Live Weeknights at 7PM ET
Welcome to TV's only source for all the stuff you care about from the coolest viral videos to the hottest new gadgets, comics and movies. Attack of the Show gets it before it gets out.

The Loop: The 'Cloverfield' Hype

EMorton
Posted January 17, 2008 - By Eugene Morton

It seems a foregone conclusion that Cloverfield is going to be a smashing success. People simply cannot stop talking about the film and they know almost nothing about it. Perhaps that’s the lure.

The advertising campaign and trailers both show striking imagery and devastation which remind some of the September 11th attacks, but little else. Is Cloverfield playing on our collective paranoia to draw an audience?

To weigh in on the issue, we’ll welcome Devin Faraci and Editor for IESB, Robert Sanchez.

Tags: The Loop

• dylan1123

I am a big fan of the Saw trilogy. after I seen Cloverfield I had to replace Saw. Cloverfield is now my favorite movie. It was amazing. I felt bad for the characters and I thought the movie was actually sad. While the movie is going on there is kind of a love story. I thought the movie was actually so real and terrifying. Whoever made this movie did a great job!

Posted: January 23, 2008 6:57 PM
    dylan1123
  • HellcatM

I saw the movie today and I loved it. The people I went to see the movie with didn't really like it that much. I don't think the makers really thought this many people would either get motion sick or annoyed by the moving cam, but it didn't bother me. I thought the whole movie was done really well, the acting was good. I think they could make a prequel and sequel to it (which I hope they do). Thats all I'll say without giving away to much about it.

Posted: January 21, 2008 1:53 PM
    HellcatM
  • HellcatM

Posted: January 20, 2008 2:01 PM
    HellcatM
  • thenoodleincident

I saw the second showing-great movie! Just a note-at the Ferris Wheel scene, watch the skies!!!!!!!!!!!

Posted: January 20, 2008 10:29 AM
    thenoodleincident
  • HellcatM

Posted: January 19, 2008 11:14 PM
    HellcatM
  • HellcatM

Posted: January 19, 2008 11:06 PM
    HellcatM
  • monkey_cheif

i feel the same way the movie itself was great the camera style was refreshing and it was all together well made. But you will be bored for the first 20 min. I was

Posted: January 19, 2008 9:04 PM
    monkey_cheif
  • bhouse

Well I just came from seeing it like less than 30 Min.'s ago an I have to say one of the best movies I've seen in year and I've seen alot of good movies.

Posted: January 18, 2008 9:03 PM
    bhouse
  • hypnotictrap

I just got back from seeing the movie. The only way I can describe it is by saying it is different. If you easily get motion sick, be careful. I had trouble sitting through it. I don't want to say anything else about the movie but it isn't what I expected.

Posted: January 18, 2008 11:58 AM
    hypnotictrap
  • Cipher000

Since everyone will have a different idea of what the monster will look like, they should play it out at the very end like " OMG look at the monster" and the camera turns, your about to see it, and then the camera battery dies.

Posted: January 18, 2008 9:45 AM
    Cipher000
  • Eman0228

I do not understand holywoods need to use amature filming styles. If i waned to see a home movie with a shakey handy cam I'd make one and watch it myself.

Posted: January 17, 2008 5:06 PM
    Eman0228
  • 1964

it looks confusing

Posted: January 17, 2008 4:17 PM
    1964
  • Lucifer6972

You know, I barely like to show off but I have to say it..................we already got the movie! HA! But be quiet, its our little secret, O.K? LOL.........what a small world we live in. As for the movie.........I WON'T SAY NOTHING AT FIRST! Just watch......

Posted: January 17, 2008 12:14 PM