "addicted". I enjoy eating chocolate everyday. I am not. however addicted to it. End part 1.

Posted: April 18, 2009 1:19 AM
  • Memu

@Mechutu

I can easily refute all your nonsensical claims: 1 If it kills people prove it. Name one person that has died from cannabis? 2 It is easier for kids to get weed than alcohol now. 3 If going to war exacerbates the problems the war is meant to solve, why do it? 4 Prohibition is bad for you, if not why are all the people that argue for prohibition the dumbest ones?

Did you even watch the video? Honestly, what is one provably good thing that has come from prohibition? Simple reasoning says that those that want drugs are getting them now and those that don't want them will not suddenly want them if they are legal. Why do you even care if someone else wants to get high, anyway? If it really does make them dumber then that is good for you in the form of less competition for jobs and women. And from the mental capacity you display you need all the help you can get.

PS Excellent video!

Posted: April 18, 2009 12:55 AM
    Memu
  • Spiderish

Also please tell me exactly how the end of marijuana prohibition would lead to a nation of "crackheads". When the countries that have taken even more drastic changes in their drug policies have overwhelming evidence to the contrary?

This doesn't even sound like an end of the "War" against the horrifically violent Cartels that are running the rackets. If anything this is the change in tactics we need to take to really put them out of business. From my perspective the only way the con's out weigh the pro's are, well, nonexistent. But please by all means tell me how I'm wrong when the science actually backs up my points. Just do the research and see for yourself, unless you're happy being sheeple.

Posted: April 18, 2009 12:39 AM
    Spiderish
  • Spiderish

Trillions of dollars that could have been used to actually accomplish something? Like a socially and fiscally responsible health care system? Perhaps used on research funding for more environmentally friendly energy sources? Being able to pay our teachers more so they would feel like they are valued more? Maybe even sweeping reforms in education? Possibly at the college level that could exponentially increase scholarships? America could have that much greater of an edge with that many more people with higher educations.

Posted: April 18, 2009 12:37 AM
    Spiderish
  • Spiderish

Mechutu and partyboy, your comments make it appear you didn't even watch the interview. That is virtually the same rhetoric that has had us utterly wasting over a trillion dollars in our "War on Drugs". Which was started as a way to disenfranchise Mexican immigrants whom had a healthy living off of marijuana and the byproducts it produces. Most of which are much more beneficial to industry and the environment than the materials and resources we use today.

Let's look at the so called benefits of the way we've been handling the marijuana "problem"

Posted: April 18, 2009 12:36 AM
    Spiderish
  • totalpackage2k

did you not hear that they could make an abundance of paper! not cutting down trees that take years to grown but growing thc deactivated marijuana plants for the stems "hemp" you dont understand that

Posted: April 17, 2009 10:39 PM
    totalpackage2k
  • partyboy8967

Mechutu (the guy above me) is completly right. Back in the day EVERYONE smoked pot but now it's like half (at least at my school) we are winning just very slowly. I think maby try legalizing it in one state and see what happens.

Posted: April 17, 2009 10:18 PM
    partyboy8967
  • Mechutu

This should never ever ever be legalized. It kills people, since they just keep smoking away from the addiction. Our nation should not be filled with crack heads. With it legalized then it would be easier for minors to get to and even more of a problem than it is now. If your losing a war don't stop fighting because you feel like your losing, good is still being done fighting to stop something as dangerous as this. And yes this is bad for you, I don't care if people say it's harmless, It's not that's why all the people I have met who smoke it are the dumbest ones.

Posted: April 17, 2009 9:46 PM
    Mechutu
  • kikook

Just like alcohol one day Mary Jane will be legalized but regulated like alcohol, you can't grow it but buy the "monitored stuff."

Posted: April 17, 2009 9:16 PM
    kikook
  • darkstarava

Jim also mention that if pot was legalize, they would have to lower the cost of it to drive out dealers. So tax wouldn't be a problem, but if your dealer is like Saul, that's awesome man, Can I have his number? JK

Posted: April 17, 2009 8:48 PM
  • slimmer

There would still be people growing their own if it's legalized.
    Judge Jim Gray is my new hero.

Posted: April 17, 2009 7:53 PM
    slimmer
  • FuzzyLumkins

3 DAYS UNTIL THE BIG DAY

Posted: April 17, 2009 7:28 PM
    FuzzyLumkins
  • deathsdelivery

I don't want another tax to pay, and who knows how out of hand they would get, look at cigarettes(7.65 per pack).taxed per ounce, no thank you, I would rather keep my dopeman afloat,
    he's kinda like Saul from PE, so its a blast when we hang.

Posted: April 17, 2009 7:03 PM
    deathsdelivery
  • drink_moxie

great loop kevin lots of info lets hope that bill passes @drinkmoxie

Posted: April 17, 2009 6:03 PM