Live Weeknights at 7PM ET
Welcome to TV's only source for all the stuff you care about from the coolest viral videos to the hottest new gadgets, comics and movies. Attack of the Show gets it before it gets out.

Just Who is Olivia Munn?

sjohnson
Posted April 7, 2006 - By Stephen Johnson

In case you haven't heard, Attack of the Show has a new co-host, the lovely, talented Olivia Munn... But just who is this Olivia Munn? I sat down with her to get the answer to this burning question.

So just who is this Olivia Munn?

That’s a great question. I came from a small town in…You’re really gonna ask me that question?

What did I do wrong?

You need to be more specific.

Crap. Okay, how about: “what were you doing before you got the gig hosting Attack of the Show?"

Better. I was born Oklahoma, raised in Japan, and I’ve always done theater, since I was really little. I begged my mother with everything I had in my body to come out to California, and she let me. Last fall I shot my first TV show, a re-occuring character on this new show where I play a 16 year old surfer. She’s called a “Titta” in Hawaiian. Titta means “tough chick” in Hawaian, so I play a tough chick.  I shot that, and I’m about to shoot a movie with Rob Schneider. I booked role in his new movie! It’s called Big Stan, and I play his receptionist, and he’s a sleazy real estate agent.  I had lots of commercial work and print work. Basically, I’m living the life of an actress in L.A. And I’ve recently had some pretty good fortune.

Sounds like things are going along really well. And with the role on Attack of the Show, that’s shooting for the stars.

With the new direction the show is going, it will be going to the stars.

Have you ever done live TV before?

I used to be a sideline reporter for Fox Sports, doing college football, and womens’ basketball courtside, so I’ve done it before. But this is so much easier because I feel much more comfortable with myself. When I was working with Fox Sports, they’d put me in these big jackets—

That’s a crime!

I know! So they’d put me in these big jackets and I’d talk like this (imitating cheesy announcer voice) “So, what were you thinking in the second half when-" and that’s not my voice and not my cadence and I was trying to be something I wasn’t, and that made me really uncomfortable on live TV. But today I did my first Attack of the Show, and I’m a much more chill person now that I know who I am and know my own voice, so I don’t really get nervous with live TV at all.

Not nervous at all? Like even a little bit?

Not at all. I was nervous a little before I came on. Which was a little weird. I didn’t expect it from myself.  I was thinking “Man. It’s live.” Everyone kept asking me, “Are you excited?” The answer was “I’m really looking forward to it and I’m really happy, but being excited and giddy…" I was excited when it happened, when everything worked out with G4, but now I’m like, “Okay. What’s next? What’s next?”  I’m just focused on doing the job and doing it great.

What do you think of your cohost Kevin Pereira so far?

I really like Kevin. Kevin’s like having a brother… I’m sure he doesn’t like for girls to say that to him, but he’s like a brother. You know how some people are really jokey or really giddy, but they’re not naturally like that but trying to be that person? They’re really annoying. But Kevin genuinely is that guy, so it doesn’t annoy me. People can annoy me pretty easily, and I’ll call you on it. But I really like Kevin. He’s down-to-earth, and he is who he is. He's just a really sweet guy.

Are you the same off camera as you are on-camera?

I am. I can’t imagine being any other way. I might smile a little more on-camera. You’ll have to tell me whether I’m the same or not.

What do you think of Sarah Lane?

Sarah is awesome. What you guys have done in the past is awesome. But I’m a completely different person, and the show is going in a totally new direction, so I tried to not watch too many of the shows. I mean, I watched it enough to get familiar with it, but I don’t want to be thinking of what you used to do. It’s a new day. G4’s going to a new level, and I hope that I start off on that next level and keep going. I don’t want to mimic anyone. If I was to watch Sarah a lot, I might start to mimic her.

So you’re also hosting Formula D...

Yes. I think I’m doing every show you guys have and the Website. I’m going to be doing your job next. In fact, lemme sit down at your desk and get started. Seriously, I started to watch some Formula D videos from last year, and I turned it off so I wouldn’t imitate how that reporter was doing it and that’s just not me.

What will you bring to Attack of the Show?

That’s a hard question. I hope I bring a new breath. A different angle. I’ll bring something really cool to the show.  I hope to bring more viewers. I’m a different kind of girl. I think, just from talking with the people at G4,  I embody what they want for the next level. I hope I bring that. A new look, a new feel, a new voice.  Okay. I’m done answering this question.

Tell me about the new voice you’ll bring.

I’m really sarcastic. Not Morgan Webb sarcastic. She’s dry, 100%. I'm different from her. You’ll see!

I have one more question, on behalf of the entire Internets that will read this and look at your picture: Can I take you out for a hamburger sandwich or a chicken dinner?

I love chicken!

Is that a “yes”?

You hear that, the internets?! Sweet!

I love chicken. That’s the way to my heart. Hey, wanna hear me beatbox?

Hell yeah.

(At this point, Olivia delivers a three minute human beatbox routine that is the sweetest thing you’ll ever hear. Audio file coming soon.)

Can I change my last question about the chicken dinner?

Sure.

Will you marry me instead?

You hear that, The Internets? Eat it, bitches!

I’m really easy, by the way. Seriously.

• G4obssesor

Ive been a fan of AOTS for a few years and really like her work. Plus she is insanely hot.
    ;)

Posted: March 31, 2009 8:32 PM
    G4obssesor
  • killshock77

I've been watching attack of the show for awhile and you guys never told people how to get past blocked sites i would like to know contact me at
    yahoo.com
    killshock77@yahoo.com

Posted: March 19, 2009 12:25 PM
    killshock77
  • BoxGoBoom

She's perfect. :D

Posted: July 17, 2008 11:52 PM
    BoxGoBoom
  • Fukker21

Yes Olivia Munn is HOT AS HELL !

Posted: June 26, 2008 3:27 AM
    Fukker21
  • StokeyBob

Olivia,

Tonight on the show you had a list of top things to hurl. You totally missed the number one thing.

Bananas!

When I was young an old timer at work told me about them. I was going home sick. He told me I should eat some bananas. I ask if they would help cure me. He said no but they would taste just as good coming up as going down.

He was right. You can't know just how good barfing can be until you've tried it after eating bananas.

Well not good maybe but it sure cuts the taste.

Posted: June 22, 2008 10:27 PM
    StokeyBob
  • Vani

OKAY WELL OLIVIA, SORRY,

JUST TAKE THE SPACE OUT OF THE 'VIDEO' IN THE LINK ABOVE AND.... IT SHOULD WORK THEN.....

IT'S WORTH IT!

SRI VANI AND KAMALAN

Posted: June 20, 2008 6:05 PM
    Vani
  • Vani

OLIVIA,
    MAYBE THIS LINK WILL WORK. THE ONE ABOVE DIDN'T SEEM TO PASTE RIGHT.

http://www.cyberthing.net/vi deo-play.php?id=105

YOURS,
    SRI VANI AND KAMALAN

Posted: June 20, 2008 6:03 PM
    Vani
  • Vani

HI OLIVIA!
    THE SHOW SEEMS EMPTY WHEN YOU'RE NOT THERE!

WE WANT TO SHARE THE MOST INTENSE VIDEO WE'VE EVER SEEN ON THE WEB.

WE REALLY, REALLY HOPE YOU AIR IT!!!

IT'S ABOUT A LION.

http://www.cyberthing.net/vi deo-play.php?id=105

YOUR FANS,
    SRI VANI AND KAMALAN

Posted: June 20, 2008 5:58 PM
    Vani
  • Strider93905

I think you are beautiful.I wish there were more girls like you.Want to have my arms around your sexy hips and your lips next to my lips.Can you please send a picture of yourself to me.

Posted: May 21, 2008 12:22 PM
    Strider93905
  • jjw0682

I just wanted to say what up. On xbox live I am known as jjw0682. Check me out on my last years project @ myspace.com/boxxrecords. As of this year I am starting a new name and lable. I will be @ myspace.com/jessejrecords. I love G4. Hi everyone there.

Posted: May 9, 2008 7:42 PM
    jjw0682
  • burninhate33

haha i was talking about her in cops like 10 minutes ago shes cool but the stuff i said was just cuz im random, if she or kevin were takin off of G4 i would never play video games again and g4 i play a lot of video games which would cause me to go psycho so OLIVIA AND KEVIN YOU KEEP DOIN YOUR THANG!

Posted: April 22, 2008 12:24 AM
    burninhate33
  • rojobox

olivia is awesome n the prettiest girl that i ever seen in my life, she's so beauty, so please call me ja,
    cul8er...

Posted: April 16, 2008 7:45 AM
    rojobox
  • zamoak

Olivia is so beautiful

Posted: April 15, 2008 8:23 PM
    zamoak
  • Kzeron

She's awesome and beautiful of course!!!!

Posted: April 11, 2008 7:30 PM
    Kzeron
  • awalker

Thank god Olivia came onto the show. Wow she was beatboxing all the way back then.

Posted: April 7, 2008 2:42 AM
    awalker
  • kdentz23

Olivia i will do anything to be with you

Posted: March 19, 2008 1:20 PM
    kdentz23
  • legendkiller14

hey whts ur num

Posted: March 5, 2008 4:24 PM
    legendkiller14
  • zooney9334

Oliva and Kevin have managed to ruin many a shows for me. I tried to watch the CES 08 show, but her "dumb blond" and "Gosh I'm soooo hot" moments completely ruined so many sections that we turned it off. Having Morgan Webb and Adam Sessler temporarily fill in for them on AOTS is probably the smartest thing G4 ever did.

Posted: January 12, 2008 9:55 AM
    zooney9334
  • zooney9334

Posted: January 12, 2008 9:53 AM
    zooney9334
  • devonamber

I noticed one of your sets has cell phones hanging in the background. Are all of those real? If they are those can be recycled. recycling cell phones helps to protect native habitat for gorillas. I know this is an odd comment to recieve. I work a Cheyenne Mountain Zoo in Colorado Springs,CO. My husband and I watch your show all the time and I thought maybe you could mention something about recycling cell phones. I think its important for people to be notified as to what they can do for conservation.

Posted: January 11, 2008 1:52 PM
    devonamber
  • haver9

Olivia I can only hope you get to read this. Ive watched g4 for some years now, starting with Cinimatech. I have to say you may be the most beautiful woman in the entire world, and in truth may be the only reason I watch attack of the show. And surprisingly enough Im not a cheese puff and hotpocket filled blob. Im actually quite attractive. Im an artist and a massage therapist living in Pacific Beach California. I think we could possibly produce the most attractive children not made by cabbage patch kids. I hope you contact me so we can meet and have passionate animal love, or at least send me a free hat or something. Also I was quite devistated when I learned I missed the casting calls for the new star trek movie as I was in Michigan for the holidays. Anything you could do to find me a part would be appreciated. Your love Nugget. Joshua Haver

Posted: January 5, 2008 9:31 AM
    haver9
  • ChaosNight9

simply beautiful, I love the freckles.... Is it at all possible to get a signed photo for a fan?

Posted: December 6, 2007 8:17 PM
    ChaosNight9
  • Chris_111

I loooooooove your hair... yeah i'm a hair lover.... when are you going to go to fans house to host?

Posted: December 6, 2007 5:03 PM
    Chris_111
  • Chris_111

Olivia is the best... i can't wait to see you on aots today

Posted: December 4, 2007 3:31 PM
    Chris_111
  • Chris_111

Olivia... please, send me your e-mail... that would be the best... pitch_black56@yahoo.com

Posted: December 3, 2007 5:53 PM
    Chris_111
  • Chris_111

O.K i just want to say... my sisters friend told me about aots, so i started watching it. Boy i got to tell you olivia, you were my hero the first time i started watchin. much better then morgan... don't tell her i said that jk,lololololol anyway... your the best, keep up the god work olivia.

Posted: December 2, 2007 7:44 PM
    Chris_111
  • BonesBoogie

hello this is bonesboogie you can email me at bonesboogie@aol.com i am 16 i just want to see what you are about :)

Posted: November 29, 2007 10:33 AM
    BonesBoogie
  • jumboman1492

i think olivia munn is a very hot and sexy woman. i would love to have her in my live.. olivia munn i would love to have your email. so we can talk..

Posted: November 10, 2007 6:03 AM
    jumboman1492
  • luvdamunnster

I never watched this show till one day the Olivia Awesome Beauty caught my eye channal Surfing. She has such a natural look in her Smile. Only the most handsome and lucky Man would be able to tame her.

Posted: October 26, 2007 9:43 AM
    luvdamunnster
  • giopio21

http://www.break.com/pictures/ olivia-munn384262.html

now you're famous

Posted: October 18, 2007 7:19 AM
    giopio21
  • kaps84

Posted: October 17, 2007 1:26 PM
    kaps84
  • T16

hey olivia i watch your show all the time so i was wondering if i could have yours and kevins email??? please please please my brithdays halloween so it'll be a present...lol

Posted: October 15, 2007 4:08 PM
    T16
  • superman94589

olivia and kevin you guys are the reason i started watching aots
    still got signed pics?
    (please)

Posted: October 8, 2007 2:25 AM
    superman94589
  • redragon

man marry me Olivia Munn !!!!

Posted: September 27, 2007 9:45 PM
    redragon
  • thepacmaniac

My exciting life...
    Bioshock
    Forza
    FEAR
    Gears
    &
    Ghosts
    just to name a few...

...then
    Ms. Munn on TV...
    WHY DOESN'T G4 COME IN HD???

...because then

my exciting life
    would more clearly see the light

Posted: September 8, 2007 11:35 PM
    thepacmaniac
  • fox80

oh yeah anna david...she sucks..and in your pants sucks..

Posted: August 30, 2007 10:00 PM
    fox80
  • fox80

kevin and olivia rock, they are both really funny. they are great hosts for the show.
    I'll tell what i really think though...i can't think of her name but the girl who does in your pants...who is taking olivias spot while she's out is a dog..get her off...make layliegh kayle kev's sidekick while olivias out..the other girl don't cut it!

Posted: August 30, 2007 9:59 PM
    fox80
  • Orange_Panda

wat are you guys talking about its not like kevin pereira isnt funny at all you guys are talking about olivia like shes so much funnier than kevin. theyre like equally funny. but olivia is hot. and kevin pereira is a guy. so olivia wins.

Posted: August 30, 2007 5:48 AM
    Orange_Panda
  • willli

gorgeos and lovely when will I meet you give me a holla 602 9385410

Posted: August 20, 2007 10:28 AM
    willli
  • SkeetSkeetYeah

Lmfao Olivia Munn and Kevin Pereira are the funniest TV hosts I know. And Olivia is Amazingly Beautiful.....

So is Kevin.

Posted: August 19, 2007 11:50 AM
    SkeetSkeetYeah
  • wswarrior18

The only reason i watch aots is Olivia. She is the hottest woman on tv!!!! I love her personality,style, and sense of humor. I have to agree with piecesofleft-why can't every girl be like her. If your sending out pics of her, i'll take any and all.
    wswarrior18@yahoo.com

Posted: August 17, 2007 1:24 PM
    wswarrior18
  • SpiceBun

Olivia, I really like your style.. better than those latin-american dating show hostesses
    signed pics? where do i sign in?

Posted: August 11, 2007 3:01 PM
    SpiceBun
  • danimal4you

Olvia Munn should be my woman
    she is definately a beautiful goddess
    damn you kevin
    you get all the luck

Posted: August 7, 2007 7:32 PM
    danimal4you
  • killarshark

olivia ur so hott after seeing you take that dog on a string you re-define the word LUST other girls can learn from her. she's a swollower and not a spitter.

Posted: August 7, 2007 9:32 AM
    killarshark
  • lilscrappy427

i think im in love! Olivia Munn is hot! give me a holla! www.myspace.com/lilscrappy427

Posted: August 3, 2007 7:28 PM
    lilscrappy427
  • CaptMaxz

just like my gf sweet

Posted: July 23, 2007 1:06 PM
    CaptMaxz
  • The_Spartan_

Wow

Posted: July 20, 2007 10:18 AM
    The_Spartan_
  • WarMachine618

I`ll take both her and the signed pic i love that that woman she should never leave the show unless she comes to my house.

Posted: July 12, 2007 10:38 PM
    WarMachine618
  • apache108

Hey, if Olivia IS sending signed pics, PUT ME ON THE LIST!!! Ya hear that Olivia? Domo Arigato!

Posted: July 12, 2007 9:24 AM
    apache108
  • cbdakilla

Olivia, you're cool! ahahah I think I added you on myspace... if that was your myspace ~_~

But yeah, out of all the G4 girls you are the most beautiful. Please don't leave the show, Kevin needs you LOL! ^_^

Posted: July 12, 2007 12:46 AM
    cbdakilla
  • jokerzz

Hey olivia i just started watching G4 and i gotta say that i love youre show its really amazing dont quit becuase so far you have been the funniest person on G4 if you quite it would be terrible, but anyway you are a very hilarious lady and you are doing a awesome job on the show!!!

Posted: June 28, 2007 12:32 PM
    jokerzz
  • nakumuri

Ahaa,
    Heres a picture of me from online site..
    http://www.hotornot.com/r/?e id=OZN8BR&key=NBJ

Posted: June 21, 2007 9:36 PM
    nakumuri
  • nakumuri

I absolutly enjoy the show, your personalities mesh well creating a real non-scripted enviroment, although I have totally falen for Olivia , I find deep inner feelings of joy and love, its a strange feeling, one that I have not felt before in past relationships I have clearly been dating for the wrong reasons, sad though I come about this new Lv. of emotion with a person on the other side of the screen. Anyways keep up the fantastic show and Olivia if u are single and enjoy outdoor activites drop me an email we can chat. I would add a picture here but i cant see t be able to

Posted: June 21, 2007 9:31 PM
    nakumuri
  • TopazReeka

yay!!! i love olivia! she's so awesome, i think i'd be sick of pereira by no tho if i was her...

Posted: June 13, 2007 10:37 AM
    TopazReeka
  • HaunterV

wewt go munn!

Posted: May 30, 2007 4:11 PM
    HaunterV
  • STpsycho

Kevin my friend, you are a very lucky man, that woman is GeOrGeOuS!

Posted: May 10, 2007 11:34 AM
    STpsycho
  • PiecesofLeft

why cant every girl be like you Olivia?

Posted: March 20, 2007 9:51 PM
    PiecesofLeft
  • skipdoggs

screw the signed pic i want her!

Posted: January 25, 2007 6:23 PM
    skipdoggs
  • dall1

Hot and cool, ya gotta love her, can I get a signed pic?

Posted: January 20, 2007 10:45 AM